[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make my own operating system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16
File: White Man Programmer.jpg (321 KB, 1971x1971) Image search: [Google]
White Man Programmer.jpg
321 KB, 1971x1971
How can I make my own operating system?
>>
>>54024253
Start here: http://wiki.osdev.org/Main_Page
>>
>>54024341
After this, proceed to run over CIA niggers with your car
>>
just bee yourself
>>
>>54024253
Install Gentoo
>>
>>54024341

osdev isn't the most newbie-friendly resource AFAIK.
>>
>>54024421
Writing a fucking Operating System isn't a fucking newbie task.
>>
Without a specific reason for wanting to do so.. well, I mean, why bother..

You fucking CIA nigger
>>
>>54024253
It took Stallman and his team a decade, and it would've been longer if it wasn't for Torvalds

Now you want to do it? Come on man. It's not a one person job.
>>
http://github.com/CosmosOS/Cosmos

You can thank me later.
>>
>>54024482
>creating a barebones OS
Took me literally one semester in university, from bootloader to scheduler to interrupt handler to memory handling to file system. The only thing I didn't do from scratch was implementing a crude VGA driver.

It's not hard, but then again, it's very different from creating a modern OS you actually intend to use as your everyday OS.

But not even Terry does this, he runs TempleOS in an emulator.
>>
1. have autism
2. learn x86 and x86_64 assembly
3. learn C
>>
>>54024482

>rewriting history this hard

Wow, GNUtards truly believe Stallman created shit.

The reason it took them so long is because they weren't doing shit, they were just being edgy militant SJWs in their mom's basement and eating cheetos.

Now they try to piggyback on Torvalds' hard work by prepending "GNU" to Linux. Happily, nobody really calls it GNU/Linux.
>>
>>54024499
>Cosmos is an operating system "construction kit", built from the ground up around the IL2CPU compiler in C# and our home-brewed language called X#

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>54024531
>Wow, GNUtards truly believe Stallman created shit.
It's not like Torvalds ported the already existing GNU userland (including GCC) to Linux....

oh wait
>>
>>54024525

>C
Any low-level language will do, even Pascal.

>x86 assembly
Why torture yourself if you can use RISC?

Get an old PowerBook to program in PPC asm and enjoy the ugly side-effects of x86 asm, including alcoholism and suicide.
>>
>>54024482
Well, they had to adhere to a standard, or in other words, build a Unix system.
If you drop interoperability, there's actually quite little to do, to get something workable.

Also, trying won't make you any dumber.
>>
>>54024560
>Why torture yourself if you can use RISC?
I think x86 is easier to program in than RISC

For the same reason I find it easier to program in a high-level programming language than a low-level programming language
>>
>>54024482
>It took Stallman and his team a decade
And its still not done!
>0.7
>>
>>54024576
>GNU/Hurd
>not done
wut
>>
>>54024559

Linux can be used and often is used with any non-GNU userland. Take Toybox, for instance.

Also, a lot in Linux doesn't come from GNU, but from BSD. But nobody's pushing for it to be called BSD/Linux. Why? Because it's not a pedantic naming concern, it's a marketing attempt.

Finally, let me just say that GNU is oftentimes the reason for many of Linux' drawbacks. A few examples are its lack of documentation (durr see the info pages for the manual) and true pearls of autism like GIMP.

GNU is cancer.
>>
>>54024564

>Unix
>standard

The de facto standard operating system is Windows. What are you talking about?
>>
>>54024573

You sound confused.
>>
>>54024593
>Linux can be used and often is used with any non-GNU userland. Take Toybox, for instance.
Yes, because (almost) POSIX. Does this somehow imply that GNU didn't already exist when Torvalds decided to port it to his new kernel?

>Also, a lot in Linux doesn't come from GNU, but from BSD
It comes from UNIX you faggot. Back then, even BSD was known as UNIX (it wasn't until the gazillion fragmented mini-UNICES showed up people started to refer to them as "BSDs").

>But nobody's pushing for it to be called BSD/Linux. Why? Because it's not a pedantic naming concern, it's a marketing attempt.
See above.

>Finally, let me just say that GNU is oftentimes the reason for many of Linux' drawbacks. A few examples are its lack of documentation (durr see the info pages for the manual) and true pearls of autism like GIMP.
GIMP has nothing to do with the GNU userland. GNU userland = UNIX clone, GIMP = some fucking MS Paint clone.

You don't know shit.
>>
>>54024531
E M A C S

M

A

C

S
>>
File: 1459462504822.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459462504822.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>make a shitpost
>no-one replies for 6 minutes
>think I failed
thanks lads, 2bh TempleOS is pretty impressive. Terry might displace Linus as my programming hero.
>>
>>54024584
>>54024576

Debian released a beta GNU/Hurd like last year. So yeah sorta done.

Is there are actual advantage to the Hurd over Linux kernel? I mean Linux-libre or whatever exists so there are no binary blobs in every Debian GNU/Linux distribution. Seems kinda pointless desu
>>
>>54024667
>no paging, only an identity mapped page table = shared memory everywhere
>VGA only video output
>drops to real mode to do simple IO
>file system is a simplified FAT
>>
>>54024681
>Debian released a beta GNU/Hurd like last year. So yeah sorta done.
30 years later ......................
>>
>>54024681
>Is there are actual advantage to the Hurd over Linux kernel?
Not really. But it's a microkernel design, so if you happen to be autistic about those sort of things you might use that instead.
>>
File: terryisbest.jpg (33 KB, 587x195) Image search: [Google]
terryisbest.jpg
33 KB, 587x195
>>54024253
>>
First learn C
Then Systems Programming
>Computer Systems: A Programmers Perspective
Then Assembly
>programming from the ground up
Then Operating System development
>osdev
>Tannenbaum
>>
>>54024429
/thread
>>
>>54024521
Proof or fuck off
>>
>>54024721
If Linus never came around Hurd would have came out sooner lol. Still not as quickly, but the Hurd development slowed down because everyone jumped on the Linux bandwagon so they could finally have their functional OS

Linux was a compromise anyway. At its creation it wasn't licensed GPL and it contained nonfree binary blobs for years after. Hurd was the more pure, naive attempt at an OS
>>
File: 1435574561878.png (5 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1435574561878.png
5 KB, 396x400
What would happen if Terry and Stallman had a panel together at a conference?
>>
>>54024573
>I think
>>
>>54024827
Here's the course: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF3151/index-eng.html

It's 6 years since I did it though, so if it's code you want I need to dig down deep in my old stuff.
>>
>>54024889
>6 years
Just realised it's 8 years.

Was the TA in the year after, my name is still listed on the 2009 page.
>>
>>54024645

>Does this somehow imply that GNU didn't already exist when Torvalds decided to port it to his new kernel?
That's not the point. The point is it doesn't imply that GNU is part of Linux either.

>It comes from UNIX you faggot.
It's code that came from BSD, I don't know why you are trying to blur the distinction between both.

>GIMP has nothing to do with the GNU userland.
GIMP literally stands from GNU Image Manipulation Program. It's part of GNU.

>You don't know shit.
I know GNU follows absurd code guidelines, breaks compatibility and conventions constantly for retarded reasons and ultimately creates shitty software.

But also I know that in the real world nobody unironically calls Linux "GNU/Linux", which is great, because most don't fall for Stallman's bullshit, and that makes you really mad. So stay mad.
>>
>>54024889
Thanks anon
>>
>>54024914
>That's not the point. The point is it doesn't imply that GNU is part of Linux either.
THAT IS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT

LINUX IS THE KERNEL
GNU IS THE USER-LAND

THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE THINGS

HENCE WHY IT'S CALLED GNU/LINUX, OR AS I'VE RECENTLY TAKEN TO CALLING IT, GNU+LINUX

>It's code that came from BSD, I don't know why you are trying to blur the distinction between both.
It's not code that came from BSD because BSD is proprietary.

>GIMP literally stands from GNU Image Manipulation Program. It's part of GNU.
It's part of the GNU project, but it's not userland.
>>
File: rms-disgust.jpg (59 KB, 585x600) Image search: [Google]
rms-disgust.jpg
59 KB, 585x600
>>54024914
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you proprietary slave? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Harvard, and I’ve been involved in numerous free software projects, and I have contributed to over 300 core-utils for GNU. I am skilled in Lisp and I’m St. IGNU-cius, saint of the Church of Emacs. You are nothing to me but just another unethical non-free software advocate. I will distribute the fuck out of your source code with freedom the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about me and the GPL on the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my colleagues at FSF and your binaries are being reversed engineered right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your copyright. You're fucking dead, kid. Free software can be anywhere, anytime, and it can ensure your freedom in over four ways, and that’s just with the GPLv2. Not only am I extensively skilled at C hacking, but I have access to the source of the entire GNU userland and core-utils and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable proprietary code off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what ethical retribution your little “clever” program was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have ensured your users' freedom. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit free as in freedom all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: heheheh.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
heheheh.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>54024914
>>54024593
>he thinks GIMP is part of GNU/Linux
>he literally thinks a image program is an essential part of an operating system
>>
>>54024733
:D God bless you Terry!
>>
learn x86 assembly

good luck
>>
>>54024949

>it's called something nobody calls it
Okay, Richard.

>BSD is proprietary
You just went full retard.
>>
>>54025025
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Software_Distribution#4.3BSD

Get rekt, retard
>>
>>54024987

>he thinks anything of GNU is essential to Linux

NOTHING of GNU is essential to Linux, and that's my entire fucking point.

Stay strawmanning.
>>
>>54024703
He coded that shit in 2 years alone. You are not allowed to complain about it
>>
>>54025056
>what is gcc, glibc and GPL
>>
>>54025043

>he doesn't know the difference between the present tense and the past tense
>says something IS somethingelse
>sends me a link referring to something that happened 30 years ago

You're too dumb, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the Internet.
>>
>>54024914
>I know GNU follows absurd code guidelines, breaks compatibility and conventions constantly for retarded reasons and ultimately creates shitty software.
THIS
holy shit GNU software pisses me off
>>
>>54025060
See >>54024889 and >>54024911

Except for the fancy graphics and the Oracle thing and psalm player, I implemented more than he did in 5 months.

>>54025056
The point is GIMP is not part of GNU/Linux.

Linux is the kernel. GNU is the userland.

Why do you think GNU/Hurd and GNU/kFreeBSD exists?
>>
>>54025067
>what is gcc, glibc
Two pieces of software that can be replaced?

>GPL
That's just a license.
>>
Just started browsing /g/ after a two year-long hiatus. Jesus, we're still having these same arguments? Come on.
>>
>>54025072
>he thinks there is an OS called BSD today
The last BSD was 4.4BSD, which Novell procured all the rights to.

You're thinking of FreeBSD, DragonflyBSD, NetBSD etc which all came after Linux and have little of the original BSD code in them (as Novell sued the fuck out of everyone).

Also
>hurr durr 30 years ago
We're talking about Linux' conception here, after all.
>>
>>54025067

>gcc
It's a C compiler. There are many others.

>glibc
It's an implementation of the C standard library. There are many others, and as a matter of fact many Linux distributions don't use glibc.

>GPL
Not software.
>>
File: 1024px-IanMurdock-640x426.jpg (29 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1024px-IanMurdock-640x426.jpg
29 KB, 640x426
>>54024253
First you have to use the word nigger.
>>
>>54025149
Ian Murdock used it ironically.

Terry uses it insanely.
>>
>>54025155
>it's not shitposting if it's ironic
>>
>>54024253
Step 1:
>Become insane
Step 2:
>Hide from them CIA Niggers.
Step 3:
>???
Step 4:
>You have created TempleOS

All in 4 easy steps!
>>
>>54025078

>GNU/Hurd
Some wandering of the mind from the SJWs of the GNU team that somehow makes sense to them.

>GNU/kFreeBSD
Same but from Debian.
>>
>>54025173
He had a mental breakdown and killed himself. I wouldn't exactly call that shitposting.
>>
>>54025087
You clearly don't know what you're talking abou

>That's just a license.
It's more important than you think.
>Two pieces of software that can be replaced?
gcc has been around since 80s as the only free compiler, llvm was released in 2005...

Without all the early work of GNU we wouldn't not have the FOSS community we have now, not even BSD because it was Stallman himself that convinced BSD to release under a free license
>>
>>54025110
>You're thinking of FreeBSD, DragonflyBSD, NetBSD etc which all came after Linux and have little of the original BSD code in them (as Novell sued the fuck out of everyone).
Wrong. 4.4BSD-lite only had a few files removed which weren't very significant, and easy to rewrite. And the modern BSDs still retain a good portion of the original BSD code in userspace, though the kernels are quite different(I say this as a FreeBSD contributor). And it wasn't Novell that was suing, it was USL, an AT&T subsidiary which developed System V.
>>
>>54025196
Age doesn't mean it can't be replaced, dumbass.

>because it was Stallman himself that convinced BSD to release under a free license
L
O
L
>>
>>54025110

>he doesn't know "BSD" these days is used as an umbrella term for all of those he mentioned
Do you use SSH? Then I hope you call Linux OpenBSD/GNU/Linux, because that's part of the userland you know?
>>
>>54024421
If you can't follow OSDev and work from there you're not up to the task.
>>
File: manhattan.jpg (27 KB, 360x433) Image search: [Google]
manhattan.jpg
27 KB, 360x433
>>54025176
The funny thing is that even though Terry is fucking insane, he's a better programmer than most of this board
>>
>>54025229
>he's a better programmer than most of this board
God damn right, mans a legend.
>>
>>54025220
>ssh is part of the userland
It's not.

>>54025214
Everyone was suing everyone for the rights to call themselves UNIX.
>>
>>54025215
God you're such a retard. If not then 100% underage. You really need to educate yourself some more before talking nonsense

Do you understand that without GNU's early work we would not have all the FOSS ecosystem we have now?
>>
>>54025276
>God you're such a retard. If not then 100% underage. You really need to educate yourself some more before talking nonsense
and same to you, my friend

richard stallman had nothing to do with the BSD license, but whatever you say
>>
>>54025214
>>54025110
Fun fact: If it weren't for patent trolls, the modern BSD-licenses would have been copyleft. Because of Novell and USL and AT&T and the likes, the new derivates were forced to be able to coexist with proprietary code, hence why the licenses are permissive.

People on this board who rant about how infectious the GPL is should give this a thought.
>>
>>54025229
Than all of the world *
>>
>>54025301
s/patent trolls/copyright trolls
>>
>>54025253
>It's not.
Are you unaware of what a userland is? The ssh program runs in user mode, which makes it a user program, like most GNU utilities.
>Everyone was suing everyone for the rights to call themselves UNIX.
Actually the UNIX trademark's ownership was relatively indisputable compared to the operating system itself. Even then, the only major conflicts relating to that were USL vs. CSRG and SCO vs. [insert linux company here]. Novell purchased UNIX from AT&T to ease the legal turmoil surrounding it, but that didn't stop SCO from litigating.
>>
Can I write mine in Java /g/?
>>
>>54025229
>a board
C'mon pal...
>>
>>54025363
>Are you unaware of what a userland is? The ssh program runs in user mode, which makes it a user program, like most GNU utilities.
Userland = core utilities, you know, sh, cp, ls, mv etc.

Off course applications are part of user-space, but when we are talking about the GNU in GNU/Linux we are obviously referring to the core utils.
>>
>>54025293
>richard stallman had nothing to do with the BSD license, but whatever you say
Once again, educate yourself
>in my “spare time” I talk with developers who have used BSD-style licenses, asking them if they would please remove the advertising clause. Around 1996 I spoke with the developers of FreeBSD about this, and they decided to remove the advertising clause from all of their own code. In May 1998 the developers of Flick, at the University of Utah, removed this clause.
>>
>>54025087
>>54025142
gcc is the only compiler than can compile the Linux kernel

llvm is trying to achieve compiling linux by making it behave like gcc
>>54025363
The logic that the FSF uses is that the Linux kernel source by itsself does nothing, and that you need GNU libraries and programs to have an operating system.

It's not about what is user and kernel space, but about what exactly makes something an OS
>>
>>54025301
CSRG was under no legal obligation to release BSD under its current license, it did so out of pure choice. While several proprietary UNIX vendors incorporated BSD code into their OS, that did not prevent Berkeley from licensing it as copyleft.

Before making any further assertions, it would be advisable to provide some citations(if any) for your claims, else you may risk further embarrassment.
>>
>>54025196

>what is pcc?
>what is tcc?
>>
>>54025433
>Code copying and theft of trade secrets was alleged. The actual infringing code was not identified for nearly two years. The lawsuit could have dragged on for much longer but for the fact that Novell bought USL from AT&T and sought a settlement. In the end, three files were removed from the 18,000 that made up the distribution, and a number of minor changes were made to other files. In addition, the University agreed to add USL copyrights to about 70 files, with the stipulation that those files continued to be freely redistributed.

From the fucking wikipedia page, you flaming mongo.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>54025196
>it was Stallman himself that convinced BSD to release under a free license
I hope you're a troll.

Does somebody unironically believe the GNU indoctrination?
>>
>>54025424
Yes, and he had nothing to do with the licensing of the original BSD operating system. Try again.

>>54025426
>gcc is the only compiler than can compile the Linux kernel
Blame the shitty GNUisms.
>>
>>54025426
>>54025548
http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>54025559
That was actually true for a long time because Linux is genuinely shitty in terms of code.

It had plenty of in-line assembly, which I think only GCC supported.
>>
>>54025149
https://youtu.be/gs3sgwr-1p4
>>
>>54025489
Incredible. Perhaps your flaw isn't that you're misinformed, but instead it may be your lack of reading comprehension. Nowhere in that paragraph does it state, or even hint, that the settlement hindered Berkeley from licensing it as copyleft.

Actually, there is still nothing preventing someone from licensing BSD as copyleft. Simply redistribute your own version and append the GPL to the permissively licensed portions.
>>
>>54024949
why does gnu get first billing? the kernel was the hard part.
>>
>>54025548
>Yes, and he had nothing to do with the licensing of the original BSD operating system. Try again.
I didn't say that

Point is that without GNU there would be no free software, not this early at least.
I don't worship GNU or Stallman but I'm aware that without them our current world would be very different.
>>
>>54025598
>why does gnu get first billing?
Ask Torvalds, he was the one who put it in that order.

I guess because G precedes L.
>>
>>54025620
>Without all the early work of GNU we wouldn't not have the FOSS community we have now, not even BSD because it was Stallman himself that convinced BSD to release under a free license
best part is i dont think the berkeley guys even knew about the FSF or met stallman or anything
>>
>>54025592
>i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about so i'm just going to continue to throw random accusations at you because maybe i'll win this internet discussion by derailing it enough
>>
>>54025644
Your span of attention appears to be rather miniscule.
>>
>>54025690
This is an argument you can't win by calling names and throwing insults, you know.
>>
>>54024733
>terry killed a innocent person because he is schizo.
>>
>>54025766
>implying it actually happened and isn't just a figment of his imagination
>>
>>54025766
>innocent
He killed a CIA nigger alien. It's okay to run over space aliens.
>>
>>54025559
doesnt work (yet) and still relies on GNU programs
>>
>>54025635
Okay now you're just trolling
>>
>>54024703
>>VGA only video output
To be fair, you really do not have much choice in the matter, it's either write a GPU specific driver for every single card (good luck with that lol), or just use VGA.
Besides, VESA provides acceptable resolutions and the 2D performance is fine.
There's nothing wrong with using VGA.
>>
>>54025797
It's been able to compile Linux since 2010, but some kernel options are still not supported yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clang#Status_history

>relies on GNU programs
Make and autoconf is not part og GCC, of course you need these too.
>>
>>54025804
i'm trolling because i quoted the post you made where you contradict yourself?

okay
>>
>>54025813
Yeah, you are right.
>>
>>54025426
That's because the Linux kernel relies on GCC extensions, something that should be avoided like the plague.
>>
>>54025816
>>54025882
I agree it would be better if the Linux kernel was nice portable C but this is not the situation and there are clear scenarios in which GNU/Linux is the appropriate name
>>
>>54025882
i have a feeling FSF/GNU makes shit as incompatible as they can just so they can take over

remember when makefiles were portable?
>>
How can people defend a fat jew bernout like Stallman?
>>
>>54025939

A page they took from the Microsoft playbook.
>>
>>54025939
I can see them doing that, they're the SJW's of the programming world desu
>>
>>54024531
>>54024665

EMACS
MACSE
ACSEM
CSEMA
SEMAC
>>
>>54025961
yup, and the freetards keep critcizing the microsoft for the 3 E's yet they seem completely fine with doing it
>>
>>54025939
How ironic that the FSF, while always speaking against the practices of proprietary companies, employs the tactics of Microsoft.
>>
>>54024949
>but it's not userland.
you're joking right?

userland just means software that runs as a user
kek
>>
>>54025975
how ironic that GNU software is supposed to free us yet they're trying to force people to use gmake and bash
>>
>>54025991
Software that runs as the "user" is usually completely separate from the kernel, m8.
>>
>>54026012
I'm aware of that. Anything that isn't in the kernel is userland by default. GIMP is a userland program, as is Emacs, your web browser, etc
>>
>>54026012
what, do you think openssh runs in the kernel?

are you ok?
>>
>>54026026
oh shit, i just realized that wasn't the right post to quote
>>
>>54024384
then take a long drive out to the desert and dismantle the car looking for probes the cia niggers planted
>>
>>54026026
Just so you know, I am not whoever >>54025991 is responding to, and I have no idea what the conversation is actually about.
I never implied that openssh runs in the kernel.
>>
>>54024253
>work for major company in the business
>suddenly become mentally ill
>overrun cia niggers
>>
>>54024573
x86 assembly isn't remotely comparable to a HLL. It's actually LESS "user-friendly" than RISC assembly since it's not designed to be used by humans.
>>
>>54024613
They don't mean "standard" as in "most widely used", they mean that Linux was intended from the beginning to work like Unix, in other words following the standard that defines Unix systems.
>>
>>54025426
So the Linux kernel isn't even written in standard C?
>>
>>54027350
It used to have a ton of in-line assembly.

I think that speaks volume about Linux's design.
>>
>>54024429
Had a hearty laugh at this

A+ post
>>
>>54024253
you don't.
abandon your family, meditate in loneliness, and wait for god to send specifications
>>
File: rtxx6mh[1].jpg (720 KB, 3159x2369) Image search: [Google]
rtxx6mh[1].jpg
720 KB, 3159x2369
>>54024429
I digress
>>
>>54024429
+1
>>
>>54024532

It's a great learning tool, stop being so autistic.
>>
File: jesustakethewheel.gif (2 MB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
jesustakethewheel.gif
2 MB, 600x451
>>54024253
Let Jesus take the wheel
>>
File: 1451944704578.png (272 KB, 447x458) Image search: [Google]
1451944704578.png
272 KB, 447x458
>>54024885
What would happen if Terry and Stallman had a panel together at a conference and got delicious publix subs.
>>
>>54024253
Become obsessed with random numbers.
>>
File: Toro.png (68 KB, 243x233) Image search: [Google]
Toro.png
68 KB, 243x233
There are some really promising niche operating systems out there right now that might just become tomorow's Linux.

Like TORO, for instance:

http://www.torokernel.io/
>>
9:20 Terry drops a 'niggerlicious.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29g4e-0WYKk
>>
>>54024827
Most CE/SE/CS courses have some sort of OS classes, in most you have to develop an OS, or at least most parts of it
>>
>>54030514
>tomorrow's linux

I doubt Linux will ever be overtaken, anytime in the near future at least. It's like the C programming language, it's too pervasive in everything and good at what it does.
>>
>>54024521
how many courses did you take? how long was the semester? how many works did you work on the project?
>>
Who here /MITnigger/?
>tfw I'm a MIT nigger
>never gonna get accepted by Terry
>>
File: 1455390818157.jpg (45 KB, 577x599) Image search: [Google]
1455390818157.jpg
45 KB, 577x599
>>54032455
>good at what it does
>>
>>54024889
> University of Oslo
> https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=university+of+oslo+greek+letter+group&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4r5eOs47MAhWDtBQKHfUjABIQ_AUIBygB&biw=1227&bih=939#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=university+of+oslo+&imgrc=eDO3twZ5TVOFrM%3A

qt pi students amateur dorm porn?
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.