[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women in tech are underpaid. How do we fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 626x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 626x390
Women in tech are underpaid. How do we fix this?
>>
>>54010271
Make them do the same amount of work with the same amount of expertise at the same age and produce the same quality product.
>>
>>54010332
yeah you're not hearing the OP's point; those things are all happening and given all those things they're getting paid less.
>>
>>54010271
Stop hiring them. No women in tech, therefore not underpaid. Problem solved.
>>
I'd like to see the number of people in each field and averages of salery for job titles instead of bogus generalized fields
>>
>>54010332
>he thinks real life is like movies
You do realize that developers either deliver or don't, right? There is no less or more for junior positions dumbass.
>>
File: 1455157083830.jpg (110 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
1455157083830.jpg
110 KB, 1300x866
>>54010271
The better question is, why should we care?
>>
>>54010271
Why don't we talk about women in pharmacy who make more than men? please
>>
>>54010376
edgy! how do i give you gold??
>>
Pay men less
>>
I have the solution.

Everyone interacts by controlling remote robots over Tor from their home. That way no one can be discriminated against.
>>
>>54010399
because the pharmaceutical industry is neither booming nor new. it's big, but entrenched.

your question is stupid and you know it. don't act more stupid than you are.
>>
>>54010271
why is it /g/'s responsibility to help women when they're busy wasting time putting on makeup every morning instead of shitposting on /g/ and getting smarter?
>>
>>54010399
>Health care fields
>No significant gender difference
>>
>>54010445
Because if they're not pretty, they'll be payed less.
>>
>>54010271
Adjust per hour
>>
>>54010462
it's true of men too. we just get more slack on looks.
>>
>>54010455
A pharmacist makes a shitload more than $45,000/year
>>
>>54010358
>>54010396
''No``
There are many factors to a person's wage. Graduating college won't guarantee you a high wage.
It depends on what you can deliver to a company.
Hell, even God damn GitHub (tm) projects might help you land a better jerb.

Think about it for a second.
If companies could just pay women less than men, we'd see mostly woman only companies.
Most companies go through all the challenges to outsource as much work as possible, just to save a few dollars.
Why would they outsource if they could just pay women in their country less?
Or why would they even hire men at all?
Wouldn't those women quotas be redundant then?
>>
>>54010436
What the size or growth of an industry have to do with gender relative pay? The pharmaceutical industry is not going anywhere for a very long time which means most pharmaceutical jobs are fairly stable. Literally a good stable job market where women make more.
>>
File: womenpaidless.jpg (163 KB, 630x418) Image search: [Google]
womenpaidless.jpg
163 KB, 630x418
I work in an office where 1/4 is women in a technical field. Across the spectrum of productivity, I've observed that women produce less in general. I will not speak up for women getting paid more to do less, just like I wouldn't promote anyone getting paid more to do less.
>>
>>54010477
no. men are just more naturally beautiful.
>>
>>54010478
45k is shit. the median (more resistant to outliers) income for most software engineering/dev jobs is 30k higher.
>>
>>54010497
Pretty much this

Pay people based on the work they do. We should actually be actively working on figuring out ways to quantify the system a la "Good Boy Points." Cringey but you get the idea.
>>
>>54010271
Make them work the same amount with the same benifits
>>
>>54010271
Link to study

I can't wait to tear this apart, "No statistical difference" Fucking trend could not better fit the agenda of regleft if it was doctored.... Oh wait.
>>
>>54010490
are you being facetious? you know sarcasm doesn't travel well over the internet, right?
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37 KB, 466x349
Less time on their phone/doing makeup in the washrooms and more working.
Maybe a little less chit chat aswell.
People get paid less because they are worth less or think they are worth more then reality.

The only thing women do where I work is answer the phone. They'd literally be unable to do more due to their higher standards of work environment/safety. Also they can't lift for shit, which is essential.

TLDR:
Guys get paid more because we aren't pussys and get the job done, even when we don't want to/are sick.
>>
>>54010564
Here you go. The OP picture had information cut off.
http://www.businessinsider.com/college-women-experience-pay-gap-aauw-2012-10
>>
>>54010612
women are literally worthless except to create man
if they create a man, that is the greatest achievement they can get.
>>
That's an easy one! Fire all men and never hire them again.
No pay inequality, no harassment and companies make more money!
>>
>>54010714
companies can't make money if nothing ever gets done..
>>
Women should ask for more if they think they are underpaid. If they don't get the answer they are looking for, then they should quit and find new work. This is how the world works.
>>
File: women tech.jpg (153 KB, 1024x1555) Image search: [Google]
women tech.jpg
153 KB, 1024x1555
>>54010271
>forbide women be into tech
>go make sandwich
>???
>profit!
>>
Women SHOULD be paid less than men. They are the inferior sex after all.
>>
File: 1460351835170.png (65 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1460351835170.png
65 KB, 500x451
>>54010271
Actual answer that's not an ideological shitpost:
.. encourage them to negotiate their salaries. Women don't do this.
>>
>>54010521
Being retarded on purpose but just have to say it
>Good Boy Points
>Boy
>Boy
>Boy
>Camera cuts to lady in a wheelchair
>shitting her pants as she is tugging along 1000 barrels of shit behind her on wheels
>pushes herself off cliff while screaming
>>
Can't find the video but it was my favourite way to show why there's a difference. Presenter doing this at some university and it wasn't college kids but middle aged people. Presenter separated male vs female on both sides of the room and said he would go through a long list of points, if you feel this matches you at your job then stand up. Stuff was like

>You feel you couldn't quit at any time or give your two weeks without a lot of people being really angry
>You can't check out at 5:00 because you could still get called if something happened
>You could possibly die from your job
>You have to work overtime for certain projects and have absolutely no warning until the last minute

Almost every time all the men stood up and very little women did, as the thing went on it became apparent that all of these things are at tougher higher paying jobs and none of the women were willing to do any of this, you cannot after doing that complain that there's a wage gap.
>>
>>54010396
This is a joke right
>>
>>54010358
Provide evidence for the assertion.

There's something you fail to address every time: if you can pay women less for equal work in these industries, why aren't these industries saturated with female labour?
>>
>>54010660
>they used averages
into the trash it goes
>>
What do these charts even mean?

There's pay discrepancy for men and women doing the exact same job? Is that even legal? Maybe we should teach women to negotiate better?
>>
>>54010496
hes saying women only care about "equality" if it benefits them
>>
File: i-am-so-fucked-up.jpg (14 KB, 468x250) Image search: [Google]
i-am-so-fucked-up.jpg
14 KB, 468x250
>>54010271
Why should _I_ do anything for them? Guys have less sex than girls, and I don't see girls doing something to improve our situation.
>>
>>54010497
This right here. Purely anecdotal but I work with a girl that started at the company the same time as me. We both went to comperable colleges but the problem is she sucks shit at her job as a developer.

>has great ideas and knows how to code well enough
>has multiple great ideas on how to solve a single problem but is too chicken shit to pick one and go with it
>ends up wasting hours and hours on something she could have finished with her original idea
>the end result sucks because she did something wrong or forgot something obvious

After 3 years at this company, I'm now in charge of supervising her. Wasn't until I got this role that I realized how bad she was.
>>
>>54012824
When SJWs run companies (see: leddit a while ago) they prefer to ban negotiation rather than encourage women to be more aggressive negotiators.
>>
>>54012824
They mean pretty much nothing because they assumed a normal distribution by using averages. That is a bad idea when it comes to wages because it's rarely true.
>>
There is no reasoning with women. They always have an excuse. When they are on their period, they either call in work or do a shit job. Then when they get told about their shit job performance they bitch about not feeling well or going through shit.

So dumb how many things they get away with.
>>
>>54012870
That's actually a very clever trick by companies - they say it's for equality, but really it's to allow them to suppress the wages of everyone. There's a reason a lot of these startups are getting behind this push for "equality" and in a lot of cases it has nothing to do with them thinking it's the right thing to do
>>
Any study dealing with wage gaps that does not control for the company worked at is trash. If company A is 70% women and 30% men, and company B is 30% women and 70% men, and company B pays its workers more, no discrimination could be concluded in such a system. Instead, a wage gap could be attributed to women preferring companies that paid less.
>>
Unionize, women get paid less because the do not negotiate, and they do not demand as high pay. The chart makes it obvious, all the areas where there is gender pay equality are heavily unionized especially at the entry level. In industries without unions have a clear gap in pay.
>>
>>54010358
No, they take time off for child rearing or care. They take more vacations and longer vacations. I work 9 hour days 5 days a week, see my family on the weekends and sometimes if we all have time on a weeknight. My female coworker of the same job who i KNOW makes the same since i have seen her stub still makes less a year than I do. Why? She takes longer vacations and tends to work 6 hour days 4 days a week. She could work more but has stated a few times now that she would rather be home with her family. I cannot fault her for that, either, it isn't a bad thing. Just different responsibilities and choices.
Wages are not the same as earnings.
>>
>>54010477
not true, I pay more to male secretaries with a nice boi pussy
>>
>>54014114
>Wages are not the same as earnings.
this sums it up really well
>>
>>54014114
>this
Everyone please listen to this guy
>>
>>54010358

Women work an average of 2-3 hours less than men, senpai.
>>
>>54010358
Go back to funnyjunk faggot
>>
File: 4L_hXtAToap.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
4L_hXtAToap.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
Women are sex objects. They should not be allowed to go to school or have jobs. Their only job is to make babies, cook, clean, and look pretty.
>>
>>54010490
>If companies could just pay women less than men, we'd see mostly woman only companies.

you can pay niggers less for the same work but nobody in this world is going to fill their office full of niggers. same applies to women and other subhumans
>>
File: 1443099847010.png (94 KB, 410x359) Image search: [Google]
1443099847010.png
94 KB, 410x359
By using better data.

Women are paid more in computer science and it because more needs to be done to retain them since they fit an artificial demand for diverse hiring.

OP, that's literally the average wages times 0.7 for careers they don't like.
>>
>>54012824
lol if a woman shows up asking for a raise I just laugh at her face. her ""negotiation skills"" aren't going to get her shit
>>
Fix it by sterilising women. If they don't have the sudden 9 month leave looming over their employers head then they could get paid more.
Sow up their vaginas too, since they really can't resist dick.
>>
>How do we fix this?

We don't.
It's illegal for women to earn less for the same work as males, it is not (and should not) be illegal for women to earn the same or more for doing less work than males.
>>
>>54014998
> Enterprise Engineer
> Indian
God damn it.
>>
Trap/trans programmers are the obvious solution!

Seriously, it's mostly statistics and the effect of idiot tech bros whose unicorn angel investor dot-com bubble is about to burst all over again. I wouldn't want to have worked for them anyway.

Worry more about India and Odesk.
>>
>>54010474
This
>>
Fire them so they can go back where they belong.
>>
>>54012759
But main stream media and all the cucks of the world will oversimplify it and try to make out it's some kind of systemised oppression.

No wonder everyone fucking hates the media these days.
>>
>>54010271

fuck yeah time to get 5 jobs and contract random women to do my job for me

I make 6 figures for a year and get to shitpost all day
>>
most women eventually marry a man and abscond with all of his money, therefore women make more money on average then men. they invented communal property laws to close the gap.
>>
File: reeeeeee.gif (2 MB, 514x205) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.gif
2 MB, 514x205
>>54010419
>>
>>54014114
>>54014114
>>54014114
>>54014114
>>54014114
>>
>>54012804
Holy shit. Witnessed.
>>
>>54010271
Adjust for total hours worked, problem solved
>>
File: the hero cucks deserves.png (47 KB, 580x289) Image search: [Google]
the hero cucks deserves.png
47 KB, 580x289
>>54010271
Vote boiny sondar of course.
>>
File: 1372973302449.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1372973302449.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>54010271

Woman in tech need to offer special services if they want equal pay.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.