[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are japanese people still using Windows XP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12
File: xp-tan.jpg (64 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
xp-tan.jpg
64 KB, 1024x768
Why are japanese people still using Windows XP?
>>
>Because Haruhi Suzumiya uses it and she is a God.
>>
They aren't
>>
Slow adaption of new tech with the business world?
>>
>>54006706
Because Suzumiya Haruhi uses it and she is a God.
>>
File: 2ch_4038d5_5156674.png (173 KB, 1239x712) Image search: [Google]
2ch_4038d5_5156674.png
173 KB, 1239x712
>>54006706
>>
>>54006865
>>54006827
OP here
Well, Yuki Nagato used Windows 95 in the movie.
>>
File: 1400120853348.jpg (104 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1400120853348.jpg
104 KB, 480x720
>>54006706
I'm not Japanese, OP.
>>
>>54006706
Why AREN'T you still using XP?
>>
>>54006872
i remember this day well

those moon people are serious about their erogames
>>
File: xptan.jpg (43 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
xptan.jpg
43 KB, 700x700
>>
ActiveX

Many Japanese banks, government and e-commerce sites still require active x controls that only work in XP and old versions of IE
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://thestack.com/world/2016/01/13/japan-is-having-trouble-saying-goodbye-to-internet-explorer
>>
File: original.jpg (288 KB, 350x6521) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
288 KB, 350x6521
>>54007015
>>
>>54006706
Because the nail that sticks out gets hammered. Since at least one person needs to adopt Windows 7, and they'll get hammered, no japs adopt Windows 7.
>>
>>54006961
They work well with wine though, with the ones I tried at least...
>>
>>54007426
They play dx11 shit like custom maid 3d 2 now
>>
Same reason why they still use flip phones.
>>
Because literally everyone in Japan is a fucking autist.
>>
>>54007140
Back when an OS could die with dignity.

Now its successor beats it to death.
>>
>>54006706
japs are A E S T H E T I C

They still use F A X M A C H I N E S
>>
>>54006706
Because they're smarter than you.
>>
Japanese consumers don't regard tech in quite the way westerners do. They take a very utilitarian stance, treating technology as tools rather than a lifestyle or source of entertainment.

Following this line of thought, XP still serves their purposes perfectly well, especially since the Japanese web isn't consumed by gobs of Javascript, CSS3, fancy effects, etc - it's still largely as it was in 2005: mostly just HTML, a little CSS, and a touch of JS for basic interactivity.

I run the most current OSes available whenever I can but there's some wisdom to this. Much of the need to upgrade is artificially driven; aside from games and content production, the tasks we use computers for haven't changed in over a decade. Everything just got heavier. If it weren't for that many of us could be using P4s and G5s as daily driver machines without issue.
>>
>>54006706
I have noticed this too and they still use IE, they somehow don't care about certain things, even a lot of their games still uses dx9, interestingly the xbox just cannot success there.

>>54006872
funny enough i have managed to run more easily old windows software on wine than on newer versions of windows. So probably a lot of visual novels runs perfectly on linux.
>>
>>54006706
because copyright laws are actually enforced. when they dont see value in a product they just dont buy it. e.g win vista, 7, facebook, etc.
>>
The biggest windows competitor has been old windows for a while.
In an ideal world you wouldn't have an OS at all. Windows gets more and more in the way of users, so people prefer to use the version that did the least and still functions.
>>
>>54007865
>In an ideal world you wouldn't have an OS at all.
The OS should simply serve as a platform for applications; a layer that exists to makes writing software more reasonable of a task that writing on bare metal would be.
>>
>>54007696
The only legit way to send stamped and signed document electonically.

They didn't trust digital signature and scanned documents.
>>
The better question is why Japanese people use Google translate all the time for English and they don't bother to check the result. And I don't mean highschoolers doing their homework but international hotels writing pamphlets for guests etc.
>>
>>54007932
Yeah fuck Acrobat anyways and Adobe's bullshit
>>
I love Japan I wish a Japanese person would beat me up (white guy here BTW).
>>
>>54008052
>>>/jp/
>>
>>54007464
DX 11 games won't run on xp.
>>
>>54006872
They have a really good reason.
>>
>>54008080
They deleted my thread
>>
>>54006706
>Why are American people still using Windows XP?
Fixed.
>>
>>54006706
because japan is incompetent as fuck
>>
>>54007661
Win10 is like the crazy child that murders its parents in their sleep
>>
>>54009779
chStinly chinky pliz go
>>
XP MASTER RACE
>>
Old laptop, don't want to buy a new one, don't want windows 10 or any windows at all actually, and it just werks.
>>
>>54010417
its ok china, thailand, korea and other asian country's can be included
>>
Same reason they still use fax machines, snail mail for everything, ancient software, segregate boys and girls in gym class and school assemblies, have no educational metrics other than rote memorization and standardized testing, still think opening the windows in winter keeps people from getting colds, use kerosene heaters, don't use insulation in construction, check electric air conditioners for carbon monoxide emissions, don't support grounded or polarized electrical plugs, rely on air-drying all laundry, and have "professional" web design that looks like early 90's Geocities pages made by teenagers.

And that's not even getting into the real social issues. It's still trapped in the 50s socially and the 80s technologically and other than the staggering problem of literal obsession and addiction to cell phones the stagnation shows no signs of progress.
>>
>>54012651
>they still use fax machines, snail mail for everything, ancient software
I thought you were talking about the US for a second.
>>
>>54008008
Hahaha, if you think the Japanese are bad, don't even get me started on the Chinese.
>>
>>54012651

If it aint broke don't fix it.
>>
>>54006706
Because they browse the web, play eroge, watch anime all on XP. There's no reason for them to upgrade.
>>
>>54008008
paying a translator is actually expensive when you consider the gtranslate gets it sorta but not quite close enough
>>
>>54013016
The way Abe and his cronies have been warmongering I think their strategy is to get the country glassed and then wait for someone to rebuild their economy and infrastructure for free rather than modernizing of their own volition
>>
They're aesthetic and have priorities: JDM and anime.
>>
>>54007857
My Japanese friends use Facebook though?
>>
>>54008008
I can't speak for Japan, but I used to live in China and the reason they do it is for their own image. They want to appear modern and cosmopolitan so they put an English translation of something up (English is a trendy language to them). It doesn't matter if it's correct or not because nobody will know how to read it.
>>
>>54012651
>and have "professional" web design that looks like early 90's Geocities pages made by teenagers.

This shit drives me fucking nuts. The worst part is that they actually HAVE decent web designers too, I've seen some of their portfolio sites and they're on par with western stuff. My theory is that Japanese companies' web departments are all headed by decrepit old coders who see no reason to modernize, and because of their corporate culture they have the final say on everything, even though there are staffs of frustrated younger designers under them.
>>
>>54013306
Yeah, the corporate culture is so toxic here. Seniority is always superiority regardless of experience or qualifications, and the execs are still living in the Showa era but insist on calling all the shots while the recent graduates and the people with the most modern experience are assigned only menial tasks and bitchwork, and with the amakudari system these old incompetent fossils remain in circulation, totally untouchable, until they croak or one of their inevitable scandals goes public.
>>
>>54013306
If "modernizing" means jupiter-sized sites connecting to 50 CDNs to load 800lbs of Javascript and images, I'm not so sure that not modernizing is a bad thing. It's nice when a site loads in milliseconds and stops moving around and doing shit as soon as loading is finished.
>>
only on 4chan
>>54007140
got teary-eyed over this incredibly impersonal and cliche thing
>>54007661
>>54010006
laughed, while teary-eyed
>>
>>54007812
This this this
>>
Because windows updates only make things worse except for the drooling retards targeted by the "user experience" crowd

>wow, cached tearing free slide out hamburger menus, i'm sold
>>
File: 1459010860522.gif (1 MB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1459010860522.gif
1 MB, 500x377
cuz they is vaporwave
>>
>>54014100

I can't even be bothered to shitpost on 2chan because the site is so archaic. It's a visual clusterfuck and there's STILL no support for inline image expansion or any other kind of usability enhancement like 4chan has had for years. Also people still post tiny fucking supercompressed garbage like it's 1994 or something.

Even the Japanese version of Wikipedia is a huge mess. The vast majority of articles are massively disorganized and don't even have a single image. What is this, the dark ages?
>>
>>54013306
that shit drives me fucking happy

the web is information. when designers get the first say, information loses priority and is superceded by experience. presentation of information becomes presentation with information on the side. it's a fucking art show. i've seen sites that are literally half fixed navigation with about five lines of text (no more than three words a line), as if that's not bad enough with the widely spaced 60pt text that makes up the actual content. why? "design"

>its in mah portfolio, aren't i hip!?

the only people who like that shit are retarded ameriniggers, SJWs who like looking at blogs and claiming to read high minded internet ramblings more than actually reading them, and blind old farts who don't know how to force fonts to be bigger in their web browser
>>
>>54013306
there are no decent web designers

web designers are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>54014100
Nah, there are plenty of modern sites that run quickly and put light loads on the system, it's more about organization and visual style. Japanese sites tend to be really cluttered and disorganized, to the point that they actually still have to put site maps on their pages.

One of my biggest pet peeves in UX design is when there isn't a proper central hub from which to access all of the settings or features of a site. Doing this isn't limited to Japan by any means, Facebook was guilty of it until recently and Microsoft still does it with the 360 and xbone, but it's way more common on Japanese sites than anywhere else I've seen. I fucking hate when I have to dig through 5 different menus to find a universal setting.
>>
>>54014360
Inline image expansion, quick reply, and automatic updates ruined 4chan by devaluing posts and post content. Everything is so fucking quick, disposable, and effortless that people don't even fucking care.

Did you know that there was a time when you couldn't use reaction images with any frequency even on shit boards like /a/ without being told to fuck off? Did you know >mfw >yfw >tfw posts used to be sent back to /b/ and /v/? Refreshing was a pain. Opening images was a pain. So, if you didn't make good posts and post good images, you got told to GET OFF MY FUCKING BOARD. That wasn't even that long ago. And then aerosmyth and mayhamplanet ruined. fucking. everything. and turned 4chan into a chatroom. It literally functions like a fucking chatroom, not an imageboard, not a forum. A fucking chatroom. Everyone install textual/erc+erc-image.el or some other client with media inlining and go find an anonymous server configured for anonymous chat, that makes excerpts from channels visible in an index of those channels. Sound familiar? It's 4chan today.

It's no surprise that desktop threads went from appearing once a week to being made seven times a day, in duplicates.

>>54014411
People with high IQs (typical japanese) are better at assimilating large amounts of visual information than people with low IQs (you)
>>
>>54014381
>>54014400
You've clearly never worked with competent UX people, then. Their entire job is to make the information on a website or device quick, easy and natural to access, and clear to read and understand. State college grad web designers are fucking hacks, but if you don't have GOOD designers and UX people and let coders design shit, it all ends up like Linux and becomes totally incomprehensible to the average end user.

>>54014444
Large amounts of visual information, my ass. I'm talking about the fact that Japanese sites have no rhyme or reason in their layouts, and the fact that their page and menu structures are obviously designed around the way things work on the back end and don't make logical sense from the user end.
>>
>>54014488
I've never had a problem with it. Are you sure you're not an idiot?

"UX" is the new "accessibility"
>>
>>54014444
I can't take you seriously if you actually think things that make for a more streamlined and enjoyable experience made 4chan so shitty.

It's a problem of the massively larger userbase, idiot. You "muh secret club" morons act like oldfags never shitposted. Take off the goggles, it's been shitty since it began and there have nearly always been scripts to add in that kind of functionality before it was officially integrated. There are 7 desktop threads because there are 7 times as many users and people STILL don't have anything better to do than circlejerk all day long. At least now the boards are faster and outside of /g/ the content is way more varied than it was years ago.
>>
>>54013016
>never try to improve things
no
>>
>>54014518
Your preconceptions have completely blinded you to what I'm saying

Even if the userbase didn't change by a single person, 4chan would still be what it is today because the way. the. site. worked. changed. and. user. attitudes. naturally. changed. with. that.

idiot.
>>
>>54014508
I may be an idiot, but I'm not stupid. I hate the whole IQ thing, but since it was brought up, I was tested professionally as a child and found to be well above average.

Really, though, there's a difference between "can I use it?" and "is it optimal?" Sure, I can make my way around Japanese sites, but they're still clunky as hell.

I think you're looking at the whole concept of UX too narrowly, too. The idea of a dedicated UX designer is new, but UX itself is anything but, and pretty much every way in which we interact with computers is in some way the result of people working toward UX goals. We'd be posting and reading this in binary if it weren't for that.
>>
>>54014571
>We'd be posting and reading this in binary if it weren't for that.
Yep, you're a tard.
>>
>>54014571
>i was tested as a child
Get tested again. You're probably barely above average by now, 110 at best.

>We'd be posting and reading this in binary
We'd be posting and reading this in web 1.0. All ASCII, no animations, no embedded video, no scripts, final destination.
>>
>>54014650
How's that retarded? Even the most basic programming languages were created for the express purpose of making things easier and more intuitive to work with.

>>54014667
I think even web 1.0 isn't going far enough, I'd say it'd be more like an old-school BBS, and we'd have to interact with it through text commands.

And yeah, god only knows what my IQ looks like nowdays, especially after 12+ years of 4chan have rotted my brain. For what it's worth, though, I was kept in my last job explicitly for my ability to quickly accumulate and process data and apply it to our projects, so maybe I haven't totally gone full retard.
>>
>>54014542
And what do you have to back that up other than YOUR preconceptions?
>>
The same reason why those japs are still using a fucking flip phone.
>>
>>54007140
not like this famalam
>>
>>54014400
Wisdom.
>>
>>54007696
>>54006706
>>54007117
Oh dear lord, is glorious nippon really like this? The land of electric toilets and bullet trains is still stuck in the era of windows XP and fax machines?

At the very least I can understand fax machines, but a whole nation of net connected XP boxes? Shit man, that's like a huge security risk to the rest of the net.
>>
>>54014400
Man, I think I get where you're coming from, as a professional writer who feels the same way about editors.

It's a necessary evil, though, because most shit coders do when making websites only makes sense in their own heads, just as the shit I write needs to be tweaked by editors so the plebs of the world won't throw a shitfit over it.
>>
>>54007812
>japs dont use technology for entertainment
baka gaijin
>>
>>54006855
oh yes they are
>go to any starbucks
>1 in 5 computers are macbooks
>4 in 5 computers are windows xp laptops, mostly the same ~13 inch fujitsu model that looks like thinkpad
yfw the same thing is happening now in the west because people are only upgrading their phones, not their computers
it's more okay now because everyone has win 10 and it's a rolling-release distro
>>
>>54015023
>yfw the same thing is happening now in the west because people are only upgrading their phones, not their computers
Maybe this will pull the reigns on css/jquery animation fags who don't know how to use a profiler.
>>
File: 1456543709587.gif (696 KB, 242x191) Image search: [Google]
1456543709587.gif
696 KB, 242x191
>>54014962
So here's my school district's "security policy" here in central Japan.

Unauthorized USB devices are prohibited for "virus/privacy protection" reasons, claiming it's so you don't download personal information of students, WHICH IS POSTED IN HARD COPIES ALL OVER THE STAFF ROOM. Anyway, read/write via optical disc is totally unrestricted, making the justification completely pointless.

Passwords are just the last 2 numbers of computer usernames, and on top of this, the real kicker: the network is set up to completely lock down all the systems on the network if an unauthorized USB stick is detected, requiring district IT to bumble over and reset it.

Yes, in the name of "security" they have configured the network so any idiot with a rogue USB can instantly and easily bring it down. Of course it's not a problem with the students because very few of them actually have computers at home now that cell phones have taken over and they rarely have the opportunity to use the computer lab, which I'm reasonably sure is isolated from the network anyway.

Also it's a huge pain in the ass for people like me who have to make a lot of materials across multiple schools, and the administrators tell us we're "not authorized by the district" to be issued school computers. Fuck you, Japan.
>>
>>54015104
That's hilarious. I'd have screwed the district so many times. We fucked with EVERYTHING on the network in highschool.
>>
>>54015144
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted on a regular basis, but being Japan they're practically itching to fire me, revoke my visa, and deport me for the crime of being foreign...
>>
>>54015104
Holy shit. That's amazing. Are these computers connected to the internet?
>>
>>54014962
Another ridiculous trend catching on here involves the ever-present car navigation.

Because these pongoids don't have any kind of coherent address/map grid/street name system and roads were all apparently designed in the drug tent at Burning Man it's impossible to get anywhere without GPS. So it's been a standard feature in cars for years now.

Except it's slow and inaccurate, and they use the chinkest resistive touchscreens from China's finest crap factories so it's nearly impossible to successfully type in anything without making a million mistakes. Some idiot thought this was a road safety hazard, and while I don't doubt that, came up with a very Japanese solution. Instead of improving the screen quality to make it fast and easy, or perhaps adding voice control, or a UI that wasn't designed by a 70 year old luddite, they made it so it locks down all GPS control while the car is in motion. So now you have to stop the fucking car just to enter anything. They don't take into account that passengers, y'know, EXIST. Insult to injury, all these navis have a built-in TV without such restrictions, so you get these idiots driving around watching their damn TV with one eye and playing with their phone with their other eye. Because fuck critical thinking and problem analysis!

>>54015211
Yes. And all running outdated versions of IE, and one can't install windows updates or new browsers without admin access.
>>
>>54015257
BRB, writing some stuxnet style malware that spreads via optical disks.
>>
>>54015257
I found the same thing last time I had a rental car in Japan. (Never again, by the way. Driving there is fucking terrifying, especially as a native of an LHD country.)

But for what it's worth, almost every car in the US locks you out of the Nav while the car is in motion too.

Also, in typical Japanese fashion, they've actually REGRESSED in terms of Nav system design over the last few years. My parents got the 2G Prius when it first came out in '03, and that system was excellent, really clear, readable, and intuitive. The one in their current '14 Prius is absolutely horrible, and somehow my old '09 Civic Si's is even worse. I've driven a number of other new-ish Japanese cars and they've all been pretty bad too. Meanwhile, the system in my current '14 Ford is great, and the '15 BMW M3 I used to drive at my old job was incredible.

I have to go back to that Honda system just to point out how much of a disorganized clusterfuck it was, too. For one, Bluetooth ran through the system and you could look up numbers and dial calls through it, but you could only configure a phone though a "hidden" voice command menu that was absolutely terrible. The nav database was the worst I've ever seen, and trying to look up nearby stuff was insane, especially when it was a large chain. I remember trying to find a Costco once, and it involved going through at least 20 different sets of listings, because they'd all been filed slightly differently (one would be under "grocery store," three more under "grocery and gas," more under "discount stores," and so on) and the system was insanely slow.
>>
>>54014962
Just block ActiveX on your shit
>>
>>54015398
I feel you, my girlfriend had a Nissan Note and the GPS was glacially slow but at least serviceable and didn't care if the car was moving or not. Now she's got a newer Prius and the GPS is such a mess. It can't even sort searches by proximity and will happily give results on the other side of the damn country. To narrow down the search you have to enter the prefecture, then the city, then the ward, then the neighborhood. Like anyone knows ALL of that if they're searching for something...
>>
File: 1438218838759.gif (1 MB, 460x570) Image search: [Google]
1438218838759.gif
1 MB, 460x570
>>54006872
>not using wine for eroge
It works for every single one of them.
>>
>>54006706
The same reason why their porn is still censored.
>>
>>54012651
Pixiv has great webdesign
>>
>>54007932
Kek
>be me
>be working in logistic company
>be dealing with jap clients
>the only people who asked custom clearence via fax (everybody else is fine with email attachment)
>>
>>54015104
Christ I didn't know japs were so tech illiterate, kids always have some sort of computer to dick around on in america though phones are taking over.
>>
>>54015257
>ultra shit chink tablets
this explains the wii u tablet

japs shouldn't mess with this sort of tech
>>
>>54015398
>93 mazda mx-5 with casette to aux to phone
best hands free nav, phone, sms and general entertainment system I've owned in a car
>>
It's a cultural thing, japanese are incredibly slow to adapt to anything. Case in point they still use fax machines
>>
>>54007464
Theres a sequel?
>>
>>54006706
The majority of web technologies are really basic text html and video player embeds there. All new software things are app based from smartphones, and smartphone users are the only ones that view any modern webpages.

All of the software is made for compatibility so that everyone can use it -- same reason why Word 2013 had XP dialog boxes in thumbnail previews.

All the businesses that use computers use XP for their made-to-spec programs for shit like computer cash registers and ordering menus because they have no reason to change what works really efficiently.

They dont care about health, only public image, so no fitness wearables, and they consume more media by not having to navigate shitty websites and interfaces which fits their always on society.
>>
>>54018652
That's a cautionary thing, and also their fax machines are the equivalent of high quality printers. They print at really high DPI, way more efficiently than old western fax machines.

Also, their language kind of inhibits things if a paper miscopies from a scan. They recognize that everyone is using a potentially infected computer so e-signature things really are unsafe, especially since their signing is really sensitive with family seals and shit. It's not like America, where signing a receipt is just security theatre, over there a signature is both contractually binding and a SOI for business transactions.
>>
>>54013306
>and because of their corporate culture they have the final say on everything, even though there are staffs of frustrated younger designers under them.

Good. The west needs to adapt to Japanese standards. Stop trying to imply that loading 800lbs of JS is a good thing. That shit is heavy as fuck and moves everywhere.
I want websites to return to the 80s/90s era of static pages before google was out. Everything loaded super fast and there were no bottlenecks. The web these days are shit because of people like you who use useless shit for none other than the sake of using it and placing precedence on the interface over the actual content. Those jap elders were wise not to adopt.
>>
>>54014843
Japanese written language makes flip phones really convenient. They can easily write about 400 "words" per minute, and that's just being slow.

A speed texter was clocked at the equivalent of 3000 words per minute.

Also, the population is split now. Smartphones are 50-66% of the country's daily driver.
>>
Because they use ActiveX for crucial government websites.
>>
>>54019114
You can't get a global UX design with static pages. You should probably learn about vexillology, since their core design principles are all about making things legible at all circumstances.
>>
>>54014360
>The vast majority of articles are massively disorganized and don't even have a single image. What is this, the dark ages?

Translation
>Waaah the bastion of complex knowledge collected by all of humanity isn't a simple picturebook and I'm crying about it because I'm still mentally a child

Go cry somewhere else.
>>
>>54016316
>It works for every single one of them.
No it doesn't, newfag.
>>
>>54015398
>needing a GPS to get around in Japan
Never had this problem. You sound like an American. Americans typically can't drive or navigate for shit.
>>
>>54014518
>There are 7 desktop threads because there are 7 times as many users

This logic would only work if the quality/shitpost ratio remained constent. But it hasn't. it went down. We have 7 times the amount of shitposts and about half of the quality as before. To that I say: fuck you.
>>
>>54014360
>It's a visual clusterfuck and there's STILL no support for inline image expansion or any other kind of usability enhancement like 4chan has had for years
Good.
It's keeps trash like you out. Both 2ch and 2chan are perfectly simple to navigate and use.
>Also people still post tiny fucking supercompressed garbage like it's 1994 or something.
You mean they aren't obnoxious retards who post stupidly large images as though it was a fucking raw photograph? Maybe some of the morons here could take note: learn to use your words for communication instead of shitposting with oversized reaction images like an austistic fuck.

>Even the Japanese version of Wikipedia is a huge mess
This is wrong.
>The vast majority of articles are massively disorganized
This is also wrong.
>and don't even have a single image
What, you can't fucking read? Need a picture book?
>What is this, the dark ages?
Learn to read you dumb nigger.

You are exact sort of lowest common denominator pleb that should never have been allowed to use the Internet.
>>
>>54019351
>As long as something isn't complete shit it shouldn't ever be improved
Did you post this from dial up?
>>
>>54019200
>You can't get a global UX design with static pages.

A good design has no need for a centralized design. You should learn about design patterns, modularity, and decouple methodologies. A global access center is the hallmark of bad design.
>>
>>54019351
Nice argument
>>
I just wrote some accounting shit for my parents firm, meant to work on XP machines that I remember from highschool, as in, I remember when they bought them since I used to play on the ones that weren't being used.
They never replaced them, and the low level employees at the front desk are stuck forever with XP machines.
>>
because like gaming, japanese dont do anything new.
>>
>>54019797

#BURNWARNING
>>
>>54014667
>>54014749
Can someone link some Japanese sites? I'm curious how they look.
>>
>>54019310
Yeah, tell me more about how you took the trains and subways to all the tourist traps.
>>
>>54014962
You fucking cocksucker, every time some faggot brings up japan and fax machines, there is some fucking cocksucker like you asking the same fucking question for the 10000th time "hurr durr i thought japan was technologically superior! durr!". The same fucking post, just fucking die already. I don't know how much of a fucking new shitstain you have to be not to know this shit's been discussed to hell and back more than a few thousand times already. Did you find this website like a day ago? Please kill yourself, do the world a favor.
>>
>>54019927
>>54019927
>go to google jp
>type whatever shit on your mind
>press enter
>limit the search to country:japan

Most of the time, it looks like a nicer old tripod sites
>>
>>54007140
Wtf, this made me really sad.
>>
>>54019927
Do you also need your ass wiped? Fuck off.
>>
>>54019276
Actually, it does!

http://fglt.nl/guides/visual-novels-on-gnu-linux.html
>>
>>54020093
>>54020108
I know your moms have cancer, but you don't have to act like cancer yourself.
i don't see the problem with some of the sites I visited. Maybe ya'll need to show better examples, or stop being fucking cry-babies about shit.
>>
>>54020204
The fuck youre talking about? You ask for a link, and instead of a thank you, you said shit about people's mother
>>
Jesus, I haven't seen a literal weeaboo in a long time.

I hope this is elaborate trolling.
>>
>>54012651
>and have "professional" web design that looks like early 90's Geocities pages made by teenagers.
And that's supposed to be worse than modern bloated javashit monstrosities?
>>
File: 1438422039996.png (491 KB, 771x678) Image search: [Google]
1438422039996.png
491 KB, 771x678
>>54010006
>>
>>54020075
Japan is a fucking first world country, I at least expected them to be on par with the rest of the world. Shit I don't think even the europoors are this bad.
>>
>>54006872
You made my day anon, love you.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>>54007140
Damn man I don't need this
>>
>>54007696
I've never understood the complaining about fax machines in Japan. I've dealt with purchasing guns on the internet in the US and it isn't uncommon for federally licensed gun dealers to send their information to each other by fax (necessary before they can ship the gun). Are fax machines that uncommon elsewhere?
>>
>>54015104
>Of course it's not a problem with the students because very few of them actually have computers at home now that cell phones have taken over
This has to be bullshit, I refuse to believe that the average Jap kid does all their web browsing from a shitty smart phone. Hell I bought a damn old netbook because I just couldn't take how shitty web browsing on a smart phone was anymore.
>>
>>54020204
Please die.
>>
>>54007140
Right in the kokoro
>feels, so much feels
>>
>>54021785
Even most American kids browse internet almost exclusively from their phones and Japan has an even more obsessive mobile phone culture than the west. People who prefer using PCs for internet are becoming the minority.
>>
>>54021785
Casual browsing bro(pixiv, sns ,niconico, jap 4chan equivalent).
>>
>>54022456
>Even most American kids browse internet almost exclusively from their phones
>People who prefer using PCs for internet are becoming the minority.
I don't believe this. There's no way there are more people who would prefer doing shit from their phone.

>>54023007
>jap 4chan equivalent
If the experience is anything like shitposting on 4chan from a smartphone then it's shit and feels like a chore. That's one of the main things that pushed me to get that netbook.
>>
>>54023121
Probably just counting the people who use facebook,twitter,instagram,etc on their phones while out and about. I doubt its actually preferred over PC browsing
>>
>>54007140
Who's the father?
>>
>>54006706
literally because why not
>>
>>54006706
to play old titty games
>>
File: 囮.png (94 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
囮.png
94 KB, 625x626
>>54019351
>>
>>54019310
>as a native of a LHD country
>american
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.