[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want a phone with stock Android, a nice keyboard, and good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_06491.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_06491.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
I want a phone with stock Android, a nice keyboard, and good battery life. Would the Priv be a mistake?
>>
>>53937531
meh battery life
>>
You can get all these features on $200 or less android phones but if you want those features and want to look "rich" then by all means go blow $600 or whatever the priv costs. Just steer clear of iPhones as people will think you're gay if you own one.
>>
>>53937531
Considering your life is a mistake, and choice you make will be one also.
>>
>>53937531
Yes, the mistake is that you want a Lagdroid phone
>>
>>53937531
If you can afford it, the Priv is the best choice.
>>
>>53937659

I hate when people reply like this but never give examples. How about naming these phones that fit his specifications?
>>
>>53938277
I can think of two of the top of my head, zte warp elite and samsung galaxy s4. Though the s4 has a smaller battery you can easily fit bigger zero lemon batteries on it.
>>
>>53938736
neither have that keyboard thingy OP likes
>>
Priv gets updates at least 6 months behind Nexus devices. If you're okay with lagging behind on updates and really need a physical keyboard it's really your only option.

Personally I can't stand being left behind on new features like Doze. Android N will bring doze even when you're moving, massively increasing standby time. Priv users can look forward to getting it in May 2017 (if Blackberry still exists or is even still supporting the Priv) while I'll be enjoying it in October. Hell I could install a preview version right now.
>>
>>53938760
OP never said a physical keyboard. A physical keyboard is inferior anyway, it slows your typing speed and causes faster thumb strain due to you having to press down on each individual key.
>>
>>53938826
fuck you you pedantic fool
>>
Is the priv open yet?
Are custom roms available or is it some locked bootloader horseshit.
>>
>>53938826
You're a special kind of retard aren't you?
>>
>>53938844
don't use words you don't understand
>>
>>53938931
do u kno tht OP ask for nice keybord, every android smarth phone has tuch screen with customizable keyboard, so he obviously dint mean that
>>
>>53938925
I've owned phones with physical keyboards before and I can confirm they are 100% authentic memes. Now I reach up to 50WPM on my touchscreen keyboard (Galaxy S5) and I can type longer before my thumbs start to hurt. I'm not even using that swype gay shit, I'm literally touch typing with my two thumbs.
>>
>>53939102
anyone over 18 definitely has, I sense underage, get off 4chan
>>
>>53938909
Completely locked down and will likely never get a bootloader unlock because Blackberry likes to posture itself as an enterprise solution company that takes security very seriously.

Here's one of their blog posts saying why they don't want you to actually own your device and instead only get to do what they let you do:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/how-and-why-the-priv-protects-against-rooting/
>>
File: 1460032223990.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460032223990.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>53937531

I still use my N900 outside of work for fun.
>>
>>53939134
Welp, Fucking Dropped.
If i cant put an as-close-to-asop rom on it then its not worth having.

Thanks anon, il take my shekels elsewhere.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.