[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: QuickMemo+_2016-03-30-08-36-53.png (154 KB, 719x319) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2016-03-30-08-36-53.png
154 KB, 719x319
I don't understand this software development shit.
How the fuck does one go around making a marketable program?
I mean, how do you make the front-end of the program interact with the back-end? Everything I've learned is only used in the Command Prompt. Just logic.

Where do I go from here, /g/?
>>
Think of an idea (website, app, script, software)

Learn the language for it and it's API.

Program.
>>
>>53929261
That doesn't really answer my question though.

I understand it's important to learn the language of what I'm trying to build, but how do you piece it together?
>>
>>53929300

Get an IDE for your language. What language do you know?
>>
>>53929328
Ruby, C++, PHP

I'm saying how do I make the front-end and link together. Idgi
>>
>>53929201
>front-end of the program interact with the back-end
What is HTTP
>>
>>53929359
That's what I've been asking you fucking nigger.
Now how do I link them together. And in cases of desktop/mobile applications, do I still use HTTP or?
>>
>>53929377
just download the required npm packages
>>
shit son.
start small and then iterate making stuff bigger and better.
1st - what are you after? command line util? windows application, phone app? or web site?
>>
>>53929300
You use Apache to route urls to files, and use bash scripts to change the files per-user.
>>
>>53929385
fuck node.
>>
>>53929487
I'm not completely sure what I'm after. What I really want to know is how to make things work (link it), and I think >>53929507 just answered that. Thank you.

But let's give a case that I'm looking to build all three, website, Windows app, and phone app. How do I go on about them all?

Well, what I'm MOST interested in is website. So if you can elaborate most on that.
Oh, is Ruby helpful in any way for Web Development? I've heard it is, but how do I implement it?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.