[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/0nS-HQ1PKMQ?t=3m25 s >"a resistor's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
https://youtu.be/0nS-HQ1PKMQ?t=3m25s

>"a resistor's function is so that you have less current on the other side of the resistor than you do on the starting side of the resistor"

>"over here you have 3.42 volts on this side, now on the other side of the resistor, there's still gonna be 3.42 volts..."

what do /g/ see in this guy again?
>>
Literally who

I could see the confusion in the former statement, since "current limiting resistors" are very common, but the latter is pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>53928361
I thought /g/ liked this guy, idk
>>
electrical circuits are fucking magic the way theyre taught tho
>>
>>53928423
Its a MEME you dip
>>
>>53929054
Even high school physics teaches voltage drop you fuck
>>
>>53928423
Nope, he just shills himself on here constantly.
>>
Oh hush, he's completely self–taught.
He knows what he's doing.
>>
>>53930825
hi louis ;)
>>
So what does a resistor actually do?
>>
>>53928423
We like talking shit about him, because he's an easy target.
>>
>>53930948
Nigga I wish.
>>
>>53931035
Pretty much the inverse of what he said.

They current is the same on both sides of the resistor, and they lower voltage.
They don't reduce current, they just restrict it.
>>
>>53930761
my high school taught zero electronics

still know that's retarded though
>>
But there literally is, isn't there?
You think apple fucked up their schematic?
>>
>>53931116
No, it's not right to say they "reduce voltage." They do, but if you correctly balance the resistor to the current draw of the circuit the voltage should stay consistent.

Ultimately EE is too complicated to describe accurately in a post. What Louis said isn't accurate, it's even misleading, but it's a useful way to describe it for practical purposes. It's "lies to children." But if you ever plan on doing real EE you'll need all these convenient half truths beaten out of you.
>>
Only thing I remember from this guy is the video where he pointed out PCs shouldn't try to be macs with the trackpad thing.

He was right though. I know you sort of have to cater to normies but I would choose to just remove the trackpad altogether on thinkpads.
>>
>>53928342
Hes alright but I've seen him posted too often now, it's time to stop Louis.
>>
>>53931270
I should've said it's time to stop, Louis. My grade 9 English teacher would be upset
>>
>>53928342
>what do /g/ see in this guy again?
A guy who repairs electronics successfully and has hands down experience with hardware compared to a faggot OP who only know how to theorize a repair, but can't do it for shit?
>>
>>53931270
How do we stop him?
>>
>>53931290
:v)
>>
>>53931231
>But if you ever plan on doing real EE
>if you ever plan on doing
But that's all you do anon, you plan on doing. But you don't do shit. And because you don't do shit, but Louis does, one can only call you a pseudo-intellectual fedorafaggot.

>oh look at me, i have memorized all theories on boxing, now i am a pro boxer and am ready to fight with Tyson
Nah faggot.
>>
>>53931323
>But that's all you do anon, you plan on doing
Literal projection
>>
>>53931298
Well he specializes on Aplel products. Remove the macfags and problem solved.
>>
>>53931231
Non-EE here.
No idea if it's correct but I always thought of high impedance pins as very large resistors connected to ground, so a resistor connected to it would have pretty much the same voltage on both sides, according to the voltage divider formula: V1 = (R2/(R1+R2))*V ~= V for R2 >> R1
>>
>>53931342
I can't project something that isn't even my field of work anon. You should stop smoking, it's killing your already small brain.

It's pretty fucking obvious you are one of those faggots who tell everyone that they "know" how to fix shit, or how to do something, and the theories behind it, but when the question arises of how many boards you repaired or how much practical application you did, your mouth is tighter than a dog's ass.

You are plain and simple, a fedorafaggot.
>>
>>53931368
>something that isn't even my field of work anon
Yeah, it shows
I do shit batty boi suck ur mum and die
>>
>>53931414
>I do shit
Prove it. And i don't mean the gay sex doing of shit, that i already know you do,
but doing repair. Come on faggot. I, your father, am waiting.
>>
>>53931323
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was defending Louis' approach and giving him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>53931427
I'm not even the guy you were replying to, I'm pointing out that EE is the field where you HAVE to get autistic with all the theory before you can do any high level shit. It doesnt really matter though, I can tell from your overally aggressive approach and the fact you compared boxing to EE that you're a massive retard. If you have to know what I've done though, I'm an EE student that's and have done more labs and projects than you've had hot dinners.
>>
>>53931618
>I'm pointing out that EE is the field where you HAVE to get autistic with all the theory before you can do any high level shit.

>as spoken by a faggot who has never done any real shit to know what real shit even is
KEK

>I'm an EE student
It shows. You only know how to speak shit, but when it comes to doing shit, it boggles down to assinine "lab projects" that your teachers do and you only imagine yourself as doing since nobody will waste materials on a retard who only knows how to spout theory.

Go back to your homework son.
>>
File: 1314971453291.png (133 KB, 361x358) Image search: [Google]
1314971453291.png
133 KB, 361x358
>>53928342
>what do /g/ see in this guy again?

A guy who learned how to repair electronics and set up varying communication, networking, and security systems, with self-taught methods and by evolving his diagnostic and logical skills;
whereas faggots like yourself need to spend half a decade in Uni while wasting thousands, only to end up with your reading skills trained but your diagnostic and logical skills comatose and in a position where you still can't repair shit after you have graduated, nor with the capability to set up networking, security, and communication systems as this isn't taught in your field.

Next stupid question please.
>>
>>53931856
>learned how to repair electronics and set up varying communication, networking, and security systems, with self-taught methods and by evolving his diagnostic and logical skills
So basically he's unemployable since his security, communication, and networking practices are fucked up and nonstandard?
>>
File: mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg (56 KB, 550x545) Image search: [Google]
mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg
56 KB, 550x545
>>53931856
Not even butthurt my man
>>
>>53930825
>>53931290
>>53931323
>>53931368
>>53931427
>>53931755
>>53931856
Louis, please. Your samefagging is embarrassing.
>>
>>53928342
There's a short in the board you fucking moron. He *fixes* broken shit you stupid gscum weasel.
>>
>>53935318
Okay.

The way he explains resistors is still incorrect.

You fucking moron.
>>
>>53931353
Nope. Google calculating voltage drops and it'll help you out. For what you're talking about, if you connected the input of an op-amp to the ground side of that resistor, then it would always register zero no matter the voltage on the other end of it.
>>
>>53935672
low, not zero. bleh
>>
>>53935672

He's right, though. The reason it's called a 'high-impedance input' is because it can be modelled as a big (meg-ohm+) resistor to ground. If you then connect that input to a voltage source via a comparatively small resistor, the voltage at the input node will be approximately equal to the source voltage.
>>
He clearly stated that he doesn't know any University level terminology or definitions,
and that he operates based on what he experienced as he learned by fixing boards.
I see a guy who isn't afraid to admit what he knows and what he doesn't know, and who proves himself with action rather than words.

I don't see what you are being Assperger about OP. If you have a superiority complex, then repair as many devices and boards as he did in his life to prove your superiority.
>>
>>53928342
Based Jew York man blows Apple the fuck out
>>
File: image.png (657 B, 84x49) Image search: [Google]
image.png
657 B, 84x49
>>53928342
>"a resistor's function is so that you have less current on the other side of the resistor than you do on the starting side of the resistor"

What even is KCL amirite?
>>
>>53937041
Fucking kill me I posted KVL I'm retarded
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.