[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sick of buying compressed air cans. Are these electronic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 41oNE2XwwwL.jpg (25 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
41oNE2XwwwL.jpg
25 KB, 500x485
I'm sick of buying compressed air cans.

Are these electronic blowers any good?
>>
>ever cleaning your computer case
>>
>>53928293
Why wouldnt they be
>>
those electronic blowers are pretty good if you enjoy fried caps from all the static built up.
>>
>>53928293

i bought this, works pretty good. get a small brush to get caked dust off too and you'll be gold.
>>
I have this exact model
it works great, can't even hear a thing after using it
>>
File: air-compressors.jpg (112 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
air-compressors.jpg
112 KB, 424x283
I use the air compressor in my garage. Works great.
>>
I have pic related, can't complain
>>
>>53928578
Lmfao
>>
>>53928293
Just use a vacuum or a leaf blower.
>>
>>53928781
Pls wait before turning on your PC. Otherwise the condensed water from the air comprimation could fry your Shitposting Machine
>>
I have this same model. Scares the shit out of the cat. 10/10 would buy again
>>
>>53928293
I bought that exact one. Louder than I thought but definitely saving me $$$
>>
>>53929244
>inline water filter
>>
>>53928347

They're static free.
>>
>>53928347
So what distance can static "jump" to your components? I use a 600w Makita leaf blower at like 1/5th power on all my electronics, its so powerful you can stand 1.5m away
>>
they're okay but really all you need to do is bring the computer outside on a day with a breeze and sweep everything with a small paint brush
>>
>>53929244
>not having a water trap on your regulator as well as an in-line trap on top of your hose

nigga i can tell you don't airbrush or do anything that requires any sort of precision
>>
>>53930182
Rule of thumb is 1cm for 1kV
>>
>>53930862
Sorry, typo. 10kV
>>
I have one, best purchase I've made. It's been 2 years and it's still going. I've saved so much money. I sometimes even use it to clean or dry things.
>>
>>53928293
Use a hair dryer that can blow cold air
>>
use a compressor they are much more powerful
>>
>>53931112
Too powerful.
>>
>>53928293
i just use a large-ish paintbrish and hold a vacuum cleaner nearby.

people think computer hardware is fragile as fuck.
>>
>>53928578
I wear earplugs every time I have to use it. Its about 90db of noise
>>
>>53932472
nonsense i've used them to clean out computers many many times on many computers with no issues.
>>
>>53932472
We use an air compressor at my work for dusting out computers. It's on like 5psi pretty low.

Then again I work at MeekSquad so we'll probably end up fucking up your computer anyways.
>>
>>53929293
Same but my dog
>>
>>53928293
Well, you cant get high off them.
>>
I have the OP model. It works for general dusting, but I still end up using cans for the smaller bits that need hard, focused blasts.

It does cut down on my can use drastically, though.
>>
Repair tech here, i love our datavac

get tthe ESD safe one.
>>
>>53928293
I have one and used it twice. Works good but two issues. One you have to do it outside because of all the dust and noise. Two it smells like oil and though the smell fades over time, it still should be placed in an area where you don't have to smell it.
>>
>>53928347
>>53929244

Lots of autistic BS right there, Hardware components aren't iron ingots of course but they also aren't meant to be used in clean rooms.

I used a compressor like this >>53928781 since my first system with a fucking Pentium I 100Mhz twice to three times a year and trust me, the only problem you can get from using a regular air compressor is if you have a failing fan it could begin rattling at the next system boot.
>>
Remember to keep your fan blades still while blasting them. It's possible to have them spin so fast under the force of compressed air that they damage themselves.
>>
>>53928293

I have that duster. It's really good, my only complaint is an ozone smell it emits.

I stand a foot or two away from my PC when I'm dusting because I'm paranoid about static, and the duster is still powerful enough to reach everything
>>
>>53928293
Get a hand vac with a blower.
>>
>>53930019
As someone who looked into these, they actually aren't. That's why I didn't pull the trigger. The static free version is like twice as much and I think it was all black.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.