[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are webshits so autismal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: RIGHT-CLICK-NOT-ALLOWED.jpg (12 KB, 374x157) Image search: [Google]
RIGHT-CLICK-NOT-ALLOWED.jpg
12 KB, 374x157
Why are webshits so autismal?
>>
It's probably to prevent you from copying things, but you can easily bypass it with the right click button on your keyboard.
>>
>>53929168
Or view-source:
>>
Or shift-rightclick
>>
or disabling javascript...
>>
>>53929168
He asked why they're autismal not how.
>>
>>53930873
unless the content is delivered via javascript which would include anything from XHR
>>
>>53927787
You aren't browsing with your keyboard.
>>
>>53927787
What retarded site is this from?
>>
This will stop 80% of the shiteating mouthbreather normies which is why they bother doing it.

Of course it's useless against anyone that knows what they're doing.
>>
>Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs
Done.
>>
>>53927787
http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/30096
>>
Wait, people still do this? I thought people stopped doing this after the 90's
>>
File: 1455093117517.jpg (38 KB, 476x328) Image search: [Google]
1455093117517.jpg
38 KB, 476x328
>>53933333
nicely done
>>
boss: i don't want users copying my website content
some indian: but its not possible unless using some hacking
boss: it is. i've seen in on some site. i don't care about anything else. do it now.
thankfully boss doesn't know any ways of copying but right click + copy
the employee doesn't know english very well or rules, but he could work for minimum wage
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 363x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 363x327
>>53933333
>>
>images embedded in a light box where they can't be right clicked to easily save or send the link to someone else
>have to dig through the source to find the url
>have to modify the url just to get the original file and not a downsized version
This is hell.
>>
File: example.webm (664 KB, 804x731) Image search: [Google]
example.webm
664 KB, 804x731
>>53933991
There are much easier methods.
>>
>>53934045
>hundred images embedded in a page
>have to scroll down significantly until you find the right one
>sometimes the full file isn't even loaded in the page until the light box is open so it wouldn't be in the list
>inspect element almost always goes directly adjacent to where you need to look
That's not easier.
>>
>>53934045
That gets you the thumbnail only
>>
>>53934532
No, it opens the full image.
>>
>>53933333
hol up nigga
dis nigga ridin wid quints yo
quints yo
muhfuggin quints SHEEEEEEEEEEIIIT
>>
>>53933991
greasemonkey with right click enabler script.

I selectively turn it on, because in some cases it messes up functionality.

Or if you save from a site more than once use adblock to filter out the elements that are used for blocking.
>>
>>53933333
nice quints
>>
>about:config
>search for entry dom.event.contextmenu.enabled
>disable it
>>
>>53933991
>>have to modify the url just to get the original file and not a downsized version

I always fucking hate that. Especially if they are some shitty third world country sites that seem to be the only ones who have the exact image you're looking for but only display it with a shitty small ass resolution by default.
>>
>>53934847
are you ejaculating purified autism as we speak you greaseinhaler?
>>
Install Right To Click. Has always worked.
Goddamn I hate lightboxes.
What a shit tool.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.