[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do Windows-based laptops have such garbage trackpads in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: MACBOOKPRO.jpg (185 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
MACBOOKPRO.jpg
185 KB, 1200x630
So why do Windows-based laptops have such garbage trackpads in comparison to Macbooks?

Does Apple have a patent on having a non-shit trackpad or something?
>>
>>53922612
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>53922612
Windows laptops usually use windows trackpad drivers which are bad.

The ones which use synaptics and such work fine.
>>
Yes

Also consider that Windows by default with one of those trackpads doesn't have as many cool gestures for this, that and the other thing too. Or some software like BetterTouchTool that makes it a fucking machine.
>>
>>53922647
How is the Surfacebook's trackpad?
>>
You're looking at the wrong laptops.
>>
>>53922612
>trackpad
>impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>now uses gimmicky pressure sensitivity to differentiate between clicks
>you have to gauge perfectly how much pressure you tap with or it completely fucks up and does something different
>best anything

Why do macfags feel the need to lie on the internet to shill their overheating throttling fuccboibooks?
>>
>>53922705
You do realize that Macbook's superior trackpad is widely recognized even among Apple haters, right?
>>
>>53922683
I don't know, haven't used one. But I imagine it won't be that good since it most likely uses windows drivers.
>>
>>53922720
>superior
>trackshit
niceme.me
>>
>>53922724
Is Microsoft so inept they can't even make a piece of hardware that plays nicely with its own software?
>>
>>53922647
>>53922683
>>53922724
the new ms precision drivers are superior to any oem shit

look at the reviews for the xps 13 or surface book
>>
>>53922647
You got that backwards m8.

MS finally got fed up with lazy 3rd party faggots that haven't improved for decades and wrote their own drivers for W10.
>>
I have to say I hate trackpads and that's probably one of the reasons why I don't like laptops anymore and if I have to use one I plug in a mouse to be able to actually get something done fast.
So maybe that's why I don't give a shit about macbooks. They look old anyway, I'd pick a Surface over a macbutt any day.
>>
>>53922754
"""Precision""" drivers are fucking shit. They don't let you configure anything about them. Don't like the acceleration? Too bad. Want to turn off pinch to zoom? Too fucking bad. Want to configure what a 3 finger tap does? Too fucking bad.
>>
>>53922754
I have an xps 13 mate. My old acer with synaptics drivers had a better touchpad.
>>
>>53922793
You should try using the Macbook.
>>
File: 1458827213919.jpg (186 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1458827213919.jpg
186 KB, 690x460
>>53922815
>zero travel keyboard
>trackshit
>>
File: a.png (83 KB, 650x515) Image search: [Google]
a.png
83 KB, 650x515
>>53922794
>Want to turn off pinch to zoom? Too fucking bad.
>>
>>53922720
You replied to a post full of facts with "but popularity". Kill yourself.
>>
Have you tried the thinkpad clitoris?
>>
>>53922705
You can turn the pressure sensitive thing off and then it functions entirely like the previous model but without the hard to press at the edge thing.
>>
>>53923262
>full of facts
Are you an idiot?
>>
because windows laptops are garbage.

macbook air > any wangblows laptop ver made
>>
>>53922705
>>53923262
>facts

>>impossible to click near upper edge
>>extremely loose near bottom edge
Only these points two are falsifiable and the first holds true for every windows laptop I've come across and second one is utter bullshit.

t. bootcamp user. I'm not going back to windows laptops again.
>>
>>53923685
I went from a '08 MBP to an X220 and disabled the trackpad in the bios (because it's fuckawful).
The X220's keyboard was an upgrade.
The clitmouse is a MASSIVE downgrade.

Get mad about apple or whatever, those machines control extremely well.
>>
Heard that trackpad is better than a mouse for anything that doesn't require precision like graphics editing. That true?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.