[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I am in need of someone who is good with 8086 assembly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: zd86 (1).png (19 KB, 652x681) Image search: [Google]
zd86 (1).png
19 KB, 652x681
Hello /g/ I am in need of someone who is good with 8086 assembly language because I need to program some simple Computer Graphics on it. Basically what it ultimately should look like is the Microsoft screen saver where it changes shapes and colours. It should be a combination of Basic shapes, Combination of basic shapes, Radial shapes(spirals, polygons, radiating lines) and more "interesting" shapes with different colours. The shapes can change form, colour and location at any given time(it can even move around like the Microsoft screen saver). I know I am not supposed to ask you guys for help but you seem like the people to talk to. Help would be really appreciated.
>>
Enjoy pulling your hair out in frustration trying to program in a dead assembly langauge
>>
>>53919296

Seriously, just install Borland C compiler under dosbox, or get an IBM PC XT.
>>
>>53919310
I know it is a dead language but I am in uni and it is a part of a course and I need to use 8086 assembly. Believe me I would not do this to myself if I had a choice.
>>
>>53919375
Why does a uni teach a dead language? I understand knowledge in antiquity but shouldn't it also be translatable into modern usage? Programming in a text editor instead of Visual Basic or whatever the fuck is out there is something a student should do. We don't teach doctors fucked up ancient practises for good reason
>>
>>53919327
This. Use inline assembly if absolutely necessary
>>
just program something in c, disassemble it, and pretend you made it.
>>
>>53919553
First, assembly is not dead.

Calculators and computers can do awesome stuff but you still learn where things come from in math for example.
It is really important to know where things come from to really understand that thing.
>>
>>53919310
Assembly is pretty easy actually, if you're doing simple stuff like OP's assignment.

>>53919296
This will help you get started.

http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/~ypa448/Microp/Mode_13H.doc
>>
>>53921956
It's not that hard. The stuff you need to learn about these old processor architectures to use them properly is incredibly finite compared to modern stuff. It's still valid too, the z80 for instance is still around today in embedded stuff.
>>53919553
It's a pretty good introduction to the x86 architecture.
>>
>>53919296
I can do a combination of Basic shapes, but a Combination of basic shapes costs more.
>>
read a book
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.