[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft paradigma is pretty good actuallly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Microsoft-.NET_.jpg (13 KB, 380x215) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft-.NET_.jpg
13 KB, 380x215
What does /g/ think of .NET technologies ?

I've just started an internship in an industry and the information system rests on Microsoft's products (Excel for collecting data or accounting, Access as DB...).

I've been building a new documentation system with ASP.NET and C#. The actual system is an Access database with obvious bottlenecks (a single table with a lot of fields, Access basically, the hosting server [a Windows desktop] is used for recording data).

I think I'm doing great for now, I use a MVC architecture, Entity Framework as ORM, and Microsoft Sql Server as DB. As a Java and PHP dev, i really enjoy coding with ASP.NET with C#. It is close to those programming languages I learned at school and with convenient tools in Visual Studio.
>>
>>53917752
>C#
>Java
>PHP
>fucking PHP

poo in loo pajeet
>>
>>53917768

Well are you expecting to create website in a machine-oriented language ? (maybe with C and CGI scripts ? But that's nonsense) Each language has its specialty.
>>
>>53917752
Microsoft has no respect for its users so why would you develop with its tools?
Hope you don't use vscode or vs2013+ because all your code is scanned and sent to authorities.
>>
>>53918007
Well I don't have a choice, IT is delegated to a foreign company. My company bought few VS2010 licenses and mine isn't activate yet.

So, i code on my laptop (unplugged from the network) and when it's done I transfer my build on the computer which hosts the IIS server.

If I had been, I would have use PHP, MySql and Apache. But in business, Microsoft can't be avoided (everything just rely on Office and Windows). So, I used the "less terrible" technologies with modern architectures to offset it.

By the way, a large amount of the company's shares are owned by local public institutions. And why this paranoia ? No matter what, the only safe way to protect data is to write it down.
>>
>>53917752
pajeet, pls
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.