[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I have a question, do you think i should upgrade to windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1433070704085.jpg (147 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
1433070704085.jpg
147 KB, 500x748
Hey /g/ I have a question, do you think i should upgrade to windows 10? I have Windows 8 right now. I really only use my computer for steam and browsing the web, listening to music and such. I sometimes pirate games/application as well. Im not sure if pirating is of any concern but i'd like to know if you think i should upgrade.
>>
>>53915825
Windows 10 has no advantage over windows 8. If you hate the start screen, then install classic shell.
>>
>>53915825
Upgrade to 8.1 and don't move from there.
>>53915858
>Using start menu replacements
What are you, 70?
>>
>>53915884
>using start screen
You must be 18 years or older to browse this site.
>>
>>53915916
Wait, did you just projected yourself this hard?
Because, I never said or stated that OP should use the start menu at all.
You just use the same method you use on 7, pin most used software on the taskbar.
Im on 8.1 and never, ever see the start menu at all while working and installing a third party menu is retarded as fuck.
>>
Are they any advantages for win10 over 8?
>>
>>53915884
Why should i go to 8.1?
>>
>>53915994
DX12, there is 3 AAA games already using it on windows 10, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Gears of War remaster.
Also, there is a working dx12 dolphin fork that fully utilize dx12 api and get a 180% boost on some games.
>>
>>53916039
Damn, thanks man!
>>
>>53916037
8.1 fixes everything 8 does wrong, like the borked maintenance service that run at random times instead of just fully idle moments, and it doesn't stop trying to optimize the system even when you resume your work.
Tons of fixes and improvements under the hood, is faster, crash less, etc
>>
If you're going to use Windows at all, you might as well use the latest version.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.