[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you cooling your CPU with a car radiator /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 65QOw7k.jpg (696 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
65QOw7k.jpg
696 KB, 3264x1836
Why aren't you cooling your CPU with a car radiator /g/?
>>
>>53914200
That's how water cooling began. Small car rads on custom loops and handmade blocks
>>
>>53914200
> not using the fridge/freezer pump cooled esky filled with with anti-freeze mods from the early 2000's.
>>
>>53914269
>not realizing that condensation kills electronic equipment.
>>
>>53914289
>not cutting up neoprene to seal and insulate around the cpu and waterblock.
not insulating water hoses
>>
jfc the disco ball
>>
>>53914323
Have fun not being able to RMA the products if something breaks since you've smeared all of your smegma on the components just for >muh insulation. It will help a bit but it won't remove the condensation completely.

Jesus.. People still being this retarded in 2016.
>>
Shiieeeett I was just thinking about that. That is pretty small, I was thinking bigger for some reason. I could get one from a small junker easily
>>
>>53914363
>not knowing what neoprene is.
>not knowing that insulating hoses doesn't require some magic pixie goo that gets all over components.
When did you last smear neoprene and thermal insulation tape on your hardware anon?
>>
>>53914401
So you expect no condensation just because you put some meme tubing on the hoses? Just stop..
>>
I am cooling one with a car radiator. My server actually. I made the cooling system for my main a couple of years ago. When I upgraded I made my Old main my server and made a new cooling system for the new main.

The new system cools marginally better compared to the old one but the components also changed so theres that.
>>
>>53914200
dat disco ball
>>
>>53914200
dis needs moar lazerz
>>
>>53914476
> Condensation
> Without a heat pump
Just stop.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.