[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone on /g/ seemingly hate Windows 10 so much? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 15
File: win10luv.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
win10luv.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
Why does everyone on /g/ seemingly hate Windows 10 so much? I genuinely think it's a good product. All the silly rumors about spyware/botnet are straight up lies created by idiot paranoids.

Windows 10 is the safest operating systsem on the market today, with features like smartscreen filter, applocker, cloud-based windows defender, and an improved updates system that ensures no computer stays unpatched and vulnerable.

Additionally, the whole telemetry paranoia is off the charts. They doesn't any personal info and it's only used to fix the bugs. Would you rather give one of the oldest and most reputable American software companies a small bit of info on how you use your computer, or would you rather help provide your entire identity and all your files to cybercriminals?

There is also a lots of other good improvements in Windows 10 like the new Edge Browser, built in appstore, memory compression, DirectX 12, and Cortana assistant. So many good things in Windows 10 but elitist idiots stick to 10 year old windows 7 saying its safer and better. LOL its 2016. Please tell me im not the only person here with even the slightest sense of rationality.
>>
>>53911470
POO
>>
File: 1444796097130.gif (6 KB, 446x361) Image search: [Google]
1444796097130.gif
6 KB, 446x361
>>53911470
>>
I told you, paid MS troll.

Stay away.
>>
>>53911470
>Please tell me im not the only person here with even the slightest sense of rationality.

Im rational, I love windows 10, all you loonix neckbeards can fuck off
>>
>>53911470

Fuck yeah OP, Windows 10 is great. And now that bash is coming to Windows, what reason is there to use Linux anymore? You mad, Lincucks?
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (20 KB, 330x248) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
20 KB, 330x248
upgraded to 10 just now, and I'm impressed, I dont know what the problem is... looks great, runs fast, has the best software, shit, I just came
>>
Samefaggotry everywhere. Also, copypasta.
>>
File: win10samefagging.png (266 KB, 1366x1677) Image search: [Google]
win10samefagging.png
266 KB, 1366x1677
>>53911470
>>53911504
>>53911533
>>53911573

Fuck you, Pajeet.
>>
almost noon in India, go eat some fucking curry Rajeesh, you've done enough for your overlords today
>>
Legit though, I downloaded a copy of Windows 10 Pro and found a program on kickass that removes all the built in spyware / malware. It's faster than Windows 7 and has some nice features.
>>
>>53911654
not OP, but curry is pretty good man.

just not from india. they'd probably take a shit in that stuff
>>
>>53911619
>>53911654
What is it with your people and these Indian names? Fucking racist pieces of shit. There's a reason we have all the good tech jobs while you faggots are stuck playing with "open source" horseshit no one cares about.

Oh, and I've been a Windows 10 Insider since forever, and you're missing out if you haven't upgraded yet.
>>
File: entirelylegit.jpg (71 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
entirelylegit.jpg
71 KB, 416x431
>>53911657
So you admit that Win10 has spyware and malware built in, and you continue to use it? What the fuck is the matter with you?
>>
WIN7 4LYFE STREETSHITERSSS

>POO
>>
Threadly reminder to ignore/hide/report win 10 pro shill threads :^)
>>
>>53911704
Need I remind you about Mint? Microsoft has never fucked up THAT bad
>>
okay, can every win 10 lover prove they are not in india? a timestamp will do.
>>
File: Untitled.png (862 KB, 1406x1568) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
862 KB, 1406x1568
>>
>>53911470
Hi Pajeet, how's your day going?
>>
>>53911678
>sitting in a ratty chair with no A/C in India shitposting on an anonymous imageboard
>"good tech jobs"

Don't you have a street to be shitting in?
>>
File: suicide_brendanfraser.jpg (28 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
suicide_brendanfraser.jpg
28 KB, 456x320
>mfw this is what my /g/ has become
>>
>>53911470
It's just dumb criminals and open sores fucktards that hate it.
>>
>>53912329
Everyone with a brain who isn't paid off to say they like it hates what Microsoft is doing.
>>
>>53912366
>hates what Microsoft is doing.
this.
but the issue is, we have all grown to come to like the software we use on windows. it hurts that there is no competitive alternative to those software on linux. and that is why we are forced to keep using windows.
>>
>>53911619
Fuck you Paki.
>>
>>53911762
Daily reminder that you had less than 24 hours to be one of the lucky ones with a special link. If you had Mint installed before or you were too late to get the malware link it doesn't concern you.

Now lets assume that Mint is on every consumer desktop ever. The impact will be noticable since there must be people installing it all the time. Now lets go back to reality and think how many users actually wanted to install Mint on that specific day. Man, that was a wild ride with highs and lows.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>53911470
What do you hope to accomplish here today, Rajesh?
>>
>>53911470
You shills are as bad as the fucking linuxtards now. I don't care about your shitty copypasta blog, just fuck off.
>>
Windows 10 fucking downloaded itself on my computer. God knows how many times I'd told it to fuck off but it just went ahead and downloaded itself.
>>
This is bait, I have come to warn you all don't feed the troll
>>
>>53912875
/g/ is fucking retarded, the OP might as well have said "I AM A BIG TROLL THREAD, REPLY WITH THE PAJEET MEME IF YOU'RE UNDERAGE" and it still got 20 "smart" people going "hurr durr pajet hahaha me smart you dumb".
>>
File: 1434896966731.png (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434896966731.png
77 KB, 500x500
>>53911678
>we have all the good tech jobs
>shilling on an Indian plumbing board
>>
>>53912366
Fuck off Luddite
>>
It's FREE and GREAT
Windows 10 is shilled here and that's why we hate it.

Imagine something completely fine, like, say, a donut. Now imagine you have people trying to get you to eat this donut, going on about how great it is regardless as to whether you actually eat the donut or not. It just never stops. They're paid to keep telling you how great this fucking donut is
Eventually you will get sick of fucking donuts
>>
>>53911470
Windows is shit. Only reason to use it over say OSX or linux is games.
>>
>>53911470
>Why does everyone on /g/ seemingly hate Windows 10 so much
Well you have to spend money to get a license.
The cheaper OEM licenses don't transfer if you swap out too much hardware on your machine.

With Linux distros you just download an ISO and you're done. Well you could "READ" the license text if you want too...
>>
>>53914751
funny story about that. I have an OEM version of windows and a few months ago my motherboard and GPU died, so I had to switch to new ones. i was worried because, like you know, the key is tied to the motherboard/cpu/(hard drive?) combo. So I got the parts all put in and booted it up, and installed my windows 7. I was worried the process would break at some point, but it all installed fine.
It gets around to asking for the license key and I input the only one i had, my OEM key from my previous install. I typed it in and...it worked. I don't know if it's because I moved country, but I was quite happy and surprised.
>>
Does anyone have the count of these specific threads with this pasta?

I've seen the same OP like 20 times already. OP you should really off yourself. If this counts as harassment, I hope it harasses you.
>>
>>53914626
There's an easy way to get someone sick of donuts.

It involves your dick and the following is up to your imagination
>>
>>53914626
Win 10 is not free, it is a free upgrade.

It is hated because the UI is objectively worse than 7.

It is hated because it has mandatory updates, and the only thing you can do is either block all updates, or receive all updates. My Win10 installation (yes I have one) for example, every update attempts to install OLD FIRMWARE on my printer. It is not only doing the wrong thing, it is doing it to a device other than the system itself. Because updates are all or nothing, there's no way to simply opt-out of this from happening every time.

It is hated because the updating is intrusive and will take place whether you like it or not.

It is hated because it further enforces draconian DRM.

It is hated because despite the problems, it does not offer any actual improvements over Windows 7 to the average user except (arguably) for DX12 support, which is still not even relevant to gaming.

At this point in time there is still literally no reason to upgrade to Windows 10.
>>
>>53914816
Immediately thought of this.

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2457054
>>
>>53914829
Well there's some silly little things over Windows 7 like the task view thing and being able to do proper window snapping on multimonitor setups, but that's nothing that will fix all of those glaring flaws.

Also that they could have improved on things such as having a better file manager, having better font rendering, having a non shitty file system. But nah. Apps are more important.
>>
>>53914829
You sound like youd rather have Android 4.2 installed than 6.0..
>>
>>53914866
>task view thing and being able to do proper window snapping on multimonitor setups

There are those - these are reasonable additions to the OS.

Unfortunately neither of them matter at all to me. I have never used the task view nor do I have a multimonitor setup.

I installed Win10 because I was curious what it was going to have that would be a step up from Win8/8.1 (which I skipped) to warrant not only a new version number, but to skip a version number.

I was disappointed to find out that WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING.
>>
>>53914893
So, a cursory look at task view is that it's basically multiple desktops? I don't think that's a compelling reason to switch from other Operating Systems since they've had that feature since the mid to late 90s.
>>
>>53914893
Honestly I wasn't expecting all that much. There are many things about Windows that haven't changed in many versions. Tell you the truth, even if all users collectively complained about its quality and they had to pop out a new one, it'd be just the same thing with another layer of stupid shit on top of it.
>>
>>53914921
Basically workspaces + being able to see your current opened windows organized the same way you do on some linux DEs/mission control in OSX

It's nothing new, just something that was lacking on Windows specifically. Some people don't even need it at all. Shit you can't even bind a specific hotkey to show it. I do that on both linux and OSX with my DPI button on my mouse.
>>
>>53914988
That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. Yeah, binding that functionality is very useful.
>>
>>53911470
>>53911504
>>53911533
>>53911573
>>53911678
>>53914626
fucking samefagging shill

I actually like Windows 10, but faggots like you need to fuck off
>>
Why can't /g/ use an user agent filter. It would really help with the amount of shitpost from /v crap and indian shills.
>>
>>53914829
>It is hated because the UI is objectively worse than 7.
Maybe in its execution, not in its idea. The flat, machine-like look is far more professional than LOOK AT ME CONSUMERS WE LOOK ALMOST LIKE APPLE GUYS LOOK AT THE PRETTY GLOSS EVERYWHERE ARENT WE HIP garbage that was Aero.
>>
>>53911753
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
windows 10 isn't nearly as aesthetically pleasing as the linux mint cinnamon desktop I'm dual booting with.
Linux doesn't take over my computer with lengthy updates that make a 4 core 3.5ghz processor suck ass.
Linux doesn't do a lot of the annoying little shit windows does. (Browser resetting preferences to the way MS thinks they should be...windows opening at a different size/location every time you open apps).
And I'm talking about ootb experience here, why should I bother tiddling around with windows when linux has so much good, free as in beer software available, and is so much more of a pleasure to use?
Then there's the whole shit tier security and spying shit you endure using windows.
>>
>>53911470
take a rest, pajeet

don't you have to go to some street to conduct your business?
>>
>>53911470
> 2016
> paying attention to some butthurted pathetic linucucks.
Oh, boy, here we go.
>>
>>53911470
I have used Microsoft my whole life til recently. I upgraded both of my laptops to Windows 10. Due to that horrible mistake, I now have an OS X Yose and I'm about to get an Ubuntu laptop after trying it out in a vm. inb4 desktop, I move too much
>>
> fell for linoox meme
> spent a week trying to find all the proper drivers
Linuxfaggts are no more than just imbecile faggots. Period.
>>
>>53918980
A lot of people have a bad experience with Ubuntu, I in particular found it to be buggy. Would recommend any other newbie-friendly Linux distro.
>>
>>53919063
To be fair, it's the only one I've tried, and my current place has awful download speed, so it's harder to try others. I'm only using it because people often call it the more dev-friendly distro, and I dev a lot. What would you recommend?
>>
>>53919026
A week? Are you literally retarded? You don't even have to manually download drivers unless you're using Arch or something.
>>
>>53911470

This is so blatant I'm impressed. Why does MS even bother shilling here?
>>
>>53919096
I tried gentoo, I needed that shit for some load testing, but that was the first and the last attempt. I've always knew that linooxturds are the special kind of retards, that's not cool or smth, that's just stupid. For now I use only os x/win 7-10. Android is the one os that is acceptable, but it's not linoox tho, everything else is a piece of crap for idiots.
>>
>>53919096
Arch user here, drives comes with the kernel like on ubuntu, firmware blobs are included in the repos if you need it. So no, you don't need to manually download drivers on Arch, in fact, if you need a very exotic driver most probably is in the AUR.
>>
>>53919063
Retard, if you still don't understand - every linux distro is buggy af.
>>
>>53919256
>fell for gentoo meme.
Did you try deleting system32 yet?
Try turning it off and back on again first.
>>
>>53919256
nice opinion, i wholeheartedly disagree, my experience contradicts by a lot yours.
>>
File: 1340423283361.jpg (15 KB, 434x308) Image search: [Google]
1340423283361.jpg
15 KB, 434x308
We know windows sucks, but why does that fact make you get mad at linux users?
>>
>>53911811
Everyone knows this is now an advertisement board. But seriously, most arguments coming from shills are pretty bad and are proved wrong very quickly, even then MS knows repetition has an effect, if they pay enough people to spam positive opinions about them they can manipulate the opinion of those who haven't checked the facts for themselves and even make people forget their shitty behavior.
>>
>>53919443
I've never heard somthing like:"linux must die" from windows users, only buttherted linucucks want to prove some wet fantasies about their buggy and stupid shit, those imbeciles luve in their own fantasy world qhich has nothing in common with the real world.
>>
>>53919513
To be a nemesis, you have to actively try to destroy something, don't you? Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.
---Linus Torvalds
>>
>>53919443
because he sees this as a tribal war. Linux users can gain a lot from a bigger market share, windows users on the other side doesn't win anything by spreading FUD and lies or outdated facts in order to try people to not use linux, even if windows loses 20% of their marketshare their users wouldn't be affected or will get worse support from companies, in fact by trying to help MS to maintain their monopoly they're hurting themselves just because they think that they'll definitely will never change their mind and that will never exist something better than windows, is like tattooing the name of your girlfriend which is something stupid to do even if she's a nice person and you love her a lot. In this case is even more stupid because MS as a girlfriend is a manipulative bitch that likes to play dirty and has a big story of cucking her ex boyfriends. If those guys don't care how they're being treated is up to them.
>>
>>53919513
>I've never heard somthing like:"linux must die" from windows users.
sorry but are you new in this board?
>>
I had thought about giving Windows 10 a try, downloaded the ISO from Microsoft, and used dd to write it to a USB drive. The image wasn't recognized by my motherboard. I even selected Windows EFI in addition to Other OS and neither were recognized. Started up trustworthy always works Linux, and mounted the USB drive just to be sure it wrote properly. Sure enough, the contents were all there. I liked it better when Microsoft paid developers. Sure Vista, was a heaping pile of dogshit but it was usable. Everything took a catastrophic turn with Windows 8 and it's all gone downhill ever since.
>>
>>53911499

>paid
L M A O

These faggots do it for free
>>
for anyone still on the fence about whether or not windows 10 is being shilled (by paid employees or otherwise) this post will try to break down some of the common arguments shills make, by taking OP's post as an example

>>53911470
>All the silly rumors about spyware/botnet are straight up lies created by idiot paranoids.

calling windows 10 a literal botnet would of course be silly, however "x is a botnet" is a /g/ meme that generally refers to anything that phones home more than it should, collects more data than it should without giving adequate means to disable data gathering (or obscuring it) etc - it's not a botnet in the malicious botnet sense and nobody with a clue thinks it is

concerns over telemetry isn't paranoia, bad implementation of telemetry (which windows 10 is guilty of) can reveal personal information over the network (ever use your computer on a public network such as a cafe wireless? yeah) - whether or not leaking of personal information is relevant to the user, a highly subjective matter, the fact that information has the potential to be leaked is not subjective, it's objectively bad and shouldn't be happening in the first place

>Windows 10 is the safest operating systsem on the market today

[citation needed]

going by vulnerability statistics:
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-32238/year-2016/Microsoft-Windows-10.html
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-4781/product_id-20550/year-2016/Canonical-Ubuntu-Linux.html

windows 10 in 2016: 31 vulnerabilities
ubuntu in 2016: 14 vulnerabilities

not to mention that vulnerabilites on windows are typically more severe, usually receive slower patching (if at all), and that ubuntu linux represents a desktop gnu+linux experience that will be far less secure than a hardened gnu+linux install more suited for a server (but not completely unusable for a desktop)
>>
>>53919729
Your mother sucks dicks for free.
>>
>>53919824
cont.

also, part of the issue of shills especially on 4chan is that if you write a big enough post full of nonsense it becomes impossible to make rebuttals to everything because of the piss poor 2,000 character limit for replies

>and an improved updates system that ensures no computer stays unpatched and vulnerable.

forced updates on windows isn't a good thing given how often windows publishes updates that soft brick machines - problematic for those that need forced updates the most

forced updates exist because people don't update because they don't know better, it's a problem across all operating systems but forcing people to update with no means to opt-out is the worse way of doing it

>Additionally, the whole telemetry paranoia is off the charts.

even if you set windows 10 up in the manner to collect the least amount of information, it *still* sends a lot of data that can be used against you either by microsoft or by people who have access to the local network you're using

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

>but but arstechnica are bad!

arstechnica have a reputation for being bad because, coincidentally, they shill stuff without putting any journalistic effort into it, however in this article they put some journalistic effort into it, and with it being arstechnica OP will have no common rebuttal of
>but muh sketchy site posting unverified information

there's various other articles about what microsoft sends and how much of it leaks personally identifiable data (whether intentionally or through a bug) however I don't have direct links as it's becoming increasingly difficult to find with all the news sites cluttering google with "windows 10 telemetry data is a problem" "windows 10 telemetry data ISN'T a problem" - just know that having settings split across 13 different pages WILL result in issues if telemetry is a concern for you in any way
>>
File: shekel.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
shekel.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
because tehre's people who got them (See:IMG) to say lies online
>>
>>53917454
>sliding incontrovertible truth
>>
>>53911470
kek try syncing your iOS device to iTunes on Win10
>>
>>53920022
cont.

>>53911470
>They doesn't any personal info and it's only used to fix the bugs.

telemetry data is only anonymised on the absolute bare minimum diagnostics mode of telemetry gathering, however they still have your "harmless metadata" ip address :^)

once you start using features with their own telemetry (note again: 13 pages of telemetry settings, a 45 page privacy policy) such as cortana, onedrive, etc, etc, then you're ABSOLUTELY going to be sending personal info - cortana alone sends stuff like your calendar app details among other things

fixing bugs is a valid argument when it comes to rare unreproducable bugs but it also falls flat on its face when you consider that microsoft is one of the few companies that can pour resources into bugfixing among other things like ui development, but look at how incompetent they were at making a usable desktop UI for windows 8 launch (ergo: they have the resources but cannot do it, hence users now have to pony up personally identifiable user data with no way to opt out)

>Would you rather give one of the oldest and most reputable American software companies

just take a look at some of the controversies microsoft have been involved in, saying they're reputable is a fucking joke (hint: many, MANY monopolistic business tactics, anti-consumer practices, they coined the term "Extend, Embrace, Extinguish", are masters of spreading FUD, the list goes on)

>a small bit of info on how you use your computer

a "small" bit of your information, such as your private encryption keys if you use encryption and onedrive (you can opt-out of this one but it shouldn't be opt-out in the first place)

>or would you rather help provide your entire identity and all your files to cybercriminals?

bla bla bla non-argument, microsoft's telemetry data WILL NOT prevent you from being hacked, it will only, at best, prevent similar hacks in the future (something which already happens, good job on such a shitty argument)
>>
>>53919846

top insult. Of course she does but definitely not to mshaft shills.
>>
>>53920175
cont.

>There is also a lots of other good improvements in Windows 10

new release of software has improvements? colour me surprised

(of course the improvements are minimal at best and aren't enough to make people jump ship, microsoft had to force push windows 10 to people through update apps that are difficult to remove, update apps that force download and install windows 10 without permission)

>DirectX 12

a carrot to make gamers update, games still provide directx 9 support and no current gpu on the market supports full dirextx 12 features (or will be able to utilise them fully for another few years)

>and Cortana assistant

which sends personally identifiable telemetry data, good job on:
>They doesn't any personal info

also, what is up with your grammar there rajeed?

>So many good things in Windows 10 but elitist idiots stick to 10 year old windows 7 saying its safer and better. LOL its 2016.

windows 7 will receive security updates until 2020, windows 8.1 further on

of course by that point microsoft will have the majority of their userbase where they want them: locked into a system with forced updates with already concerning telemetry data gathering

>Please tell me im not the only person here with even the slightest sense of rationality.

if by rational you mean willing to eat up what microsoft press releases tells you, then sure :^)

(you haven't provided a single rational argument against those who criticise windows 10, good job)

in summary: REEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>53919824
>>53920022
>>53920175
>>53920272
mate that was bait
but very good post anyway
>>
>>53911470
Why do you even care? Was that your so-called rationality? Why don't you just let people use what they want without resorting to moralizing? Tryhard.
>>
>>53919824
>>53911470
>>53911657
>>53911704
>>53912366
>>53912702
>>53914829

This is the only way I've read to get 99% of the spyware. It still collects, but has less than 1% chance to get out.

1. Start with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (N ver. optional). It's the only one without the auto update rootkit.

2. Go through these scripts and disable the spyware:
>http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/57339-Guide-Way-to-Disable-Keylogger-Telemetry-v3-4
>http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63498-Windows-10-TNBT-%28The-next-big-tweak%29-official-thread

3. Install the best 3rd party Windows 10 spyblocker you can find. like
>https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Note: there are anecdotes of the third party programs and setting configurations in w10 being ignored and still sending data to M$.
>http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64482-NONE-of-the-Windows-Anti-Spy-Tweaks-work!-DATA-MINING-CONFIRMED

4. Apply a deny by default to your firewall.
>http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64640-Windows-Firewall-Configuration-Truly-Block-EVERYTHING
>http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174264-experimenting-with-windows-firewall-to-block-by-default

Even then, I'm not sure it's enough. It requires more testing. I have only used VMs to test and my settings could have been off.
>>
>>53911619
>doesn't show how many unique IP addresses were posting
FUCKING TRIGGERED.
>>
>>53911470
I don't like windows 10 because they took away much of the configurability in favor of streamlining a uniform product like apple does

I hate it that I can't turn off updates anymore, I hate it that I can't regulate my updates anymore
>>
>>53911470
>Why does everyone on /g/ seemingly hate Windows 10 so much?
Because of all the shilling, both paid and unpaid.
>>
>>53921753
can anyone find a problem with this? I can only get win10 on my surface pro 4 due to the touchscreen and camera drivers.
>>
Go to sleep India. /v/ appreciates your shilling
>>
File: laffing_jojo.gif (91 KB, 322x324) Image search: [Google]
laffing_jojo.gif
91 KB, 322x324
>>53911470
Because it has useless "features", and does not care for user freedom as it forces updates on users. It attempts to maintain a monopoly over other software by restricting user freedom. Not to mention its poorly bloated bot-net shit is filled with security flaws. Like the key escrow system its using for its encryption. Now please have some shame and educate yourself, useless shill.
>>
>>53921753
You need to also disable a service called "Diagnostic Policy Service" on services.msc. It is known to create/send telemetry data on Enterprise no matter what setting you have it on.
Yeah On Enterprise LTSB, If you try to turn off telemetry via grpup policy it will not turn off. The services will stay active no matter what. The only thing the off button does is block access to a few files in the ETLlogs folder, which means the telemetry data is still collected, but it can not be saved on the computer
>>
>>53924452
Damn, thanks. I didn't see that in the other threads. God damn this OS really is a piece of shit.

I attempted to check my modifications with wireshark, but I can't read the output for shit. This is all pretty new to me. At least W10 is forcing me to learn some new shit.
>>
>>53911484
IN
>>
>>53919063
meaningless, unfounded information posts (from who?) I haven't had ubuntu crash once in years. Ubuntu does not crash. Last time I had to venture into windows - back to the regular - crashes every hour when configuring stuff or every day- ugly. & the updates consuming your life.
>>
Windows just isn't technology. Take it to /v/
>>
>>53919357
WHAT linux distros are buggy
>>
>>53926649
LOO
>>
>>53924153
they must be getting paid, because it seems to have increased
>>
File: Capture.png (231 KB, 1118x361) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
231 KB, 1118x361
Go to sleep, india
>>
File: 1459899715111.jpg (77 KB, 417x401) Image search: [Google]
1459899715111.jpg
77 KB, 417x401
>>53911470
Tone the shilling down, faggot.

Does this excuse for a job honestly pay that well?
>>
>>53924418
Wtf are you talking about "user freedeehm"? You buy a product, not political rights or some shit like that. There are other forums where you can talk about freeduhms, it doesn't have shit to do with software. That's the dumbest concept I've ever heard, freedom and software. Who the fuck came up with this retarded shit? Must be some mega-autist.
>>
>>53912382
>but the issue is, we have all grown to come to like the software we use on windows. it hurts that there is no competitive alternative to those software on linux. and that is why we are forced to keep using windows.

Do you think everyone on GNU/Linux grew up using it or something? I used Windows until a few years ago. The transition isn't painful. In fact it feels really fucking good. That's why we push it so hard. That's why we try to save you guys even though we hate you.
>>
>>53914626
Real life is one thing, but on this board I think it's established what free means. Please say gratis for this meaning in the future.
>>
File: 1436282970643.gif (872 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
1436282970643.gif
872 KB, 285x200
Reminder that people are PAID by microsoft to shill windows 10 and poison the well.
They are nearly indistinguishable from people baiting.

Reminder that if you don't tell them to fuck off their attempts will gradually erode the collective opinion until all that's left is a mockery of what once existed.

And no it's not free.
You are being harvested for data to be bought and sold while using it. They find ways to make you pay.

I'd be excited to see an MS leak of all the private data they've collected.
Even a small trickle could wreak havoc enough to toss it all out.

Good luck with your malicious OS and powder keg of a user farm.
>>
>>53911470
>>53911470
>>53911470
B O T N E T - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >
O Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
T https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
N
E Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
T https://archive.is/OBGB1
|
| Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
| https://archive.is/tW6fu
|
| Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
| https://archive.is/2XIvX · https://archive.is/qLRZx
|
| Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
| location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
| even after related settings are turned off:
| https://archive.is/Zny36 · https://archive.is/sz1nt
| https://archive.is/g3QdQ · https://archive.is/ko469
|
| A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10:
|
| Keypoints: Windows 10 has a keylogger and uploads all your
| keystrokes every 5 minutes. Everything you type in Edge or
| Cortana is sent to Microsoft, along with any media files it
| finds. When webcam is enabled, 35MB of data goes to Microsoft.
| Even with Cortana disabled/uninstalled, Windows 10 sends all
| microphone audio to Microsoft, when the computer is idle.
| https://archive.is/QnTTA
| https://archive.is/eZKc9
|
| Windows 10 sends desktop screenshots straight to Microsoft:
| https://d2.maxfile.ro/rwspylwbwo.webm
| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDeHqiydk4A [Embed] [Embed]
|
| Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
| https://archive.is/vhjwm
| https://archive.is/2jehd
|
| Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
| https://archive.is/MB0Yy
|
| > Over 82 billion photos viewed.
| > Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
| > 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
| > Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
| > Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.
|
v
>>
>Download Windows 10
>Crashes all the time
>Change back immediately
How is it good again?
>>
>paranoids

Theres that word again
>>
>>53911470
Nice work, Rajeet!
You'll receive your payment soon. ;)
>>
>>53920435

of course it's bait, I'm posting it for the poor sods that get suckered into it
>>
>>53911470
> reputable American software companies
> 1st to sign up for PRISM
> Literally The Matrix
Niggerpls
>>
>>53929131
>Download Windows 10
>It just werks
How is it bad again?
>>
>>53932167
Rajesh, at least you tried. But this thread was registered to prajeet. No bing points for you ITT
>>
>>53920175
>>53920272
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>"Muh telemetry!"
Why do the Micro$hills always disregard other criticisms such as the fact that Win10 uninstalls programs without your permissions, resets your settings routinely and aggressively pushes updates?
>>
>>53911674
They drink cow piss, I wouldn't be surprised if they poo in the soup
>>
In windows 7, is there a way to hide the windows 10 notification icon and remove all reminders and pop-ups related to it?
>>
Windows 7 is better because I can bypass the log in screen. Heard you can't do that with Windows 10.
>>
File: 1442240822819.png (170 KB, 695x1535) Image search: [Google]
1442240822819.png
170 KB, 695x1535
>>53911470
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.