[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no sd card When will this finally stop being a valid argument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: uk_MB-MSBGB-EU_506_Left-angle.jpg (62 KB, 767x767) Image search: [Google]
uk_MB-MSBGB-EU_506_Left-angle.jpg
62 KB, 767x767
>no sd card

When will this finally stop being a valid argument when picking a new phone? On /g/ of all places.

Both Google and Apple already realized how stupid it is to support this dated technology.
>>
Why are you arguing with people over phones?
>>
>>53908621
Never, unless unlimited 4g and cloud storage becomes free. Then maybe.
>>
File: 1459086067922.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459086067922.gif
2 MB, 500x375
The real question is why wouldn't you want extra memory on-board, regardless of how slow it is?

When someone makes arguments against M-SD on phones I know they're a dipshit normie instantly and I give them the talk I'd give a small child who isn't yet privy to the ideas of the real world.

Note 4 here, 232gb storage suck my asshole lurk more noobfuck
>>
Yeah who could possibly want up to an extra 128GB of storage on their phone? Morons.
>>
>not having a phone with at least 1TB
>>
EMMC memory isn't even expensive, why doesn't every phone come with 32gb+
>>
File: 1ac.jpg (45 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1ac.jpg
45 KB, 512x512
>oy vey buy the 64gig version for $170 more goy!
>>
>>53908700
I do, my laptop only has 70 gigs. I store a lot of money's on there. Nice to have at a friend's house paired with chromecast.
>>
>>53908621
This is why I use a Windows Phone. 64 GB SD card and I can install all the apps I want on it. Stay mad UNIX fags. Even the flagships have SD cards.
>>
>>53908881
i use a 640 as a music player. Groove is shit, but i dont care enough to buy an app to replace it.
>>
>>53908915
I'm on 8.1 so I still have XBOX. I've never had a problem with desktop Groove.
>>
>>53908967
eh, wp10 is utter shit. I highly doubt it will ever be fixed either.
>>
>pay $250 extra for 8gb more internal memory, goy
Nah, I'm wise to your scams. Open standards and open expandability or suck my dick.
>>
>>53908621
When will you kill yourself?

I'm not paying those greedy cunts $100 for another 32gb of space when i can have a 200gb MicroSD for the same amount and NOT have all my data tied into a single device that can easily break.

Only retards think it's acceptable for a phone to not have an SD slot.
>>
>>53909028
>tfw bought 200gb sandisk microsd for $80 last November
>>
>>53909040
breh wheres the dealsense i got the 200gb one for 49.99! hollaaa
>>
face it goys removable sd cards and batteries will not be around in future current years
>>
>>53909068
>implying base China and AliExpress wont deliver
Capitalism ho
>>
>>53909068
Nobody gives a shit about 'removable' batteries these days because by the time it's lost charge you can pick up a $100 chinkphone with better specs.
SD cards, however, will only die in shit devices for morons. Every good phone currently on the market has one.
>>
>>53909057
>tfw outjewed
>>
eat shit your niggerfaggot, I'm assmad that you even made this troll thread but I'm still taking the bait because fuck you
>>
Are you fucking kidding me? You call a Micro SD Card dated? It may be old, but the technology used in it is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>53908621
Never. When I realized that my mom's phone only got 8 gb of the entire 16 gb memory due to the bloated marshmallow, SD cards are always necessary
>>
So are there any real arguments besides poorfags clinging into their legacy tech or that is it?
>>
>>53909284
>expandable storage
>transferable storage
>can transfer NAND backup image outside of phone to new phone in case your phone dies
>redundant storage for when your internal memory somehow dies or vice versa
>>
>>53909284
>Legacy tech
>Something smaller than a fingernail able to hold 256gb
Kill yourself, moron.
>>
>>53909114
>not having a RADICAL shark sd in your fone

Why even live?
>>
>>53909330
>thinking that is impressive
>>
>>53909340
Monkey master race
>>
>>53909341
More impressive than innovating by removing the head phone jack from a phone
>>
>>53909340
>>>/csg/
>>
>>53908621
three words

:

^

)
>>
>>53909372
who did that
>>
>>53908621
>Swappable storage
>Bad idea

Wtf u doing on /g/
>>
>>53908621

Hey OP, why'd you make this shit thread? You know your trolling, and so do we. You knew the arguments for it, you knew the responses. You literally made this thread to waste time
>>
>>53909450
People browse 4chan for something besides wasting time?
>>
yeah nothing makes me nope harder than seeing a phone with no replaceable battery or storage

people who buy those obviously dont care more than texting, tweeting and playing clash of clans on their phone
>>
>>53909519
I bought a 6P and use it for business fight me irl
>>
>>53909519
Replaceable batteries are stupid. Phones should be as slim and as durable as possible. And waterproof if possible as well.

Being able to replace your battery will only make those things worst. If it can last more than one day, the battery is fine.
>>
>>53908881
wut?
>>
>>53909563
The thing is, all these morons seem so think 'hurr not user replaceable' means you can't get to the battery.
You can still fucking do it, it's just not when you pop a little cover off and easily swap it out. Even the shittiest of phones can be taken apart to have the battery replaced, hence why apple will do it for money.
>>
>>53909563
>as slim as possible

So if they get to the point of being razor thin and really hard to hold onto, that's a good thing?

No. So STFU.
>>
>>53909630
To get to the battery of a Galaxy Note 5 you need a heat gun to soften the glue to open it up. Also replacement glue to glue the thing back when done. It's not just a matter of screws.
>>
>>53909630
Apple managed to bury the battery under 4 layers of boards and duct tape before, and then solder it on.

Sure, that was on the last Apple device I owned (IPod Touch 2) and a while ago, but with that one you just knew that plebs weren't going to replace the battery successfully. You could break the phone before you even took care of the first layer, by breaking the digitizer, screen or cover glass when opening what wasn't meant to be opened...
>>
>>53909832
And?

A heat gun is not expensive, and glue is not expensive. It's still 100% user replaceable, it just takes more effort.

By making it take more effort, you get benefits such as water proofness and increased capacity for the same size/weight. It's also a modern battery and if you're not a retard and you simply charge your phone from 30-40% to 100% once a day, the battery will outlast the products usefulness.
>>
>>53908621
Google still fully supports microSD in Android.

And are still necessary until maybe some other standard for removable storage takes over.

Buying a new phone because you run out of replaceable storage (or moving all your data into someone else's storage service cloud shit that you increasingly pay more for) is retarded.

Fuck off /g/ if you think otherwise.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-06-23-51-50.png (163 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-06-23-51-50.png
163 KB, 1440x2560
>>53908685
Note 4 also reporting in, SD storage comfy as fuck
>>
>>53908621
You don't want extra storage?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.