[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contract phone got smashed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1446868560261.jpg (482 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446868560261.jpg
482 KB, 1024x768
So long story short my contract s6 from t-mobile got smashed today. I bought it with a payment plan and still owe $480 on it. Does the person who broke it have to not only pay it off, but also pay for the cost of a new phone?
>>
File: 1446570036164.jpg (87 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446570036164.jpg
87 KB, 640x360
By the way, the person intentionally grabbed it out of my hand and threw it on marble floor as hard as possible. They said they would write me a check, but I'm not sure how they'll feel about paying the $1060 it would cost to pay off my old phone and replace it with a new one.
>>
why are you expecting anything but a new s6 to replace it?
>>
I like my sister.
>>
File: 1443732726834.jpg (57 KB, 386x371) Image search: [Google]
1443732726834.jpg
57 KB, 386x371
>>53904025
because I owe T-mobile $480 for the phone, but he also has to pay to replace the phone( $580). So would that mean he owes me $1060?
>>
>>53904070
No, he owes you a phone, nothing more. You bought it with a payment plan, so you're paying extra, but the phone he broke isn't worth as much.

If he breaks it, he replaces it at its market price, not the price you're paying for it.
>>
>>53903952
This is what you get for not using a good case

Also
>letting other people touch your phone
>ever

You deserve it
>>
>>53904070
but why would he have to pay for your retarded contract? are you some american hurr durr I'm going to sue piece of shit?
>>
>>53904100
>>53904134
nope just American hurr durr cant into maths

So he would pay me the original sum of the phone, which I have payed down to a certain extent, which I would use to pay off the debt of the crushed phone and then use the rest towards the replacement?
>>
>>53904302
You purchased a $580 phone on contract, and still owe $480. He owes you a new telephone, to replace the old handset, which you will continue to pay off as though it was the first one. He owes you one phone, not two. Also he's not going to pay.
>>
>>53904302
he should get you a new identical phone/equivalent sum of money to get that phone right now

you would still owe what you owe because of the contract

like you win nothing but the phone back
>>
File: Never trust kangaroos.webm (2 MB, 298x170) Image search: [Google]
Never trust kangaroos.webm
2 MB, 298x170
>>53903970
>the person intentionally grabbed it out of my hand and threw it on marble floor as hard as possible. They said they would write me a check
You need to learn the ways of the kangaroo.
>>
Who broke your phone and why, what the fuck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.