[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prototyping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: RGBControllerRenderedSmall.png (935 KB, 2250x1336) Image search: [Google]
RGBControllerRenderedSmall.png
935 KB, 2250x1336
>Prototyping with ESP8266 ESP12 and shift registers (74HC164)
>Using Paint.Net for layout

What program does /g/ use for Circuit Layout?
>>
/g/ rarely does electronics. Multisim is was my go to
>>
>>53893025
That's unfortunate, /g/ is the only place i figured would work with arduino here.
Can multisim output a design on the type of prototyping board in OP?
>>
>>53892674
just use eagleCad bro. if you really need to plan out something like this beforehand, maybe you need to work on your critical thinking skills.
>>
>>53892674

Fritzing is pretty decent, and it's free.
>>
>>53893107
Ever heard of measure twice cut once?
>>
>>53892674
Breadboards then paper.
Or gimp.
>>
>>53893087
Not that I know of, but it's honestly really weird that anyone would even ask for that.

You should be able to just layout the circuit with a breadboard or draw it on graph paper if you really feel that compelled
>>
>>53893158
This isn't cutting. That level of circuit design is basically legos
>>
>>53892674
>planning out a prototype board
>in paint
do it on a breadboard,. Transfer the parts one by one.

Jesus
>>
>>53893107
Why would you not plan something out before building it?
>>
>>53892674
Learned Eagle last semester and it was pretty decent. But by the time you're doing this step you should already know the design, and tested that it works.
>>
>>53893193
honestly just use graph paper bro. fuck all the rest of that shit.
>>
>>53893209
CAD programs will pick up flaws in the circuit you may not necessarily have picked up on graph paper. Doing things the old fashioned way isnt necessarily better.
>>
>>53893193
The components can only connect in one way. If you already have the circuit designed it is as simple as sticking them into the protoboard and soldering the connections
>>
>>53893234
the simplicity of the circuit he's doing doesnt warrant that much extra work though. I could wire his project up without any diagrams.
>>
>>53893234
I'm not that guy, but what flaws? It's an rgb controller. What he did to lay it out is objectively excessive.

If he were designing something more complex, then I agree, graph paper won't cut it, but like I said earlier. What he has is a step up from legos
>>
>>53893267
I could wire it up without a diagram but at the same time i was bored during a lecture and had paint on my computer

Im new to arduino ide and digital circuits so just looking for good free programs
>>
>>53892674
this
>>53893132
or this
http://www.staticfreesoft.com/

for free software to dick around with
>>
>>53893297
I'm the multisim guy. Use eagle if you are looking to design circuits. Please never make another paint abomination
>>
>>53892674
KICAD

On a related topic, what's a good program with UI for simulation, working on Linux? Don't feel like playing around with spice.
>>
>>53893342
Got a crack for eagle?
>>
>>53892674
logisim :^)
>>
>>53893365

the free version gets you everything you need really
>>
>>53893520
From what ive heard the boards are really small for the free version
>>
>>53893132
I'd recommend Fritzing too.
It supports stripboards like you're using.
>>
>>53893574
Excellent! il check that one out
>>
>>53892674
>expects /g/ to know shit about electronics
pffhaha
this sub4chan is only for dragon-dildos, headphones and RMS-worshipping
>>
>>53893608
>OP asks simple question
>gets fairly helpful replies

It sounds like your mad about something, but I can't figure out what it has to do with this thread.
>>
>>53893177
You could use pspice or any other spice program to test circuits on a pc vs. on a breadboard
>>
>>53893358
I could never find something usable for Linux.
Currently using LTSpice through wine.
>>
>>53893608
>RMS-worshipping
Root Means Squared?
why does /g/ worship the AC to DC voltage conversion?
>>
>>53893655
Yeah Eagle is for PCB design, if you're looking to test it you'll want to design it in pspice.
>>
>>53893736
I think you missed the point707
>>
>>53893574
>>53893132
Fritzing seems to be exactly what i was looking for
So far so good
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.