[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how long until the guvment starts crying because muh """"""""""terrorists""""""""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: whatsapp.jpg?itok=Yi7rqWo7.jpg (7 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
whatsapp.jpg?itok=Yi7rqWo7.jpg
7 KB, 195x195
So how long until the guvment starts crying because muh """"""""""terrorists"""""""""" can send each other encrypted messages, and basically all 1 billion of Whatsapp users can too, and there's FUCKING NOTHING they can do about it but cry about muh national """security"""?
>>
What is the purpose of WhatsApp exactly? It works just like the texts you so nd from your phone. I have no idea how its so popular or how its functional
>>
>>53889596
It costs no extra fees if you are using WiFi or have a mobile internet flat.
It can send multimedia content
It supports multichats / broadcasts
>>
>>53889596
It's way more functional and convenient than texting, and it's not tied to a texting plan/package.
>>
What's the purpose of all those quote marks exactly? It works just like a single pair of quotes. I have no idea why you do this.
>>
Many Android users keystrokes get sent over the air in cleartext through CarrierIQ anyway, so really they're just making it easier for the spooks, giving people an illusion of security so theyre more likely to divulge their secrets
>>
>>53889653
>What's the purpose of all those quote marks exactly?
To emphasize the irony.

>he didn't attend the 4chan 101 seminar
>>
>>53889625
Ok so are you telling me, it uses your phone to send and receive SMS and MMS from free as long as you're on WiFi? Now I would think the catch is the other person would be what'sapp too right
>>
>>53889923
Yeah, other person has to have the app too.

anyway whatsapp is closed-source and owned by facebook, so I'm skeptical that their security is worth anything. Or that Cuckerberg would fight the FBI if they told him to push a backdoored update. That said, it's positive that big players are even talking about end-to-end. Between Apple v. FBI and the Snooper's Charter in the UK, hopefully more outfits will be designing things so that even they have no way in.
>>
File: telegram_logo.png (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
telegram_logo.png
12 KB, 236x236
>>53889555
>how encryption works
>>
>>53890082
>Closed source memeware
Not trustworthy.
Use signal instead. open whisper systems is to be trusted.
>>
>>53890082
>telegram
Telegram's crypto has always been and continues to be fundamentally broken and flawed.
>>
>>53889996
why not just use kik then? i think more people have it than whatsapp, atleast the people i know
>>
>>53890942
Depends on what the people around you use

For example I can reach most people I know through WhatsApp but almost no one through kik.

I think Line is very popular in China so they'd be using that instead of kik WhatsApp or Facebook
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.