[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you refer to the internet as the "information superhighway"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: a series of tubes.jpg (231 KB, 1058x755) Image search: [Google]
a series of tubes.jpg
231 KB, 1058x755
Do you refer to the internet as the "information superhighway"? I do and it drives my boss up the wall.
>>
No, because I find ways to amuse myself that don't require me to be obnoxious to other people.
>>
Do you refer to annoying someone as driving them up the wall? I do and it really drives some guys nuts.
>>
>>53889578
let me just get my rooty-tooty sit-and-scooty
>>
>>53889578
Nice meme
>>
>>53889552
>being autistic
>>
>>53890609
//>check this meme
>>
>>53889552
Yes. Computers are the wave of the future, LOL.>>53889552
>>
>>53891209
what actually gets highlighted

class nigger {
dim fag1;
var fag2;
int fag3;
void jew() {}
}
nigger.jew();
>>
>>53891260
punctuation ({}();.)
types (void, class, var, int) not dim
who the fuck wrote this syntax parser jesus christ
>>
>>53889578

Do you tell the joke about the pirate with the ship's wheel sticking out of his pants? I do and it rustles people's jimmies.
>>
Ever had to deal with anyone that corrects you and insists it must be "lnternet" (capital l)
>>
>>53891710
well now you can cite the AP style guide against them.

Same for those faggots who insist on saying "the World Wide Web", "Web site", and so on.
>>
>>53889552
interwebz
>>
>>53889552
Why call it a highway? Maybe the connections make a highway, but what about hosts and servers? Should be more likened to a city/metropolis.
>>
>>53892423
This seriously rattles my gf's bones.

>>53892479
The idea is that information cruises down it at unreal speed.
>>
>>53889552

You ever wonder why everyone on 4chan tells off idiots instead of trying to spoonfeed them accurate information to not be idiots? Because on the internet; to hand it out like candy would be a waste. The web ain't a highway: it's an information blackmarket.
>>
>>53889552
Telling him the internet is carried via a series of tubes and make surfing jokes whenever you use your browser. He will enjoy that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.