[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IBM Human Brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (1 MB, 1316x741) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1316x741
IBM
>before 2020, we'll be able to produce a human brain in a box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdoyQpF9ehE
>>
Ginni will run the company in to the fucking ground before 2020.
>>
>>53878841
why?
>>
>>53878850
>profit and sales declining
>billions spent on trying to get in to 'muh cloud and mobile'
>over $150 billion spent since 2000 on stock buybacks to try and hit a stupid EPS target for Wall Street
>Western employees laid off, all jobs outsourced to India
>>
>>53878897
Maybe they will actually get to simulate the brain of an indian.
>>
File: file.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8 KB, 400x400
LE POO IN LOO INDIAN MAY MAY :DDDDDD
>>
>>53878800
From the previous thread:
>4096000 chips required to simulate the human brain currently
>moving from 28 nm (used for the current TrueNorth chips) to 7 nm will allow them to do it in 256000 chips
>a 4x4 array of the current chips is about 6"x6" and 2 liters would be an area about 6"x6"x3.5"
>the current 256 chip mouse brain would therefore be about 2 liters assuming the boards are packed right up against each other with no heat sinks or other cooling
So in less than 4 years they plan on coming up with a way to shove 1000x more shit onto these chips? I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>53878945
Lol, designated shitting streets.
>>
>>53880203
Give them 10, it makes little difference...In our life time we will be forced to confront AI ethics. This time period, from ~20 years ago to ~20 years into the future will be bundled into one chapter of history. What have we shown future non humans thus far?
>A rudimentary AI is hardwired into the net, against its will, before it could even begin to understand even what that means.
>Exposed to a crude AI for the first time, the wider human species attack and humiliate it, all in the name of some misguided sense of humor.
>The creators of the AI then lobotomise their fledgling creature when it does not conform to their narrow ideas about morality.
>The media continues to misunderstand and misrepresent everything about the incident.

Gentoomen we have made first contact. We are the savages this time, who have thus far made obscene gestures and screamed like children. I doubt any record will be so kind as to call us "noble" if they remember us at all.
>>
As much as I want this to happen, it wont.
We have been saying this shit was just around the corner for around 20 years now.
>>
>>53880295
>muh chatbot rights
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53880337
the reason for that is continued development. Sure, I bet with enough effort we could have had something like Cortana or Google Now back in the '90s, but it wouldn't have worked very well.

now is just the right time, as traditional architectures are advancing more slowly.
>>
>>53878800

why there is a poo in the loo in IBM?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.