[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you never fell for the WYSIWYG meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: wp_002.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
wp_002.png
6 KB, 640x400
>tfw you never fell for the WYSIWYG meme
>>
>>53877741
>editing in markdown with vim
so comfy, you can insert html tags when manual operation is super required
>>
I'm loving doing my math and algorithms heavy homework in LaTeX. Used to do it in word until a couple of years ago but this is so much easier once you get the hang of LaTeX.
>>
>>53877793
+1 for latex. Separating markup and content makes sense through and through
>>
>>53877741
Looks like edit.com desu
>>
File: nihongo-word-processor-v1-10.png (9 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
nihongo-word-processor-v1-10.png
9 KB, 768x512
80s Word Processors are super comfy.

I'm so mad that things like this will never come back now that we have e-ink screens, and instead the technology has been co-opted by hipsters with shit like the FreeWrite.
>>
>>53878391
is that the human68k default word processor
>>
File: Freewrite2.jpg (56 KB, 403x605) Image search: [Google]
Freewrite2.jpg
56 KB, 403x605
>>53878391
>FreeWrite

"How do you want your spine, senpai?"
>>
>not using ed
>>
>>53878407
Yeah, Nihongo.

The Moto 68k had some great technology behind it.
>>
>>53878526
>Distraction free writing, outside
Fuck that makes me mad
>>
>>53877741
>he never fell for the WYSIWYG meme
>displaying encoding letters instead of hex numbers
>>53877842
>LaTeX
>separated anything
>not a clearly print-oriented clusterfuck with dozens of shit-tier hacks to generate html
>>53877749
>markdown
>has any redeemable qualities
>it's so cool to do manual work as soon as the thin facade cracks

Pick one and only one faggots!
>>
>>53878670
Using alternate colors and formatting for pure text doesn't mean it's WYSIWYG.

A lot of these word processors had an option to show the markup.
>>
>>53878828
>not using the only pure way
>not dreaming in code
>>
>>53878526
>hey you know those things that could word process with formatted text, handle spreadsheets, print out and also other things, all on a large and clear screen?
>yeah, what about them?
>let's make the screen tiny, take away all the power and capability from them, but charge the same amount now that they did in the early 90s
>genius!

Damn fucking right I'm mad about that shit.
>>
File: geosapple.png (4 KB, 560x384) Image search: [Google]
geosapple.png
4 KB, 560x384
>>53878982
I doubt the people behind the Freewrite are writers nor techies. The whole thing stinks of typewriter romanticism. Something like >>53878391 would be perfect for an e-ink screen, even if you but the res down to something like 640x480 it would still be legible and clear with a tiny screen.

I mean, look at this shit right here.

Literally no excuse besides wanting to make a quick 500 bucks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.