[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RentingLock.com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: renitnglock.png (789 KB, 1024x729) Image search: [Google]
renitnglock.png
789 KB, 1024x729
Hi, im developer of this lock, tell me guys what you think about it ?
>>
>>53875824
>solution
Solution to what? What if the person decides to not go away?
>>
Stop shilling faggot
>>
Does it prevent the door from being kicked in?
>>
>>53875846
it has a built in mustard gas feature.
>>
>>53875824
Have you hired any experts to try and crack your lock? Any lock can be bypassed, but it would give your clients piece of mind if a professional lock breaker would say that your shit is good enough to prevent the average dindu from figuring it out. (minus knocking the whole door down)
>>
>>53875824
I can get into any room for however long as I want if I hack the server that generates the codes?

And, you'd have to patch every lock out there?
>>
You need someone to clean the room after the client has used it, just get that person to manage the key/combo
>>
>>53875824
So, basically you put a RFC 6238 based authenticator on a lock?
>>
These fags can't come up with anything good to critique it. Looks like you're golden OP
>>
>>53876219
Here
>>53875846
>>
>>53875824
A better idea is an NFC based lock that uses an app to unlock it.

Oh wait, that doesn't work on iPhones.
>>
the centrifugal torque on that handle is absolute shit
>>
File: no_hope.png (113 KB, 760x1023) Image search: [Google]
no_hope.png
113 KB, 760x1023
>Relies on proprietary software
>Doesn't work if the website goes down

If only stealth saging was still a thing.
>>
>>53875824
>that lock on a door I can open with a kick or a fucking clip
>>
>>53875824
looks vintage, I'll like that but if it was the 2nd riced choice
>>
>>53877483

>muh foss

foss will keep running if the site goes down?
>>
It doesn't seem to have been audited by security experts, I bet it's full of trivial holes.
>>
>>53875824

K E Y G E N
E
Y
G
E
N
>>
>doesn't require an internet connection
How?
>>
>>53879891
probably works with a sim card
>>
>>53879896
>cell connection for every lock sold
You're retarded.
>>
Are you using Slock.it technology?
>>
>>53879891
I think it needs some kind of connection at least when the passwords are generated, then it's autonomous until the next update. Now, what if I found a way to know how the websites authenticates itself to the locks and spoof that?
>>
>>53879906
>customers can't buy their own sim card for it to work
nigga gtfo luddite piece of shit
>>
>>53875824
Looks like it'd be susceptible to hardware hacks anon.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.