[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought pic related. No OS included. I'm planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: laptop.png (270 KB, 1112x599) Image search: [Google]
laptop.png
270 KB, 1112x599
I just bought pic related. No OS included. I'm planning to dualboot Windows 7 and Linux. What distro would you guys recommend? No a serious ricer but can read at a high school level.
>>
Can that thing even read emails.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>53866634
No idea brah but it was 100 jewbux and at least i know i'm not getting adware
>>
If you want to fuck around for the better part of a week configuring everything get Arch. If you want everything set up for you use Manjaro with whatever WM you want, or get the net version and install your own desktop environment.

I'm running Arch and Awesome right now, but if I could go back and do it all over I would have just used Manjaro net edition to avoid wasting hours configuring drivers and shit.
>>
>>53866634
It reads your mom's emails all the time.
>>
>>53866676
>meme distro and meme distro derivative
lel just install debian
>>
>>53866676
Why do you insist on perpetuating this nonsense? What do you have to gain?
>>
If you paid more than $50 for it you got ripped.
>>
>>53866676
I tried manjina and all I got was a black screen.
>>
>>53866708
>>53866722
That laptop has a 2GHz processor. If I were setting it up I'd put as little as possible on it, and that means Arch/Manjaro. The whole Debian branch is cool too for those who prefer something other than terminal, but I prefer text to pictures.
>>
>>53866738
Happened to me when I tried it too, which is why I decided to use Arch and waste my life setting it up.
>>
>>53866661
Windows 7 is the OS that gets the adware.
>>
>>53866779
That's why I'll be partitioning a dualboot. I might just skip Win7 if I can get Linux to boot from USB.
>>
>>53866676
Manjaro lxqt looks painless, I'll go with that
>>
I actually have that laptop. It is a complete piece of shit. A $100 tablet is better.
>>
>>53867073
I bought it because $100 jewbux is nothing and it gives me a piece of hardware to fuck around linux with. i'm just getting started after falling for the windows 10 meme, be gentle senpai
>>
>>53866608
Bodhi linux
>>
holy fuck why would you get that? Even when they were new core2duos sucked dick
>>
Put SSD in it.
>>
>>53867214
remember when all the pc magazines were like WOW CORE 2 DUO IS THE FUTURE
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.