[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NoScript. When did you grow out of it, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: NoScriptLogo.png (67 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
NoScriptLogo.png
67 KB, 250x250
NoScript. When did you grow out of it, /g/?
>>
When I read
>>53859900
>>
>>53865038
If you read the article it happened back in 2009
>>
>>53865019
Dropped it as soon as I discovered Policeman.
And then I dropped Policeman as soon as uMatrix was ported to Firefox.
>>
when uMatrix came around to Firefox.
>>
>>53866025
just got umatrix. so much better, then script muncher
>>
As soon as I started using LibreJS.
There are three websites that I have whitelisted (4chan being one of them, though that's not really a good idea) in it and I probably won't change that anytime soon.
If a website refuses to work without JS, fuck that website.
>>
>>53865019
When uMatrix appeared.
>>
when I learned to stop worrying and love the jewscript
>>
File: bump.jpg (42 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
42 KB, 350x197
>>53866453
>If a website refuses to work without JS, fuck that website.
>>
>>53866494
hey anon i got this url you should click on
>>
>>53865950
umatrix and noscript serve different purposes, they don't replace each other. Same with policeman.
>>
>>53867072
policeman is hardcore. a mindfuckery more than an addon.
>>
>>53867072
umatrix has more functionality than no script. Internet is truly disgusting now, these types of programs just open your eyes to botnet, data harvest net and spook net.
>>
>>53867133
bot.net
data-harvest.net
spook.net

WHO
'' NEVER STORE ANY COOKIE WHATSOEVER ''
HERE
>>
I just moved on to a better script blocker, the internet of today is totally unusable without it. I wish I didnt have to use it, and really do sympathies with little tommy dickweed who cant pay to keep his blog alive, but maybe if the jews made reasonable ads or reasonably optimized websites that dont require 30 different scripts to load every page refresh, I wouldnt need it.
>>
File: sup.gif (637 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
sup.gif
637 KB, 500x284
>>53867133
>open your eyes
your already in hell
>>
>load a website with NoScript on
>fonts are all fucked up
what the fug?
>>
>>53867133
http://spook.net/
>>
any better noscript addon included XSS protection?
>>
>>53867195
>load a web site blocking scripts
>nothing works
>just an announcement that you need javascript
>enable the script for that domain
>now nothing loads

I didn't even notice when you couldn't reply on 4chan without JS anymore.

>>53867168
I'm starting to get really disenfranchised with the web because of this. It all used to be so simple...

I guess I could always turn in to one of those crazy BBS autists...
>>
>>53867356
Well yea 4chan needs data collected from every user, in case while you express your opinions governments get interest into shutting you down - they need full details.
>>
i didn't. it all just kinda merged in with my usual browsing habits. Just gotta backup my whitelist and alls good.
>>
Never used it, because I'm not retarded.
>>
>>53867187
>your
grammarhell
>>
>>53867791
They can do that with IP address only.
>>
>>53867871
I'm just so fucking tired of the "temporarily enabling every script on a website to get it working and then systematically disabling them one by one to pinpoint that crucial script that is absolutely required to use the website" thing. I've been doing this shit for over 5 years. I just want websites to work, goddammit.
>>
>>53868836
lol get with the times grandpa

In all seriousness, I hate it too. And I hate how much of a habit disabling and enabling scripts has become. I breath a sigh of relief (also relaxation) when I find a site that doesn't ask such things of me.
>>
I see no sense in clicking 5 minutes before a site can be usable.

so 2012 maybe. tried it a few times but it didnt really tickle my fancy. there is nothing gained with enabling scripts click by click, unless you are using TOR or happen to come across one of those sites with hacked ads, but for these I got ublock anyway.
>>
>>53867168
This. I grew up in the '90s and the web now just makes me sick. Slowing down my fucking quad core i7? Really? Fuck your site.
>>
>>53866453
This, hence why i browse 4chan with clover because fuck JavaScript umatrix+noscript+ublock origin here
>>
When I had a fresh install of Firefox, didn't bother installing it, and didn't notice a difference

The reason I originally got it was back in the day of rickrolls. That basically doesn't happen anymore
>>
>>53869313
https everwhere
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.