[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I pay for this? I want to leave gmail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Should I pay for this? I want to leave gmail
>>
>>53862006
yes, their team consists of non retards that all worked at CERN
>>
>>53862047
>non retards
>get infected with cryptolocker with no backups then pay the ransome
>>
>>53862047
>their team consists of non retards that all worked at CERN

Not so sure about that, there was the whole DDoS debacle where they ended up paying the blackmailers thousands of euros just to get attacked even worse.
>>
>>53862006
doesn't really matter if who you're sending to has gmail
>>
>>53862102
it's a step in the right direction. you can always bug people to switch.
>>
Host it yourself.
>>
>>53862102
After latest prima aprilis, some user might switch
>>
>>53862076
Mouth breather detected.

At least get your facts straight.
>>
>>53862207
Is this even an option? As far as I know only their webclient is open source atm.
>>
>>53862283
>Is this even an option?
Yes, it's called a mail server.
>>
>>53862312
That's not much safer than gmail then...
>>
>>53862334
It's almost certainly less safe, but it's not getting data mined.
>>
>>53862334
That just depends on your own configuration.
>>
>>53862351
Well anything that passes thru the us is. Anything that goes to one of the big email companies is. Only yandex and private servers are actually safe
>>
tl;dr: safe email is an illusion, don't waste your time.
>>
>>53862420
This. Stop being so paranoid.
>>
>>53862407
Well, it's not all getting data mined by the same party. Your connections to the mail server aren't being monitored in respect to your location, user agent, etc.
And as for the passing through the US part, if your crypto isn't provided by a US company, dunno, is there anything to suggest they can crack that?
> yandex
Yeah, if there's one thing Kremlin is known for it's their staunch commitment to the freedom and privacy of individuals.
>>
>>53862006
Yes goyim
>>
Are these the guys that got the entire service ransomed?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.