[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you didn't fall for the http meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: gopher.png (20 KB, 660x331) Image search: [Google]
gopher.png
20 KB, 660x331
>tfw you didn't fall for the http meme
>>
How are you browsing /gee/ then?
>>
>>53857739
einchan@einchan god jp
Pass is ein

Add the periods yourself
>>
File: bbses.jpg (67 KB, 468x222) Image search: [Google]
bbses.jpg
67 KB, 468x222
>he fell for the web meme
>>
>>53857799
Is it still active ?
>>
File: 1437914429947.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1437914429947.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>53858143
If TPP passes...
will the BBS days return?

Will I hear that glorious handshake of yore...
>>
>>53858554
revival of usenet soon?
its funny actually usenet group discussions for tech groups are indistinquishable from /g/.
its actually rather scary.
>>
>>53858587
Minus the cancerous e-peen threads?
>>
>>53858683
no i swear to god.
look at old usenet discussion logs.
gaming groups are indistinquisable from /v/.
in many cases the shitposting was even worse.
the elitism of tech related groups even surpases arch and thinkpad threads.
its amazing.
>>
>>53858710
So this is the last bastion and cultural reserve of the old Internet?
>>
>>53858738
where else can you name the jew and laugh at stupid shit without any consequences?
i mean where can you call someone a nigger or faggot for saying something stupid and wrong without hurting their feelings.
getting banned on usenet was just as hard as getting banned here.
>>
>>53858765
>without any consequences
Don't mess with football.
>>
>>53858738
The fact that we have the Eternal Summer mentality is credit to that, since it's an imageboard version of the Eternal September.

Not to mention that we're anonymous to each other, which isn't so far removed from the handles of the past. Whether I'm called Anonymous or Curly or whatever doesn't matter since they're both not my real name.

The idea that you don't tell the internet your name is also dated these days.
>>
This thread reminds me of the week I spent bopping around BBSs on a pi with qodem.

Haven't had as much fun on "the web" for a long time. I stopped when I realised how much of an autist I must have looked like.
>>
>>53857739
But you're posting on 4chan retard.
>>
>>53859561
What if he's not and you just think he is?
>>
>>53857775
https
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.