[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ you consider yourselves as "real hackers".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: grub-01.png (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
grub-01.png
6 KB, 640x480
So /g/ you consider yourselves as "real hackers". Let me ask you, what options does everyone use when booting their kernel? I'm assuming we're talking about using Grub2. Currently I'm experimenting with strace, but it's just a dog of an amount of information dumped at once. And don't give ways to make it look at ricey, I mean actual useful boot configs

Any good kernel parameters you always boot up with?

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
>>
>>53851458
The fucking defaults you "hacker" faggot
You're using manjaro, drop the ego
>>
>>53851477

>>implying that screenshot is of my own box
>>
>>53851477
Sooper Seekrit Klubhause
>>
Used to pass in a custom vga flag to get 1366x768 framebuffer before the days of automatic modesetting. It was a bitch to find documentation on, probably still is. You'll find a lot of resolutions but not that one
>>
>>53851458
booting linux doesn't make you a real hacker
>>
>>53851632
Yeah, you probably use kali.
>>
I only have one OS on my hard drive

My tower boots str8 into the desktop
>>
>>53851458
I only ever messed with boot params on poorly supported hardware (baytrail platform) and when running Xen.. Otherwise it's usually fine.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.