[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ could you help me with ip addresses I'm confused as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
>>
>>53843677
/stupid questions thread/
>>
What do you need?
>>
So for several months my wii u can't play with other people online because my modem blocks the connection, the only way for it to work is if i assign my wii u a public ip but it keeps on coming up with the message that i have to renew it. Im super confused what do i have to renew?
>>
>>53843687
>>53843718

It's asking for me too renew the ip but i've done that for my console several times and nothing changed
>>
>>53843718
Your Internet provider gives you public IP address for a period of few days, it probably asks you to get new address (shouldn't that be automatic?) after the lease is over.
>>
>>53843761

The public ip hasn't changed for a few years, this message has only come up just recently. Should I just contact my provider and ask them about it?
>>
>>53843792
I doubt you have static IP address, 90% of people have dynamic IP address.

Note that your REAL ip is NOT a number that starts with 192.168.... or 10...., that's just private ip address for your home lan network.

My guess is that you can set some automatic DHCP request on your Wii or your router (that will assign you new ip address when you need one) or that your ISP all of a sudden decided that you will get dynamic ip addresses instead of static ones (but i seriously doubt that)
>>
>>53843847

Seems like my server uses static ip, I guess i found my problem then, thanks anon
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.