[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any help with my nexus 5? It had shut itself off during the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: red_nexus_5_play_store.jpg (65 KB, 635x475) Image search: [Google]
red_nexus_5_play_store.jpg
65 KB, 635x475
Any help with my nexus 5? It had shut itself off during the night and wouldn't go past the flying dots animation of boot - it always froze and shut off.

I have tried:

>Recovery mode: Clear cache partition (failed to mount /cache (invalid argument))
>Unlock bootloader, flash twrp recovery to see if any data could be saved: nope, all gone with the unlock wipe
>Try normal factory reset with twrp (fails to mount every partition and storage)
>Try to install factory image (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#instructions), fails to write bootloader. (remote: flash write failure)

I have never done anything android-related ever, everything I did is based on research I conducted today.
>>
>>53842084
>falling for the epic smartphone meme in the first place
>>
>>53842180
I'm a super normie man
>>
>>53842226
I was only kidding, probably just take it to the service centre or something?
>>
>>53842271
I'm broke as fuck, just trying to find if there is anything i could do to fix this
>>
Shameless bump, I have no money for a new phone or repairs here
>>
Try removing and putting back the battery
>>
File: 1329368392824.jpg (19 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1329368392824.jpg
19 KB, 241x230
>>53843478
>>
>>53842084
take it to the LG store
>>
Mine had a similar symptom, but it turned out to be the power button getting in a stuck state. It still clicks, but it acts like it is being held in. Can power phone on, but it will turn off at different intervals. Tried pulling it apart and spraying with contact cleaner, but no good. Found another forum where they suggested smacking it against a table. Did that, now fixed.
>>
It's pretty obvious.
Your rom chip is corrupted.
You're doomed, if you can't flash a factory image.
Even if it was in warranty it would be useless because you had to pretend your knew about flashing and shit, by loading twrp and custom rom probably.

If you're gonna be using custom roms don't spend on a flashship phone, use a Chinese clone.

I really think that you spent a lot of money for a meme. Try a iPhone next time rich Fag
Saludos cordiales
>>
>>53844386
It's from google play store, someone said their warranty doesn't care if I have unlocked the phone. Not that I'd have any left though, their warranty is 1 year long afaik.

I didn't even use a custom rom ever, I never tinkered with anything prior to this. It suddenly just died.

Time to buy a cheapass used android shit and install a some light rom on it
>>
>>53842084
Your phone is in a bootloop. Use wug fresh rootkit. Also try pressing the power button rapidly for a minute or to. That's how I fixed mine.
>>
>>53845325
Then why twrp?
>>
>>53842084
I'm guessing adb push doesn't work?
>>
>>53842084
I'm currently on my 4th Nexus 5. It's a power button error, this has happened to me on every one I've owned
>>
>>53845677
twrp to see if I could get any of my files back.

>>53845719
push seems to work, what could I use it for? Remember, complete newb here.

>>53845461
>>53845810
Did I already fuck up then when I tried messing with flashing?
>>
>>53846446
Push a rom, try to flash it through TWRP. If you can push a file, your NAND probably isn't dead.
>>
>>53846497
Yup, pushing works, tried with a blank .txt.
By pushing a rom, do I push one of the .zips from here(https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#hammerhead) after untarring them?
>>
Flashed stock recovery to try the factory reset there, is it normal for it to take over 30min just to format /data?
>>
>>53842084
Sounds like a corrupted nand. Not much can be done about it.
>>
>>53847566
He
and the cunt here
>>53844386
are right op, stop wasting time lol
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.