[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After spilling water sd reader stopped working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: laptop-vs-water.jpg (45 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
laptop-vs-water.jpg
45 KB, 450x338
I accidentally spilt a mugful of water all over my Asus Zenbook UX305. I immediately turned it off, unplugged it and dried it. After a night of drying it works normally except the sd reader which doesn't work and is not recognized by the system. What do? It's basically a brand new computer, I got it last month. I'm hesitant to open the case as I have 22 months of warranty left and I would definitely lose it.

>inb4 you're an idiot
>inb4 you're a faggot
>inb4 kill yourself
>>
>>53839656
you're an idiot faggot, kill yourself
>>
>>53839686
take your meds, kid.
>>53839656
next time keep your mug away from the pc, the card reader is most likely burned. tell em that after 2 months you realized the SD card reader wasn't working (your first use)
>>
>>53839656
OP can't inb4
>>
I always thought that you were supposed to leave it drying for a week?

Also op this may sound really risky and stupid but try and lay your laptop in rice. It sucks out the moisture but be careful with ports.

That could fix your sd reader
>>
>>53839686
thanks 4chan
>>
>>53839710
>tell em that after 2 months you realized the SD card reader wasn't working (your first use)

you have a warranty, use it moron. otherwise SD card reader doesn't work: nothing of value was lost.
>>
then have the laptop replaced or repaired under warranty dumb fuck
>>
>>53839747
This really!!!!
>>
Your warranty will be gone now anyway. It will have water damage indicators.
Try and take it up with the shop, don't let them pass it on to the manufacturer.
>>
Im afraid overnight drying is not enough
>>
Sdcard reader cost like 1-3 USD to buy new
>>
water and laptops don't work together
worse would be having the battery in while the water had flowed over the MOBO
short curcuiting everything

One Dead laptop
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.