[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
switch to FF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Firefox-logo.png (816 KB, 2000x1917) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-logo.png
816 KB, 2000x1917
Been using Chrome for a while now since FF was being a slow POS.

Should I return to FF? Or is there something even better?
>>
>>53835699
at this point it is the same browser, different logo.
>>
>>53835699
I've been using waterfor / firefox for the last 1 - 2 years, two weeks ago I went to try Iridium ( debloated Chromium ).

I have to admit, it was pretty much exactly the same experience, maybe youtube was a little smoother - everything else absolutely the same.
And by smoother I don't mean quality of video - just general feel... after all Chromium has some html5 features which were not implemented in firefox yet... SO IT'S JUST FUCKING SAME shit but better optimized on Firefox + added freedom and infinite customization.

I went back on Firefox now because of lack of customization and shitty everything interface related on Chrome

This is my opinion tho, but note this - more people use firefox the better it gets, or so to speak it stays as good as it is now forever.
>>
>>53835699
The only legitimate reasons to use Firefox right now are extensions, security and customization. If you're fine with what Chromium based browsers have to offer, there's no point in using it.

I'm trying to dump Firefox in favor of something else, but every other browser looks like shit and doesn't let me change its UI the way I want to.
>>
Just use Safari; I mean, you have switch to MacOSX already haven't you?
>>
File: 054-8215X_0001_front.jpg (112 KB, 800x1115) Image search: [Google]
054-8215X_0001_front.jpg
112 KB, 800x1115
I'm in the opposite position. I want to know if Chrome is lifhter than Firefox and can I freeze unused tabs to save ram like I do on Firefox because I'm on a 4GB ram tablet
>>
>>53835912
Funny thing is I do on most of my devices.
>>
>>53835699
FF allows you to do the following:

toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled;false
toolkit.telemetry.reportingpolicy.firstRun;false
toolkit.telemetry.unified;false
datareporting.healthreport.logging.consoleEnabled;false
datareporting.healthreport.service.enabled;false
datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled;false
datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled;false
accessibility.blockautorefresh;true
browser.fixup.alternate.enabled;false
browser.newtabpage.enabled;false
browser.newtabpage.enhanced;false
browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab;false
geo.enabled;false
keyword.enabled;false
media.autoplay.enabled;false
network.dns.disablePrefetch;true
network.http.speculative-parallel-limit;0
network.prefetch-next;false
privacy.donottrackheader.enabled;true

Add NoScript and done.
>>
>>53835943
You use Safari on Windows even though it's outdated??? What the h*ck.
>>
>>53835712
>at this point it is the same browser, different logo.

chrome's web dev tools are infinitely better
>>
Firefox is still slow compared to Chrome. I use FF for the addons
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.