[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm one year into my software engineering degree at university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
I'm one year into my software engineering degree at university

how fucked am I?

what's the likelihood of my job getting outsourced to india in the next decade?
>>
>>53835322
you should inject meth on your dick
>>
Less likely than you think. Companies aren't looking for people with a single skill so much anymore. In India they bootcamp a language and that's all they know.

Just work hard, and you'll be fine faggot.
>>
You fell for the meme kek. Also, nice dubs.
>>
>>53835348
>Just work hard, and you'll be fine faggot.
what does that entail?
>>
>>53835348
does this apply to comp sci too ;_;
>>
>>53835322
>software engineering

what the fuck is that is a question you should get used to OP
>>
>>53835434
why?

>>53835375
what's the meme?
>>
>>53835322
outsource yourself to india
>>
>>53835625
Every fucking thing's a fucking meme fucking fucker get the fucking fuck out fuckface.
>>
>>53835405
>>53835390
If you guys are thus clueless then you're fucked
>>
>>53835322
disguise yourself as a curry nigger
then you will be the one doing the outsourcing. :)
>>
>>53835322
Better start learning how to speak Sanskrit buddy.
>>
dont know what a software engineering degree is, but just don't be one of those losers who just goes to class, gets good grades, then spends the all their spare time playing league of legends. make stuff in your off time, even just the smallest of things, and put them up on your git. get at least an internship before graduating, the more real experience you can get the better

>how fucked am I?
>what's the likelihood of my job getting outsourced to india in the next decade?
you will be really fucked and be replaced by sumayeed rajeej from india if you think you can get by with no real effort. This is my experience keeping up with people I met in college, those who put the effort in more often than not had offers out of college, those who didn't care reaped what they sowed
>>
>>53835322
It's better than falling for the 'hard' engineering memes.
>>
I love how companies I worked for who DID ship their code work to India got shit code back.

Karma, bitches
>>
>>53835322
Do a minor in EEE
>>
>>53835405
If you studied computer science because you have an interest in a programming job, then you're fucked. Don't study CS because you want to become a programmer.
>>
>>53836702
I don't want to become a programmer. I could do it, but it's not my goal. I just want to join some tech company and get expatriated somewhere so I can leave this shitty country.
>>
>>53837112
you better not be talking about america buster, I'll type very angrily at you.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.