[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amd zen benchmarks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: AMd zen.png (41 KB, 620x281) Image search: [Google]
AMd zen.png
41 KB, 620x281
first benchmarks leaked
http://techfrag.com/2016/04/02/first-amd-zen-benchmarks-leaked/
>>
fake and gqy
>>
http://www.bitsandchips.it/english/52-english-news/6811-first-zen-benchmarks-the-next-amd-uarch-is-a-major-step-forward
>>
gj AMD
>>
>>53833394
>In terms of the DDR4 bandwidth, AMD Zen appears to be on par with the Core i7-6700K CPU, with CPU Hash around three times better than the Hash score of the i7-5820K, and even slightly better than a 20 core Xeon.

Noice
>>
>>53833394
Those screens were confirmed as an April Fool's joke by bitsandchips.

What is true however is that A0 stepping Engineering samples of the 8c die are out in the wild, and that they have a 3ghz base clock.

Apparently, whatever info intel has on it, likely through their own simulations, scared them enough to make an unlocked 10c SKU.
>>
So April fools on that hash, guess we might see some more leaked info the next couple weeks.
>>
File: 1459598612437.jpg (44 KB, 708x708) Image search: [Google]
1459598612437.jpg
44 KB, 708x708
>>53834342
Oh no, now AMD has to live up to the joke otherwise they'll be the butt of it.
>>
>>53833434
>the score about CPU Hash benchmark is three times better than the score of the i7-5820K. Good, but not fantastic

>is three times better
>Good, but not fantastic

What exactly constitutes fantastic then? I think AMD is fucking back.

inb4 April Fools
>>
>>53834366
Pretty much, but from what is already known about Zen from various leaks, its going to at least make parity with Intel's stuff, maybe a little weaker, for the consumer hardware.

Their high end server stuff on the otherhand will be interesting, as the CERN leak said they have a 32c Zen design (2x 16c dies, or possibly 4x 8c dies if they can cram all 4 on the same package) that straight up beats anything intel can do on core count.
>>
It's Zen+ that will make or break AMD.
>>
Should I just buy a graphics card/case/powersupply/fan and wait for Zen?
>>
>>53835265
no
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.