[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>£120 code cracker that can unlock an iPhone in six hour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>£120 code cracker that can unlock an iPhone in six hours: so hands up, FBI, why did it take you FOUR months to access jihadi's phone?
>Device, called an IP Box, can be purchased openly on the internet
>Mail on Sunday investigation showed it took just six hours to crack code
>FBI entered battle with Apple to unlock phone of San Bernardino shooter
>After two month stalemate, FBI announced it unlocked the phone last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3520836/120-code-cracker-unlock-iPhone-six-hours-hands-FBI-did-FOUR-months-access-jihadi-s-phone.html
>>
>>53833032
It does not work on iOS 9, which the article mentions is what was on the SB shooter phone.
>>
>>53833032

Most of that legal battle, didn't really regard cracking the phone as much as it did the FBI getting a backdoor into the OS. Which would obviously be very beneficial to the FBI.
>>
>>53833032
From the article: "iPhones run on computer programs called operating systems".

That is just comically put - the Daily Mail must have a retarded audience. How could this need elaboration?
>>
>>53834013
I think it's more the incompetence of the dailymail writers.
>>
i always thought it was a game of politics

if the FBI openly states that they unlocked the user's iphone, then it's the people vs. the FBI
if the FBI successfully gets Apple to unlock it, then it's the people vs. Apple

both parties are capable of unlocking it, they just want the other party to do it so as not to look like the bad guy
>>
>>53834897
I really wouldn't give readers of the daily shite that much credit... They may be a step ahead of people who read The Sun, but the only people who read the The Sun un-ironically are complete yobbos.
>>
>>53833032
>why did it take you FOUR months
:^)
>>
>>53834941
That's kind of it, except for the FBI it's less public perception and more trying to use this as a wedge to get keys to unlock all iPhones directly from Apple.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.