[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Website Ricing Autism Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-02_154704.png (34 KB, 1387x847) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02_154704.png
34 KB, 1387x847
Any of you theme up websites you often visit?
Any of you actually make user styles?

I'm actually interested in learning a bit about making my own styles, since i have the free time to fuck around now, and i decided to just learn something randomly that i will at least use.
I downloaded some e-book [HTML And CSS - Design And Build Websites by Jon Duckett or something],
and i have a general outline now on how websties are built and some basic stuff. Pretty nice to know.

As far as i understand, JavaScript is mainly used for injecting CSS and HTML right?
I often see it on Wordpress shit and other sites.
Any recommended e-books on Javascript?

Also, if you have any themes for any websites to show off, you are free to dump it here if you want.
>>
>public trackers

get a load of this shithead
>>
>>53824207
>muh sikrit clubs
off yourself
>>
>>53824207
The Balkans don't give a fuck about copywrong infringement, so i also don't give a fuck by effect.
>>
>>53824189

I use a few addons to make Wikipedia and YouTube dark. It's much easier on my eyes as I stay up late. I just use Stylish addons and don't write them myself.
>>
>>53824189
How'd you do that textured green?
>>
>>53824537
I didn't do anything.
There's a specific site that uses that theme: tpb.run
But there's also a CSS file with it if you want to find out:
https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-announces-climate-redesign-160401/

the specific CSS pastebin link in the article:
http://pastebin.com/1L70qK9G
>>
>>53824218
but privtrackers are always better in selectiond and quality
>>
>>53825063
Yeah, if you have upload speeds of above 50 kb/s, and the ability to utilize them in the first place when seed/leech ratios are so fucked that you barely ever have a chance to upload a single megabyte in order to "keep that d/u ratio that keeps you from getting banned".
Fuck that shit. Takes a fucking month, an optimistic estimate, to give back on a 1GB size of content that you downloaded.
Then there's also that special snowflake torrent client setup rules for some of those special snowflake sites.
And then the stupid retarded fucking interviews that any anti-pirate cunt can pass, which renders them obsolete for protection purposes.

I'd have less of a hassle trying to get employed into the KGB as an American.
>>
>>53825146
A lot of trackers moved away from that because essential a few people with seedboxes just hog all the upload credit. Now you get credit for just trying to seed it for a couple days. Usually they ask for 2-3 days of trying to seed and they give you credit for it. Depends how big the files are but it's very reasonable now.
>>
>>53825571
Really? My pardon then.
I'd be willing to seed for a time-limit, even if it's a week worth of registered hours. But that ratio stuff can go suck a dick.
>>
>>53824537
Thats pretty clever actually they did that

opacity: 0.6;
filter: alpha(opacity=5);
pointer-events: none;
background-image: url(../../../../../../../../../../static/img/scanline.png);
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
z-index: 9999999;
top: 0;
left: 0;
position: fixed;

basically its just an image with a .6 opacity over everything.
I didn't know that
pointer-events: none;
could be used so you can put a div above everything and still get link, input etc... to work as if they were "above" the overlay div
>>
>>53825670
Yeah a lot of people saw how dumb it was. A couple dozen seedboxes pretty much covers all of a private torrents users so it wasn't a good idea to keep that system around. It's very much worth it now to join a PTT.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.