[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is it appropriate to show off your power level /g/? Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: eminem-espn-interview-face.jpg (36 KB, 422x337) Image search: [Google]
eminem-espn-interview-face.jpg
36 KB, 422x337
When is it appropriate to show off your power level /g/? Is it ever?

I was in class a couple days ago and there was a group of guys talking about their "gaming computers" in the most plebeian way possible. One guy kept pronouncing it "Ndivia" and it took every fiber of my being not to get up and punt him square in the testicles.

Am I more autistic than them given the fact that this upset me so much?
>>
>>53818796
Even if you show them your power level they wont give a fuck about anything you say.
>>
NEVER EXPOSE POWER LEVEL TO NORMIES
>>
>>53818917
this

unless you want to be saying 'did you try pluging it in' for a deal of time in the future, and being mislabeled a hacker for using a terminal.
>>
>>53818796
>Am I more autistic than them given the fact that this upset me so much?
yes
>>
>ndivia

what the h*ck?
>>
>>53818917
>>53818943
You guys are fucking clowns.

Protip: they ask because they know you'll say yes; since you nerds think you might get laid for soldering Stacy's new CPU

People know I am good with computers but they never try to waste my time with stupid problems like this
>>
>>53819274
people don't know i computer and never ask me how
>>
>>53819274
if you arn't getting people coming up to you through word of mouth you arn't that good.

who the fuck are you calling a nerd?
>>
>>53819323
Good for you anon, although it must be lame not being able to speak about your hobbies out of fear that you might be the most enlightened being in the room; I mean, there's no way anybody who doesn't wear MLP tees and fedoras will have a clue about computers

>>53819331
Nah I'm not a computer repair man; although when using other people's laptops I HAVE to install an adblocker just to use the Internet. A friend asked for help with a website once but I actually helped out that time & we hooked up after fwiw
>>
File: 1458849817015.jpg (121 KB, 892x960) Image search: [Google]
1458849817015.jpg
121 KB, 892x960
I pop in and show my power level occasionally when people are so blatantly wrong about something while being smug because they think no one can disprove them. I've had a few people like this in some of my tier 3 (highest tier) classes when I was finishing up my degree. I mean you would think in a class that is meant for people who know their shit, liars and bullshitters would be more mindful of the crap they spew. But you'd be wrong.

>Nvidia video cards don't work with linux because you have to pay Nvidia so they'll send you Custom Linux firmware and a tool to flash the card
>I always recommend power supplies 500w above what will be needed because of overclocking headroom

This and much more. Then they go on and talk about League of Legends for the next 2 hours while the professor tries to teach.
>>
>>53819390
I've got bad news about your degree.
It's shit
>>
File: 1459387634699.gif (73 KB, 1000x303) Image search: [Google]
1459387634699.gif
73 KB, 1000x303
>>53819414
yea it's ok. Associates degree in Network Administration from a community college as it was all I could afford at the time. Going onto a 4 year soon to grab my Bachelor's degree. My current non-IT job pays for school while paying me decent hourly rate too so all is not completely lost.

>tfw by the time I finish my bachelors degree, I'll be making $30/hr at a non IT job and will probably do nothing with my degree as I'm too comfortable with the money and easy work.

Worse fates I suppose.
>>
>>53818796
Showing off your power level is ALWAYS bad.
i made that mistake and now everyone thinks I'm some sort of computer genius. let tech illiterates be illiterate.
>>
>>53819500
You think that people think that.

For example, I do that to people all the time but they don't ever realize that I am subtly making fun of them
>>
>>53818796
> Am I more autistic than them
Yes. That shouldn't bother you. Just do what you did before, they'll recognize you eventually.
>>
>>53818796
Most people have enough social awareness to know if people will actually care what you have to say.
Even nerds know not to nerd out in front of non-nerds because you're just gonna come off as autistic.

Also, yeah, you're fucking autistic.
>>
>>53819185
Where I come from, that's a salad.
>>
>>53819505
they actually know. they just feel sorry for you because you're mentally challenged.
>>
>>53820461
>projecting
>>
>>53818796
Well, trying and failing to start a conversation about Thinkpads with your classmate (who happens to have one) on the assumption they might use /g/, even though the class couldn't be less related to computers and you're just trying not to sit silently, awkwardly, because you haven't done any work and plan to drop out soon definitely isn't an appropriate time to show your power level.

Not that I would know. I mean, whoever would try something so stupid? Not me. That's for sure. You, maybe.
>>
>>53820501
>Well, trying and failing to start a conversation about Thinkpads with your classmate (who happens to have one) on the assumption they might use /g/,
Lmao that is such a dumb thing to assume. Plenty of people use thinkpads

Also if you started talking to me in memes I would pretend I didn't know what 4chan was
>>
>>53820528
If it wasn't an entirely ridiculous hypothetical that nobody would ever do and even fewer would admit to, it wouldn't have been a concrete assumption so much as a shot in the dark. Similarly, if this actually happened, which it did not and never would, there were no memes involved because the imaginary conversation that only exists in the realm of fiction didn't go anywhere. (And truth be told the imaginary starter would've been embarrassed if it had gone into memespouting.)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.