[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain to me why people still use this retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1280x800
Can someone please explain to me why people still use this retarded distro?

Fuck even archbang would be better.
>>
can tell people i use arch while using a distro as easy to use as ubuntu
>>
>>53818717
cause Im lazy.
>>
>>53818766
>tfw I automated something while high you retards thing is hard to do

https://ghostbin.com/paste/gr56t
>>
>>53818834
I don't think it is to hard Im just lazy. I don't want to exert the effort to do it. Make me read a bunch of shit? all kinds of extra shit? Nah.
>>
>>53818866
but it really only takes 10 minutes to install arch, it takes me longer to install ubuntu on family members computers.

The only difference is one you click buttons and the other you type shit
>>
>>53818893
I recently actually put the effort in and then realized I didn't know what packages to install just to listen to mp3s (omg ma freedoms). Googled. read...read..read. Installed one package, the good, go to play music. Doesn't work. Read more. Fuck it install the bad and ugly. Sweet music plays. Over the days I have to figure out what Im missing and what I need to get it to work. Manjaro, just werks.
>>
>>53818932
>>53818893
Is there an easier way to do this? Maybe something I don't know about?
>>
>>53818717

Can anyone tell me which one allows you to pick whatever you want so it's not bloated yet has access to the latest stuff?
>>
>>53818717
i'm sorry you don't like manjaro, but, good news!
they're coming out with their new lxqt version!
it looks and feels just like windows 10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRK0vWZShrA
>>
>>53819114
i already use this. it's nice.
>>
File: 1459527409637.gif (226 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1459527409637.gif
226 KB, 320x240
>>53819166
i'm not a fan of lxqt myself but i do like lxde, currently using fluxbox on manjaro, i'm liking it
>>
>>53818866
>>53819067
Architect Linux is the best GUI installer for arch if you want a pure vanilla as semen Arch install.

It installs absolutely no extra shit in it.
>>
>>53819377
Last time I looked, Architect has been taken down.
>>
>>53818717
I like KDE.

I've never gotten KDE to work as well manually installing it on Arch as it does by default with the Manjaro KDE image.
>>
>>53819377
That no extra shit is where Im getting the most problems. Ive had my hand held with other distros so I don't know what packages are needed for it to "just werk" smoothly compared to Manjaro. However I might look into that Manjaro LXQt.
>>
>>53818717
>Ohh it looks beautiful and works out of the box let's bash it!
Go sit on a fucking cactus
>>
>>53818717
Because it just werks and you don't need an ethernet cable to install it.
Though Arch is still the better option.

>>53818834
>doesn't even set up grub
Brilliant "install script"
>>
>>53818717
>retarded distro
In what way?
>>
>>53819114
>octipi
Better software manager
>>
>>53818717
Why does others' choice of distro invoke your irrational mental state?
>>
>>53823828
Autism.
>>
So anyone know how to get a similar to Manjaro Arch set up with pre-installed proprietary components (Codex etc)? I like having a quick and painless installer when I just want to get an OS up and running. IDGAF about being a freefag when there is shit I need to just werk.
The arch way may be some dumbass shit, but I have to admit pacman and the AUR are pretty damn desirable.
>>
>>53823565
The biggest problem with manjaro is that they don't have the manpower to do what they intend to. Pushing updates back for testing purposes is only meaningful when you actually have the people to do the testing. And they don't. Also I believe you get delayed security updates as a part of the deal.
Using rolling release operating system while having no clue how anything works (which is true for about 90% of manjaro users) is not a good idea. Just stick to Xubuntu you dumb fucks instead of trying to be a hacker. Nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>53826291
>So anyone know how to fill my Arch install with useless bloat?
instead figure out what exactly you want from Manjaro that Arch doesn't have
if you're too much of a lazy piece of shit then just stay with manjaro
>>
>>53826392
>Pushing updates back for testing purposes is only meaningful when you actually have the people to do the testing.
But they do.....
All those who have fallen for the arch meme that is.
>>
>>53818717
a retard's opinion is meaningless without his retarded explanation.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.