[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good evening, /g/entoomen. I've been a bonehead all my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: security_plus.jpg (99 KB, 803x220) Image search: [Google]
security_plus.jpg
99 KB, 803x220
Good evening, /g/entoomen. I've been a bonehead all my life and I've always failed school not because I'm dumb, but because I seem to lack motovation or some ability to succeed academically. This has carried on to college and I've failed so many times I can't go back to community college for a year. I've been working my ass off for one thing though and that's pic related. Is it enough to land me a decent enough job until I'm able to get my Associate's Degree or further my education in some way? Thank you for your guidance.
>>
File: IMG_20160401_223648.jpg (215 KB, 1080x1325) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_223648.jpg
215 KB, 1080x1325
Pic is of me studying.
>>
The ability that you lack to succeed academically is probably abstract reasoning, sorry.

You're wasting your money with more education. Learn sales and people skills and you'll be able to make lots of bank.
>>
>>53817398
I'm actually in sales and I do pretty well but I want to do more with my life.
>>
>>53817340
Just become an honest tradesman you stupid shit. Not everyone has the ability to sit at a desk for 9 hours every day and be bored to death.
>>
>>53817340
smoke meth. it will help you to keep you motivated
>>
I was able to land a database administrator job without a degree or any certifications. The job I took does have conditions though and one of them was to pass sec+, which I did. All I can tell you is know people who you can demonstrate your skills
>>
Failing community college, midtier kek
>>
>>53817416
I work with a man who is a Commercial Appraiser who owns his own business as well and I sit there with him and work on reports (as well as doing field work) and I handle all of his technical issues. It's not a matter of if I will be in the field, but if the cert alone is enough to get started. Thank you for your advice.
>>53817445
I guess I will have to network as well as I can.
>>
>>53817406

you can

A B S O L U T E L Y
B S O L U T E L Y A
S O L U T E L Y A B
O L U T E L Y A B S
L U T E L Y A B S O

do more with your life than sell. The problem is that your journey towards a meaningful existence is NOT through education. If you already know sales then realise that you're being sold. You're being sold an idea of education leading to a good life when it really doesn't lead to a life better than the one that you already lead.

Look around the internet for career advancement opportunities, make money, and then to get more meaning in your life, start a charity.
>>
>>53817476
You say "career advancement opportunities". Like what? Knowledge and accomplishment seem like that to me.
>>
>>53817512

Accomplishment means more than knowledge. You're getting outside of my realm of expertise, but more or less you have to start thinking less like an employee and more like a manager/employer.

Work for smaller businesses, where career advancement is really easy. Once you're good enough at your job, your portfolio of achievements will grow alongside the businesses that you help succeed.

Accomplishments -> knowledge. Not the other way around. Look for accomplishments, not knowledge by itself.
>>
File: 1452234095100.jpg (21 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
1452234095100.jpg
21 KB, 206x206
I just got my A+ certificate. Which one should I aim for next, the Network+ or Security+? I plan on taking the CCENT/CCNA ones next year.
>>
I'm taking the security+ exam too OP. Theoretically from what i heard, if you have it you basically got majority of the military and government firms on your dick.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.