[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your wise /g/, I bought a new medium rig few days ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bf6.jpg (21 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
bf6.jpg
21 KB, 456x628
I need your wise /g/, I bought a new medium rig few days ago, everything is fine, then a couple of days ago my GPU started to make this sound that is annoying as hell, every 5 seconds or so it mades this sound, didn't use the PC for a bit and it went away, doesn't sound as loud or annoying but sometimes you can hear it.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bp6ID4tJKm (around 0:14)

So is this shit going to die soon? can still play games fine and the temperatures seems fine
the gpu in question is a PNY GTX 960, I don't want to open it since still has warranty.
>>
>>53815225
bump
>>
You idiot! the gpu fans are stricking some cables or something. do some better cable management and it'll go away.

Source: experience.
>>
sounds like woody the woodpecker has taken residence,you're fucked
>>
>>53815225
same as >>53816065
If you don't want to open it, try to shake the tower until you notice that the problem has gone away (not even kidding). It's probably the chasis cables, which usually go under the gpu and sometimes get stuck in the fans.
Or you could just use your warranty.
>>
>>53815225
>PNY GTX 960
Wire your shit better bud.
You got loose cables hanging around.
>>
>>53816123
>>53816099
>>53816065
My cables are a mess but I made sure none of them where touching the GPU fan so I doubt is that, unless the cables of the inside are fucking up.
>>
bump once again
>>
Seriously? This is kiddie shit. Pull your GPU out and spin the fans with your hands. Look carefully for any obstructions. If none found, then check on your chassis fans.
>>
>>53817557
I pull out the GPU and spinned the fans, no obstructions whatsoever, and when I took the GPU out the sound went away so it's definitely the GPU
>>
>>53817903
Also can I still use this shit at it is ? until I can buy a new GPU in 6 months
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.