[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has no one created an alternative to this bullshit yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Why has no one created an alternative to this bullshit yet?
>>
>>53814673

Not worth creating an industry standard interface for something that just works. You'd also likely end up needing some sort of IC on the case to interpret the signals.

Whereas what you posted are literally just power cables.
>>
Honestly, what's bullshit about it? The front panel is simple LEDs and switches to bridge connections. This arrangement is perfectly functional

Are you just upset that your have to think for five seconds before you connect them?
>>
Uh, every modern motherboard comes with a quick connect adapter that you can use to make this easier.
>>
>>53814673
I use to agree until I learned that every motherboard comes to very easy to understand documentation on the orientation of the pins and the location of each pin.

It's easy as fuck for all of those. Easy. as. Fuck.

The amount of shilling for a new standard would be insane. What about a PC with no LEDs or reset button? You gonna have one AIO cord that plugs in in -nothing-?
>>
>easier than legos
>hard for op

As to be expected
>>
>>53815029
No they don't, but you can use a 10 pin header extension or 2 and male your own
>>
File: Q_CONNECTOR[1].jpg (101 KB, 680x226) Image search: [Google]
Q_CONNECTOR[1].jpg
101 KB, 680x226
>>53814673
>quick connect adapter

I'm sorry your motherboard is shit, OP.
>>
>>53815125
Why the fuck would you bother with that? Are you retarded?

No really, are you retarded? Extra steps just because you can't read the same pinout on the motherboard or worse case, read the manual is fucking dumb, especially when the end result looks as fuck ugly as that beige brick.
>>
>>53814673
I call them 2x1's
2 wires on 1 layer.
Heck mine even has 1x1's for the front panel I actually need a tweezer and a magnifying glass to plug em.
>>
>>53815125
i have sausage fingers so this is a godsend
>>
File: CBL-0049L-2T.jpg (41 KB, 400x251) Image search: [Google]
CBL-0049L-2T.jpg
41 KB, 400x251
we use shittermicro at work and they come with these cables
>>
>>53814673
I agree, a case standard would be nice. Not because it's hard to read a manual, but because they're tiny and a pain in the ass unless you have women's fingers. I've also had to use a knife to chop some of these up and rewire them for customers because of non-standard blocks.
>>
>>53814673
I like it. I can pick and choose which to plug in, because fuck LEDs.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.