[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT THE TECH SCENE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: Hipster-Moron.jpg (65 KB, 570x400) Image search: [Google]
Hipster-Moron.jpg
65 KB, 570x400
itt: THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT THE TECH SCENE

>silicon valley (the people, not the tv show)
>nu-males
>hacker news
>github circlejerking
>women "coders"
>"diversity"
>company "culture"
>political discussion unrelated to tech
>>
(You)
but you're not really part of the scene I guess
>>
>>53811792
>women
loser fag
>>
coders under 30.
>>
The fact that it's considered a scene. Why can't we just enjoy science and technology without a social conformity maymay.
>>
>>53811792
>>hacker news
>>
>>53811824

i was referring more to the tech industry, but yeah, "scene" is annoying too.

>tech journalists
>people who think of programming as "craftsmanship"
>"hacker" used to describe a person who programs
>meaningless buzzwords
>companies/startups making concept videos of futuristic tech they'll never deliver
>>
File: 1413060198926.png (32 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
1413060198926.png
32 KB, 569x571
>product hunt
>>
>>53811861
>"hacker" used to describe a person who programs
This infuriates me, I'm a pen tester and holy fuck when you bump into a 'hacker' that knows nothing about Security is frustrating
>>
File: Ragecopy.png (235 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235 KB, 582x600
>growth hacker
>>
>>53812191
That's the original meaning.
>>
>>53812191
>"pen tester" used to describe someone who looks to circumvent computer security
This infuriates me. I'm a writing utensil engineer, and holy fuck.. when you bump into a 'pen tester' that knows nothing about pen testing, it's frustrating.
>>
If you're not using a Thinkpad with some flavor of GNU/Linux or OpenBSD you can fuck right off
>>
>>53812277
Yes, but thanks to media hounds and a spastic society the meaning is just that of a rogue in a hoodie.
>>
>>53812443
>having too little money and too much free time is a sign of being successful in tech
lmao NEET detected
>>
you aren't a part of any """tech scene""" OP you live in your mother's basement
>>
>>53811792

>women "coders"
>diversity

And then

>political discussions unrelated to tech

Nice one op
>>
>>53812714
politics in tech is the reason why we have dumb diversity hires in tech.
>>
>people who think everything should be made with javascript
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 629x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 629x449
>F3 "pajeet"
>zero results
I'm disappointed in you, /g/.
>>
>>53812526
im wearing my hoodi
>>
>>53811792
>I can code meaning I take already completed sections of code I don't understand and paste them together until it sort of does what I want.
>off you go to the app store now
>>
>>53812761
"Nah bro don't learn Rails, you can do it just as easy with a combination of these 5 JS frameworks. It only takes 2 weeks to set up a website, just as quick as rails!
>>
People who confuse memes with humor, like this guy
>>53812761
>>
>>53813392
Rails used to be the hot meme framework though
>>
>>53811792

People who think you should either be talented or fuck off.
>>
>>53812735
there's politics in everything you retarded shitposter

EVERY industry.
>>
>>53813392
why would you use rails when django exists?

serious question
>>
April 1 """"""""""""jokes""""""""""""
>>
>political discussion unrelated to tech
You mean like your entire post?
>>
>>53812761
>>53813392

Annoys the hell out of me.
I use JavaScript for a hell of a lot of things doing front end development for webapps etc, and use PHP or Django for backend. But hell, anytime I've looked into full stack javascript it just seems like a gigantic convoluted clusterfuck.

>muh use jade to template out simple HTML
>use monogDB to make database work like they did 20 years ago with non relational data and huge fuckoff JSON objects
>BUT I GET TO TINKER IN THE TERMINAL SO FEEL SO HACKER WOOSH
>>
>>53812208
Oh god this so much. I'm job hunting and I come across this fuckbaggery every day.
>>
>>53812314
Underrated post
>>
misogynists

no, I'm not joking
>>
>>53813498
Because python is utter trash
>>
>>53813643
as someone who does >fullstack JS among other things, i think the server-side in JS is pretty solid.
you got node and then express on top of it. node/express is a standard at this point much like ruby/rails, python/django, etc.
db's are another issue that doesn't have much to do with JS. for some tasks it makes sense to use mongo.
the real problem with JS is what's going on in the front end right now. too many half baked options to choose from, everything is constantly changing and breaking, very hard to keep up.
hopefully eventually the community will settle on a standard (react probably, maybe relay even) and then we can start making progress.

also,
>templating on the server
what the hell are you doing nigger
>>
File: culture hacker.jpg (24 KB, 320x328) Image search: [Google]
culture hacker.jpg
24 KB, 320x328
>>53813750
>>
>>53813779
I don't have a huge amount of experience in full stack JS so I'll admit I'm talking from very limited experience.
I guess I'm mainly complaining about the dogmatic worship of the MEAN stack for every kind of application from a pretty vocal subset of webdevs.
>>
>>53813761
why is that?
>>
>>53811792
Why is it that 4chan, a place infamously filled with autistic beta basement-dwelling faggots, coined a term for "men who aren't real men?"
>>
>>53814067
awful lot of projecting there, angie.
>>
>>53811792
Shilling compagnies that release new shit without having any significant upgrade.
>>
>>53813929
>MEAN
>not PKRN
get with the times gramps, this isn't 2014
>>
>>53814238
Has anyone made an acronym -> stack generator yet? You'd input an acronym and it'd give you a tech stack
>>
>>53814067
anime masturbator cum nu-male tech bro detected
>>
>>53814255
>Show HN: An acronym to stack generator, built with ECMAScript2017
>>
File: 1438327062865.png (174 KB, 429x491) Image search: [Google]
1438327062865.png
174 KB, 429x491
>>53813799
Better Carl the Cuck than a Nazi
>>
>>53813761
good enough for google, good enough for me
>>
>>53811792
I hate Millenials and people who call themselves Tommy
>>
>pushing diversity where it doesnt need to be
I'm all for using tech or playing games developed by women, but I'd rather see them get their jobs based on merit and not sex.

>yearly releases
just make shit actually worth releasing instead of developing tech that gets rolled out bit by bit over a 5-10 year span of time when they could have just released the "final form" right from the get go

>people/companies thinking they need to get paid for absofuckinglutely everything they put on the internet.
Oh your shitty youtube reviews aren't able to pay your rent? too fucking bad, get a real job, you aren't entitled to me looking at your ads. Or if you really dont like it, stop doing it

>Every other website delivering content via a slideshow
just put it all on one page, I know with a slideshow format you can trick people with smartphones into accidentally clicking your ads, but holy fuck is it ever annoying. I used to browse a very wide variety of sites/pages, now I only go to a handful because they're the only ones that deliver content in a reasonable fashion.

>the google monopoly on data
This one is quite honestly frightening to me and really should be looked at as a breach of monopoly laws. No one company should have as much power as they do
>>
>>53813483
and those two things are politics that do not belong anywhere
>>
File: guide_to_politics.jpg (47 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
guide_to_politics.jpg
47 KB, 368x475
>>53814377
>>
>>53811792
thinly veiled normaltards only in the industry/"scene" (whatever the fuck that is) because it's a trendy personality accessory, including

>"maker" fag casuals blogging about what hot shit they are for cobbling useless "cool" projects together out of garbage and attaching an SBC to them as some sort of incredibly glorified microcontroller
>"coder" fag casuals blogging about what hot shit they are for cobbling shitty web/phone apps together in interpreted or otherwise shitty, inefficient languages
>"gamer" fag casuals blogging about what hot shit they are for cobbling a banal gaming shitbox together to save a couple hundred dollars
>consumertard casuals who mindlessly buy whatever new piece of chinese shit comes out from their favorite megacorporation
>"I fucking love science" casuals, wannabe Steve Jobs and other naive chucklefucks trying to romanticize their emptiness and mindless consumerism
>technology "journalists" and other FUD/buzzword artists
>>
File: 1430865765880.jpg (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1430865765880.jpg
17 KB, 600x600
>>53814969
>makers
>>
>rockstar
>ninja
>guru
consider suicide
>>
>>53813750
Misogyniy is triggering right

Literally no, I'm literally not joking right now
>>
>>53814969
>"I <3 sciences!!!"
>Owns a selfie stick
>>
>>53811792
Holy shit i know that guy in that pic. I forgot his name and it's been years and years since I've seen or talked to him.
>>
>>53811792
"digital nomads"
>>
Wireless everything
Constant ui changes
Impractical gadgets
>>
What
>>
File: spag1456232867587.jpg (526 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
spag1456232867587.jpg
526 KB, 1252x1252
apple shit literally everywhere
>>
>>53816977
the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>53817224
It's a digital native that is forced into a life of wandering like a gypsy
>>
>>53813779
Wtf is full stack JS? How the fuck can JS be full stack?

Does chef let you code in JS now?
>>
People who act like they're super special just because they have a cs degree, when they're all replaceable.
>>
>>53816060
But I play the synth and own a katana + have stolen so much loot in vanilla wow/wotlk it's unreal
>>
black "programmers" that ask for handouts instead of earning it in the name of muh minority
your average pseudo-coder working only Node.JS, PHP, some silly javascript client side framework, or Swift
>>
File: 5TkcZ.png (10 KB, 437x230) Image search: [Google]
5TkcZ.png
10 KB, 437x230
>>53811861
>people who think of programming as "craftsmanship"
How isn't it? A lot to do with programming has no rigorously defined rules, especially the things which separate the programmers called "good" from those called "bad".

Think about the division between programmers who prefer OOP over procedural programming, for example; or the software design patterns which, from time to time, are argued to actually be anti-patterns. Think about all those "considered harmful" essays which never offered concrete advice or objective reasons for their assertions, so that they either became dogma ("Go To Statement Considered Harmful") or were ignored completely (??).

There's formatting/commenting style too. Pic related. It's every formatting-related shitpost ever.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.