[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is around the corner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: ubuntu-16.04.jpg (44 KB, 1029x570) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-16.04.jpg
44 KB, 1029x570
Should i be exited /g/?

Currently on Windows 7, switched from all kinds of distros with Xfce, spend almost 6 years on Linux and started using Windows 7 after getting fucking sick of Xfce in January for Java and Android development.

What should i use now /g/?

Will Linux Mint get out of the stone age and start using Linux 4 at least? Will elementaryOS get their shit together and make a usable development base and not a Facebook machine?

What does /g/ recommend for the future and Linux and FOSS?
>>
>>53810714
ubuntu gnome edition
>>
>>53810728

GNOME is too slow on my T61 mate, its fucking horrible to be unable to use such an awesome desktop environment because my laptop is shit.

Fuck my life.

What i wondered always was, HOW DOES Windows get away with such good performance with this level of visual effects and composition.

I NEVER EVER saw a windows resize smoothly on GNOME, like EVER, and Windows has no problems.
>>
>>53810815
>What i wondered always was, HOW DOES Windows get away with such good performance with this level of visual effects and composition.

Probably drivers.
>>
>>53810714
>Should i be exited /g/?
No
>What should i use now /g/?
Arch
>Will Linux Mint get out of the stone age and start using Linux 4 at least?
Arch
>Will elementaryOS get their shit together and make a usable development base and not a Facebook machine?
If you don't like it don't use it
>What does /g/ recommend for the future and Linux and FOSS?
Arch
>>
>>53810714
Now that Microsoft and Ubuntu are in bed together, you do realize your OS will be full of botnet and backdoors, right?
>>
Demo preview was on a super behemouth PC with 64GB of ram and 30 i7 processors and 50 nividia titans
It won't run as smooth on anything else
>>
>>53810815
>>>53810728
>GNOME is too slow on my T61 mate, its fucking horrible to be unable to use such an awesome desktop environment because my laptop is shit.
>Fuck my life.
>What i wondered always was, HOW DOES Windows get away with such good performance with this level of visual effects and composition.
>I NEVER EVER saw a windows resize smoothly on GNOME, like EVER, and Windows has no problems.

TRY UBUNTU MATE
>>
>>53810714
KDE Neon when?
>>
I have Ubuntu installed for my mother on her PC. Wondering if 16.04 will fix the few small issues she have with it, or if I should try something else on her machine to get rid of those issues.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.