[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ i've been experiancing strain in my wrist lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Hey /g/ i've been experiancing strain in my wrist lately and was wondering what you guys think about trackball's and what one would be the best to purchase.
>>
>>53809672
My roommate uses that exact mouse and he says it's really nice. Never heard him complain about it once.
>>
File: 26-125-107-TS.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
26-125-107-TS.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
Newegg has the "Kensington Orbit K72337US Black Scroll Ring USB Wired Optical Trackball" for $20 (half price) right now.
>>
I use OPs wired version trackball. Best mouse I've had for general computing, even light gaymen.
>>
>>53809672
Pic related is what I have, and I guess its the goto recommendation on here for a reason, its solid and comfy and does the job
>>
>>53811441
Get this one OP, I love it.
>>
>>53811289
Not sure if sarcastic or not
>>
>>53811441
There's no middle click button. If you rely on the middle click button then this mouse is unusable.
>just left and right click together!
No. It's not the same. It will never be the same. I can map those to any mouse. There is, physically and literally, no middle click feature. Just a software based middle click. Fuck that. No.
>>
Logitech Trackman Marble is one with the ball in the middle and you use your index finger to move and click with your thumb. It is the most bad ass thing ever.
>>
>>53809672
not gonna help your wrist pain m80. stop using a wrist rest or get a brace.
>>
>>53812793
>stop using a wrist rest
are they bad?
>>
>>53813489
They cause carpal tunnel. You should be supporting your own wrists. I would just suggest exercises that will strengthen that area assuming you don't have underlying issues.
>>
>>53813778
thanks for the tip, I was considering buying one.
I do use the one that comes with >>53811441
should I remove it?
>>
Trackman Wheel is still my favorite but they've been out of production for a few years so a new one in the box will run you around $200, when the mouse buttons started giving me ghost clicks (click once and it gave a double click) I replaced the microswitches in it instead of throwing it out and now it sits on my desk at work

I used the M570 for about 4 years and my only gripe with it was the typical Logitech scroll wheel problems (though the Trackman Wheel had the same issue) and it requires you to curve your hand a little more than the Trackman Wheel to grip it

I replaced the microswitches in my M570 once already and it started ghost clicking again after about 6 months so now I'm trying an Elecom wired trackball, it requires a bit more of a curved grip than the M570 and has some features I don't find useful (third finger button + tilting scroll wheel) but some people may like those things

Also pro tip, the best way to get a rough ball to roll smoothly again is just to pop it out and rub it in your hair for a couple seconds
>>
>>53809672
Use a trackpad mouse or a pen-tablet mouse
>>
You get a cheap one to get a feel.

Thumb balls should be easier to get used to coming from a mouse.

Finger balls might take time but will offer more control since you can use two or three fingers to control the movement.
>>
>>53815980
>finger balls
>>
>>53809672
I actually own that mouse. It takes getting use to but it's way comfier for long term use. I still have a normal mouse for gaming but for research work and lurking I use my track ball. Also I like how Logitech wireless dongles and be used by multiple move so it's seamless to have both mice connect at the same time.
>>
>>53809672

It's very possible that I have used a computer longer than anyone on the planet, the wireless trackball that you posted it is the only Mouse that causes me no wrist pain
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.