[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: New-MSI-Wallpaper[1].jpg (1 MB, 2844x1600) Image search: [Google]
New-MSI-Wallpaper[1].jpg
1 MB, 2844x1600
What's the deal?

Are they good? Bad? Do you even think about them at all?

Afterburner is nice.
>>
>>53799714
Built many desktops with msi mobos, never had any issues. Personally I buy Asus for myself but have no gripes with msi
>>
Make good GPUs and and mobos are pretty decent. Customer support has also been pretty good for me, very fast rma process. They are definitely the most ricer when it comes to aesthetics though.
>>
Why are their GPUs usually the cheapest option?
>>
>>53799963
Their amd gpus are only second to sapphire
>>
>>53799714
built a rig for a friend who got one of the newer MSI mobo. It was honestly the worst build I have ever had to deal with.

almost no room in between the pci slots

no power button for bench testing etc.

the first board was DOA. the second board worked but had to update the bios in order to get any of his hardware to work.

I have had a few of their GPU's which I have loved though.
>>
>>53800042
>no room between pci slots
last I checked the spacing between expansion slots is standardized, or else msi would need to have their own standard for cases.
>no power button for bench testing
most motherboards don't have this you nigger, just short the power switch pins with a screwdriver
>>
my overclock in msi afterburner stops working after a while (core clock speed)

anyone know how to force it to reapply? Restarting msi doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>53799714
i like them so far
>>
File: IMG_20160310_2055490.jpg (4 MB, 4896x3672) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160310_2055490.jpg
4 MB, 4896x3672
>>
>>53799714
MSI Afterbuner is made by some Russian programmer who goes by the nickname of Unwinder. His framelimiter in Rivatuner is considered the best frame limiter ever made because it manages to improve frame times like no other tool can.
>>
>>53801465
fug I didn't even know about the frame limiter

is that better than using the new AMD Settings framerate targeting? It doesn't seem to work right with GTA V at least.
>>
>>53799714
why the fuck something gaymer-shit like this are even allowed in /g/

fuck off kid

also they're shit and has this 420 l33t gaymer symbol written all over their products lineup
>>
>>53799714

It preforms well enough, but if you are getting a laptop, don't break that shit. MSI laptop parts cost a small fortune.
>>
>>53800042
Post RMA form or you're lying.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.