[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to become a programmer but I'm 23. Am I too old?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 3cnFO3d.png (772 KB, 585x771) Image search: [Google]
3cnFO3d.png
772 KB, 585x771
I want to become a programmer but I'm 23. Am I too old? I have a year's worth of experience so far but I'm still a novice.

I'm trying to focus on app/systems dev for phones but that could change.
>>
No you aren't too old, but you might be too stupid (based solely on the fact that you're asking this very question)
>>
I wouldn't worry about being too old.

Also 23 is such a shit age. Fugg
>>
>>53798985

Care to clarify why? Some fields have an age bias and I'm curious to see if anyone here has had experiences that confirm/disconfirm this.
>>
Dude, just do what you want. You have plenty of time to get good at anything. You would be shocked at how many people I know at 30 who never bothered to get good at ANYTHING. Give *anything* an honest try and you will end up better off than many people.
>>
>>53798964
>he wasn't born with 5 years experience as a software developer
Not gonna make it
>>
>>53799065
Nobody likes you when you're 23.
>>
That's like, one year out of college. Fuck you mean? I think it's only Every Meme Start-up Company that prefers young hires. Company not too far from me looks to have late-20s to 40s employees.
>>
40 here and not too old. Your brain doesn't get less useful just cuz you're older.
>>
>>53799196
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aging_brain
>>
>>53799196
>Your brain doesn't get less useful just cuz you're older.
I'm not quite sure how to tell you this, anon...
>>
>>53799107

Nice
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 300x57
delete this.

don't need more market saturation.
>>
>>53799392
The only market this dude has a chance of penetrating is webdev, which is already as saturated as it gets. Only pajeets and hipsters need worry -- you're not one of those, are you?
>>
>>53799441
i guess not since it isn't what i want to get into.

but where would those cucks go when they figure out they can get more money elsewhere with a bit of experience?
>>
started cs at 25 after getting a shitty degree in design T_T.

Anyway my prospects are better for having started, even if I'd have been even better if I started earlier.
>>
>>53798964
I am 26 and slightly above you in experience. Keep working at it.
>>
>>53799098
kek
>>
>>53798964
Im 29 and looking for my first development job, and first job in general desu. Started my degree at 24.

Probably gonna have to work somewhere first... like literally anywhere before an actual software company will take me seriously.
>>
>>53798964
Youre too old for a good career. Programming as a hobbyist is your only option now.
>>
>>53798964
>23
Most people don't even begin studying to be doctors until that age and that's if you're on top of your game.
>>
>>53805178
This tbqh.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.