[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some one save me from this HELL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1431284853724.jpg (64 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1431284853724.jpg
64 KB, 551x550
God, you don't understand muh pain
> walk into first day of C++ class
> 6 macs using osx
> 3 more Macs running win 10
> 97% of class has win 10
> teacher asks us to raise our hands if we have ever programmed before, in any language
> Me and 1 other person raises hand
> teacher is kinda shocked
> fast forward a couple weeks
> we get additional points for incorporating interesting images, songs, and sounds into our programs
> 85% of class is into anime, including the black Muslim kid from Nigeria
> this means 85% of the assignments displayed during demo time have some half naked anime girl and has some God awful anime theme song playing in the back ground.
> everyone is a douche and no one really gives a shit about cs. All they want to do is make games and create kool iPhone apps.
> a lot of them act superior and arrogant. They will barely answer my questions, let alone help me when I ask for a copy of the lecture files. Which is funny bc some of them haven't passed trig yet, so using the draw line or circle commands is hard for them.
> most of them cite Steve jobs as their main inspiration
> several of them said that the transformers movies and the avengers movies are their favorites
> others are into collecting trendy socks or hats, and are always trying to show them off in the lab. The only cool human bean is this Chinese kid who dresses like a God, and who collects any and every kind of electronic device he can get his hands on.

I'm really want to drop this class because I hate every second that I'm there.
I've been in recovery for 7 weeks bc of my surgery, so I've missed a lot of class, but I've still managed to teach myself the material and complete the assignments.
> oh, and this class uses VS, so the copy pasta is very real.
Should I drop? I know plenty of other people who could use some help with their projects.
Plus I feel like you learn a lot more and a lot faster doing these personal projects.
>>
i like your blog friend
>>
>>53798043
>Report
>Hide
>>
File: moron.jpg (170 KB, 1101x1300) Image search: [Google]
moron.jpg
170 KB, 1101x1300
>mfw i am a cs student in intermediate algebra but know three languages fluently
>>
what kind of shit school are you going to? just drop out and learn on your own.
>>
>>53798043
This is a pretty shitty reasin to drop a class, OP
And yeah, those are what people here usually call normies.
Just ignore them and make the most you can about your class, and learn as much as you can, and having a good relationship with your teacher might make things easier for you.

I'm studying Chem Eng
When i took thermodynamics 1, more than half the class had never even used the ideal gas equation, and people dont even give a shit about it, just memorize it and that's it. I pisses me off because there's no passion or interest in such awesome subject and you know... Being Chem Eng
I feel you man
>>
>>53798043
You sound like a whiny bitch who is going to school for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>53798043
Just get your credit and go. You're not really supposed to attend college to socialize unless you plan on having a study group or some shit.
>>
>>53798043
Sounds like community college. I studied at one for a year before transferring to a real university, and this really sounds a lot like my time there.

Missing a lot of classes sucks. If you aren't doing well in the class but still have time to drop the course without geting an F, I would suggest you do it. You can always take an extra semester if you need it, but your GPA is set in stone.
>>
>>53798128
Come back when you have a language certificate then we can talk.

Well OP you should've studied more to get into a better university like New Jersey's for instance.
>>
>>53798043
Just power through it. The shitters will either drop out or not be such a shitter
>>
>>53798043
Don't drop the class just because some faggots are annoying. I put up with that shit, and although it's fucking painful (worse because the teacher is hardly competent in actually teaching the material, and instead has us just copy code from the fucking board), it's bearable. Just self-study and you'll be fine.

>>53798245
Normal university is like this too, at least at intro level courses.
>>
>>53798043
it's your money that you've already spent on this, but if you wanna flush it away because you can't deal with other people then that's up to you
>>
>>53798043
How does the Chinese kid dress?
>>
>>53798396
Like a God, anon
>>
>>53798043

what are they teaching you in the C++ class?

is it just the inner workings of the C++ language or is it more data structures?

also
>hating on visual studio

why do people hate it?
>>
You only have to deal with this for a few semesters.
Before the end of sophomore year, >50% of CS students drop out or change majors, and it's always the "I want to make vidya games" that drop first.
>>
>>53798409
What the fuck does that mean?
Like, #Menswear ?
>>
>>53798043
Don't drop.
Get friendly with the professor, seeing as he probably hates 95% of his class.
Do what you're doing.
>>
>>53798467
not op but it sounds like the prof is just putting in time to get tenure or some shit, otherwise what's the point of giving credit for including music and video?
>>
>>53798168
This. Get over it n stop crying about it.
When u start taking actual cs courses ull have no more faggots in class
>>
Op here, let me clarify some things:

> yes I'm in CC, and I hate myself for being such an immature little shit in high school and not getting into a good college

> it's not so much about socializing as its about being in a solid learning environment aimed solely at CS. So many people get bored with the technical and analytical parts of CS, so teacher try to make the class more lighthearted and fun to retain the attention of the students.
I honestly just want to find ways to incorporate all this calc I'm learning with a programming language like C++

> regardless of whether or not I complete the assignment, I will have a lot of points deducted from my grade for absences and bc I wasn't there for group projects

> oh and even if I do drop, I'll keep programming, but I'll be learning on my own and helping a friends with their projects. I'm not quoting and then becoming a lazy fuck.(Plus I need to get a job, I have no money)
>>
>>53798913
>need a job
then don't quite, go for that piece of paper and go after any internships available
>>
>>53798913
that's how early college students are. i've done some programming courses in community college as well as a 4-year university and it's the same in both places. most of these clowns get weeded out in discrete math, differential equations, and data structures. some of them just grow up and quit flaunting their anime all the time. just ignore them until you transfer.
>>
this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>53798142
this
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.