[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my water cooling decided to fuck my computer in the ass today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
So my water cooling decided to fuck my computer in the ass today by leaking, luckily the graphics card in pic related still works. I trashes the water cooling and need some ideas on a few things...
1.) How the fuck do I get this shit off the video card without further damaging it?
2.) What's a good non-leaking water cooling cooler that I should get now?
3.) Off topic, but one of my external drives failed and it had 2tbs worth of shit on it that'd I like to not loose... Any recommendations on salvaging it?

>inb4 why did u by shitting cooling system: it was given to me as a gift and was free.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
Use rice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPeITOz2_YM
>>
>>53797046
wait you put REAL water into your water cooler?

you're not supposed to do that anon
>>
does any one else

le

VIDEO GAMES???
>>
>>53797046
Throw it in the dish washer. Will be good as new.
>>
>he fell for the water cooling meme
>>
>>53797192
Everything is a meme, anon.
>>
>>53797046
AIO or custom water cooling?
>>
>>53797046
Rinse this motherfucker in isopropanol.
Isopropanol will replace any water and it is not conductive or corrosive.
>>
File: cute anime pic 0210.jpg (193 KB, 448x455) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0210.jpg
193 KB, 448x455
>>53797046
I came here to laugh at you.
>>
>>53797833
this is the correct answer. Also you can use qtips dipped in rubbing alcohol to get in between the densely packed areas, just don't be stupid about it and leave chunks of cotton all over the board etc
>>
>>53797227
Answer this question OP. If it was an AIO it's probably bad luck. If you made a custom loop and it leaked... don't blame water cooling because you are fucktard.
>>
>>53797046
>cleaning PCB
rubbing alcohol and q-tip
>what water cooling should i buy blah blah blah....
dont. havent you learned your lesson?
>>
>>53797046
Dude you have a blown capacitor on your card. Look between the blue port protection, down to the screw, and right below it. Rip dude, I got fucked by that as well.
>>
File: me.png (201 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
me.png
201 KB, 400x390
>he fell for the water cooling meme
>>
>>53797046
Why didn't you back up your files faggot
>>
>>53798737
I followed all the instructions nessary with it. Everything was where it needed to be. And after doing more research this is aparently a problem with these cards.

Sorry for the late reply.
>>
>>53800215
Card works fine still, even while shit was dropping it it worked fine.
>>
File: 1459475464585.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459475464585.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>ever water cooling your computer
You deserved it.
>>
>>53800660
Was it custom or closed loop? Pics if custom pls.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.