[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ I need your help bad. What's the quickest/easiest way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Google_web_search.png (54 KB, 1271x715) Image search: [Google]
Google_web_search.png
54 KB, 1271x715
/g/ I need your help bad.

What's the quickest/easiest way to remove my personal info from search queries? I'm applying for colleges and I basically just want to make sure that my internet record (for search engines at least) is somewhat hard to find.
>>
You can't.

This is why google is botnet.
>>
You can't do a such thing, you think you can force a website to remove themselves from search engines? No you can't it's their right.
>>
>>53787993
You shouldn't have let your information get into circulation on publically accessible websites in the first place
>>
>>53788063

But isn't there ways around this? Such as saying certain websites are breaking my privacy or somehow submit a request to get it removed from the search results?
>>
>>53788103
Yes, if you're from Europe
>>
WE WARNED YOU

YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN
>>
If you used your real name or if you're using an email account that you've used for stupid things for college apps then you're fucked.
>>
>>53788103
Schools that post your history or contests results do not break your privacy because they just show results next to name and nothing more.

But you might have luck with individually contacting all other websites.

If my website was hosted here in Romania and you would've contacted anyone for your privacy or w/e I wouldn't give a fuck because they can't do nothing against it... it's my website and it's hosted here and I will just ignore cry babies.
>>
If you are in Europe, you can make them forget
>>
>>53788122
Underrated/10
>>
>>53787993
Don't use google.
Either use duckduckgo via Tor, or use searx.me, the only search engine that actually delivers it's source.
>>
>>53787993
you're fucked op
>>
>>53788197
You didn't understand OP. He asked how to remove his name and his history from the results of anyone else.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.