[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was given a Late 2010 Macbook Air 13" by my sister today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160330_235410.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160330_235410.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
I was given a Late 2010 Macbook Air 13" by my sister today, as she just got a new one. She didn't explain to me she spilled hot wax on the keyboard, giving me about an hour of cleaning on the computer. When I started it up, this image is present, and nothing else is possible. What do I do /g/?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>53783179
Stop living with your parents and buy yourself a normal computer.
>>
>>53783179
Give the girly computer back to the girl and try to act straight
>>
>>53783207
I'd really like to get it back to stock so I could sell it.
>>
>>53783179
It's totaled, there's nothing you can do about it now, I work at the Apple Genius bar. Late 2010 is pretty much obsolete now, you're better off buying a new rMB at this point, mention Darius at the Apple Store and I'll get you a deal
>>
It's missing an OS. Go to another Mac and Mac a Bootable El capitan USB. Use lion disk maker x.
>>
>>53783207
do you realize how stupid that sounds
>move out
okay thats gonna involve a lot of budgeting, etc.
>buy yourself a normal computer
yeah lets put that on the backburner... i jsut moved int oa place

-_-
>>
That screen just means it can't find an OS on the boot disk.
Burn an OSX install usb from her new macbook or any other linux system, plug it in, reboot and hold the alt key.
>>
>>53783179
>Browsing ebay
>realize I could make profit reselling old macbooks to normies
>Begin looking at auctions
>water damage
>water damage
>WATER DAMAGE
Seriously what the fuck is with people spilling shit over macbooks? There's literally no excuse if you are not 10 years old or younger
>>
>>53783250
Thank you anon, how exactly could I do this from Linux?
>>
just do the internet recovery thing. it install the os version that came preinstalled on the mac
>>
Don't fuck it up more by installing Linux. Make a Bootable key of Mavericks and enjoy the beauty of a MacBook. If it's still working.
>>
>>53783179
>she spilled hot wax
Your sister is getting more action than you.

The hard drive is probably fucked. The image means it cannot find the OS.
>>
>>53783584
>Don't fuck it up more by installing Linux. Make a Bootable key of Mavericks and enjoy the beauty of a MacBook. If it's still working.
How many seconds of not jerking guys off did it take you to write this?

Install Linux if you know how to use it. Install Windows if you want it to be generally useful. Install OSX if you want to be able to surf the web on it (but hell at that point you might as well install Chrome OS).
>>
>>53783584
>being this gay
>>
>>53783179
First, boot it from a USB stick, preferably linux. Check if you can find the hdd. If you can find it, good. Try to install an operating system on the hdd. Run some checks to see that it doesn't completely corrupt your data. If you can't find the hdd, open up the computer and see if the hdd cable is loose. This is a very common issue in macbooks. If it is not, the hdd is probably toast. Connect a spare hdd and see if that works. If it does, good. If it doesn't, the controller is probably broken and it will probably cost a few hundred bucks to fix it. It's not worth it, so either toss it, sell it or only boot it from a usb stick. In this case, the hdd is probably working so you can use it for other stuff or find your sister's nudes on it.
>>
>>53783274
My ex used to clean her nails and do makeup and shit while using hers, spilled so much shit on it.
So much nail polish remover.
>>
Give it back Jamar
>>
>>53783179
>asking /g/

just hold the option key down while it boots up
>>
>>53783856
How long it lasted?
>>
>>53783919
Its still kicking apparently, no idea how. That shit should have been dead the same day her dumb ass got it.

Can't wait for the battery to explode and disfigure her so she can get divorced and i can put a bag over her head and hate fuck her. Fuckin bitch.
>>
>>53783910
if that doesn't work try holding down command+R
>>
>>53783179

Your SSD is fugged m8. Try installing OSX from recovery into a USB drive or SD card to confirm.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>OH HI MY NAME IS LOUIS AND I CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM, ILL JUST NEED TO OPEN BOARD VIEW WHICH SUCKS BECAUSE IT HASNT BEEN UPDATED SINCE 1995 AND EVERYTIME I SWITCH THE ORIENTATION OF THE SCHEMATIC I HAVE TO REOPEN IT... YESS THATS THANKS TO APPLE SINCE THEY JUST DONT WANT FAIR COMPETITION AND THEY WANT TO FORCE YOU TO PAY $700 WHILE AT A 3RD PARTY REPAIR SHOP LIKE MINE I WILL CHARGE YOU ONLY $350, ANYWAYS THE PROBLEM IS WITH THIS FUSE YOU SEE? ITS ALL RED WHICH MEANS ITS ALL CORRODED FROM THE HOTWAX, ITS A GOOD THING YOU DIDNT USE A SONIC CLEANER SINCE IT MADE MY WORK EASIER, NOW LET ME TURN MY HOT AIR GUN ON... THERE WE GO, NOW LETS ADJUST MY MICROSCOPE ABIT SO YOU CAN HAVE A BETTER VIEW OF HOW MUCH I SUCK AT SOLDERING... NOW WE ADD MORE FLUX WHICH I SELL AT MY STORE... YES WE GOT IT, NOW LETS PUT IT BACK TOGHETER TO SEE IF IT BOOTS... YES, IT BOOTS SEE? I FIXED IT... SEE YOU NEXT TIME GUYS...
>>
>>53783282
No idea, far easier to do from a mac.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app

Just download the OS you want from the app store on a mac then install to a 16gb usb.

https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201372
>>
>>53784083
kek
>>
>>53783623
>hard drive
lolno, all macbook airs have ssd. This error image could also mean the SSD has gone into read only mode and needs to be replaced.
>>
>>53783242
KYS POS
>>
Step one, download an OSX vmware image and the fix it requires from a torrent site

Step two, use vmware to boot into OSX, create an app store account (or use your sister's) and download the el cap installer from there

Step three, create USB installer with that, it's gonna take long if you don't have a decent computer

I think you can do all this on linux without much trouble btw
>>
>>53783179
>hot wax
Your sister was using this computer as she waxed her legs to look good for all the guys she's been hooking up with from Tinder.

How does this make you feel?

There's a very good chance this computer was used to cam with guys online, take nude pictures, discuss sex, etc. All by your sister.

Gross, OP.
>>
>>53783179
You just need to reinstall OS X
>>
>>53785222
>implying OP isn't a camwhore himself
>implying OP is a man
watch you pronouns shitlord
>>
>>53783179
You don't need another mac. Go into recovery mode. It reinstalls OS X from the net (the version that shipped with the Mac). You get into it by pressing Command+R during boot.

Once OS X has been restored you can either update it or do >>53784601 and fresh install.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.