[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought a new gpu (MSI GTX 960) and after installing it when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Just bought a new gpu (MSI GTX 960) and after installing it when I turn the pc on, the screens turns black and can't even access the bios. How can I fix it?
>>
uninstall debian
>>
Plug your monitor into the fucking graphics card not the motherboard...
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>53781540
>Nvidia
That's what you get moron
>>
>>53781614
What tf are you talking about? Nvidia ftw
>>
>>53781570
I did, don't know what the problem is
>>
>>53781655
Did you turn on the accelerator?
>>
>>53781655
Did you plug your graphics card into a power supply? Is it seated properly?
>>
>>53781804
Yes everything is connected correctly. If it doesn't work soon will have to waggle it to see if it is not properly seated. Getting mad here
>>
>>53781540
If you can't access the bios then its definitely not the video card's problem.

This is obviously a power supply issue if it doesn't POST after installation.
>>
>>53781836
Power supply or maybe ram.

unseat then reseat the ram first.
>>
>>53781804
>>53781655
what video cable are you using?
>>
>>53781836
Yeah but maybe he just thinks it's not posting because he's not getting video output
>>
I get the POST screen for about 10 seconds but can't use either the keyboard or mouse and can't into bios. PSU works correctly and everything seems to be connected.
>>
File: e.jpg (47 KB, 498x337) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
47 KB, 498x337
>>53782099
Current install with old gpu
>>
You need to turn on the gpu accelerator before turning on the pc itself. You did get a gpu accelerator with your buy, right anon?
>>
>>53783534
>>53781720
Fuck
Off
Faggot
>>
>>53783904
>>53783904
Buy
GPU
Accelerator
>>
take a picture faggot
>>
>>53781637
It's that logic that led you to this situation.
Take that back and get a 380x
>>
>>53785096
>>53783904

WAIT FOR POLARIS
A
I
T

F
O
R

P
O
L
A
R
I
S
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.